• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Vizer04

He/Him
Currently, Spider-Man scales to Rhino's feat of 0.56 Tons of TNT. However, he doesn't have any reason to scale to Rhino's durability and i'll proceed to explain why:

1. The show goes out of it's way several times to demostrate that Spider-Man is much weaker than Rhino, to the point that most of the fight it's him running and dodging his attacks.

2. On top of that, Rhino's durability is even more impressive. Spider-Man is incapable of inflicting any damage to his armor and has to outsmart him in order to win.

So, i propose a downgrade to Spider-Man's (and those comparable to him) AP and instead scaling them to the next highest feat (which should be Green Goblin tanking his own Pumpkin Bombs)

Last edited:
It pains me so much to make this downgrade as this is my favorite version of Spider-Man, i loved this show during my childhood.

2. On top of that, Rhino's durability is even more impressive. Spider-Man is incapable of inflicting any damage to his armor and has to outsmart him in order to win.
Yeah, I already debunked this. Spider-Man staggers him in their first fight, specifically striking the armoured part of his face with chunks of the armour even coming off (to see the chunks you might have to watch the vid a little slower)

Rhino is still stronger, yeah, but Peter can in fact harm him. Peter outsmarting him is just a lot more convenient than harming the Rhino only to likely get grappled or worse

Staggering means you're harming somebody so it does count. Even if "stagger" isn't the term you wanna use, he still harms him

Speaking of Rhinos feat, wouldn't using this shot and the conicular frostum formula give a better result?
unknown.png

Didn't you link another scene where Spidey actually puts a visible crack in Rhino's armor in the sewers or something?
Not that I've seen during the sewer scene aside from him knocking over Rhino. However, he is able to harm Rhino again even before mass dehydration slows O'Hirn down

Yeah, I already debunked this. Spider-Man staggers him in their first fight, specifically striking the armoured part of his face with chunks of the armour even coming off (to see the chunks you might have to watch the vid a little slower)

Rhino is still stronger, yeah, but Peter can in fact harm him. Peter outsmarting him is just a lot more convenient than harming the Rhino only to likely get grappled or worse
Yes.........and no
In any other part of the body he does nothing, demonstrable in the other 2 times that Spidey attacked him directly
one of these is even Spidey using his cobwebs to gain momentum.

Assuming that the armor next to his face is less thick than in any other part of the body seems the most solid option, especially seeing the scene of the creation of Rhino, where we see the great difference between the body and the thing that will be his armor
meanwhile his face is easily noticeable that it is much less thick.
Finally, there is the plot itself, since it is assumed that what they were looking for with rhino was an impenetrable armor.

Note: I have only been able to see the first season due to lack of time, so I will not get too much into the discussion.
I also understand that half of what I said is already at the beginning of the thread, but I don't see how it refutes it.

Yes.........and no
In any other part of the body he does nothing, demonstrable in the other 2 times that Spidey attacked him directly
one of these is even Spidey using his cobwebs to gain momentum.

Assuming that the armor next to his face is less thick than in any other part of the body seems the most solid option, especially seeing the scene of the creation of Rhino, where we see the great difference between the body and the thing that will be his armor
meanwhile his face is easily noticeable that it is much less thick.
Finally, there is the plot itself, since it is assumed that what they were looking for with rhino was an impenetrable armor.

Note: I have only been able to see the first season due to lack of time, so I will not get too much into the discussion.
I also understand that half of what I said is already at the beginning of the thread, but I don't see how it refutes it.
A) In the first link, Spidey was aiming to push him into the wall as seen evident with the web attack he was going for
B) Spidey causes Rhino to be harmed twice. Even if he couldn't bust upon the armour, he not only kicked off chunks of it, but he caused more damage compared to the "thrill ride" that Rhino considered the measly fall from the Bugle to be
C) The face being "less thick" doesn't make much since given the narrative of the impenetrable armour you brought up

Again, Peter is a pretty smart guy. He knows that even if he can land some blows that can harm Rhino, getting up close is too much of a risk. Its a huge part of his fighting style in the show that if there are ways to exploit his environment to achieve a faster victory, he'll use it

A) In the first link, Spidey was aiming to push him into the wall as seen evident with the web attack he was going for
B) Spidey causes Rhino to be harmed twice. Even if he couldn't bust upon the armour, he not only kicked off chunks of it, but he caused more damage compared to the "thrill ride" that Rhino considered the measly fall from the Bugle to be
C) The face being "less thick" doesn't make much since given the narrative of the impenetrable armour you brought up

Again, Peter is a pretty smart guy. He knows that even if he can land some blows that can harm Rhino, getting up close is too much of a risk. Its a huge part of his fighting style in the show that if there are ways to exploit his environment to achieve a faster victory, he'll use it

A) Yes and no, if Spidey had the strength to hurt him, he would hurt him, the scene in that didn't do anything to him, and I don't think we should ignore that this is also an attack.
C) "A thick, titanium resin armor" Thickness matters
B) The first is exactly what we are discussing, the second seems legitimate, although spiderman did it more than anything to distract him.
As for the more damage than the fall ..... well I don't know much about physics (so I may be wrong in a big way), but Rhino basically fell on his feet, That should not reduce the damage that comes to him face?

Also, why is a semi-crouched person used in the calculation used, I think it would be better to try to use the car (although I think that gives higher results)
at this point this discussion does not matter much, they already found another feat, almost at the same level

A) Yes and no, if Spidey had the strength to hurt him, he would hurt him, the scene in that didn't do anything to him, and I don't think we should ignore that this is also an attack.
C) "A thick, titanium resin armor" Thickness matters
B) The first is exactly what we are discussing, the second seems legitimate, although spiderman did it more than anything to distract him.
As for the more damage than the fall ..... well I don't know much about physics (so I may be wrong in a big way), but Rhino basically fell on his feet, That should not reduce the damage that comes to him face?

Also, why is a semi-crouched person used in the calculation used, I think it would be better to try to use the car (although I think that gives higher results)
at this point this discussion does not matter much, they already found another feat, almost at the same level
A) I already explained why he didn't go for a rushdown style in the battle. Besides, its reasonable to say that first attack wasn't with all of his striking potential. Even then, with how he used the webs, comparing it with other fights of his, it looks more like he was going for a pin type move
B) If I harm someone, even as a distraction, I'm still harming them. This doesn't disregard that. Plus, its also worth mentioning that Rhino looked pissed off after that kick to the face

Even if you fell on your feet concerning the damage from that fall, it doesn't change the support for Spidey here. The kind of damage, let alone the fall, would do some pretty terrible stuff to your body. We can't argue that Rhino's legs are more durable than the rest of his body here. The scene is pretty clearly trying to show us how much of a tank O'Hirn is with him tanking such a destructive fall

Made a calc for Shocker causing tremors which is 0.51 Tons, only 0.05 Tons lower than the Rhino calc so even if Spidey doesn't scale to the Rhino the ratings would stay pretty much the same.
Evaluated the calc

What do you think about this?
While Rhino is definitely tougher and stronger than Spidey, the Webhead is still able to smash small chunks out of his armor (which could be something the animation team added to make it more impactful, but still, it's what the episode shows us) and stagger him, and while one could argue his face is more vulnerable than the rest, it more or less follows a similar logic to the comics where putting on that armor strengthened his natural body as well. That first fight matters more than the others that followed, especially since after Rhino's debut episode they kinda forget to acknowledge his big weakness to dehydration.

Okay. Thank you. The Shocker calculation should preferably be added to the relevant character profile page as additional scaling then.

Okay. Thank you. The Shocker calculation should preferably be added to the relevant character profile page as additional scaling then.
It's... not even that much smaller than the Rhino calc tho? The Rhino calc is like, only 1.098x higher.

So, should we recalculate the Rhino feat? Someone said it could give an even higher rating

Staggering Rhino isn't much of a feat, especially when its inconsistent.

However small chunks from his face breaking off would be a feat. Albeit one that barely has Spider-Man scale since his fist is much smaller than Rhino's entire body, which is what made the crater.

However small chunks from his face breaking off would be a feat. Albeit one that barely has Spider-Man scale since his fist is much smaller than Rhino's entire body, which is what made the crater.
Still significant as that clearly caused some damage and a reaction while the crater is something Rhino chuckled off

Anyways the final calc that can probably be made is Electro's vaporizing an Olympic sized swimming pool (presumably a College would have that size pool for competitions).

However this only scales to Electro's max output, which in turn only scales to him and I think Rhino since Electro once passed out by attempting to get Rhino off of him with electricity.
Still significant as that clearly caused some damage
I'm always rather iffy on that. Especially when its consistent that unlike villains such as Vulture or Kraven Spider-Man almost always needs to use environmental take downs or other people to defeat Rhino.

Vulture was somebody Spider-Man didn't need the environment to take down. In fact, he was one of the easiest villains to take down. Not surprising, as he was the first in the show

Kraven was also among the less potent foes Peter had to face. Spider-Man does in fact utilize the environment to his advantage consistently, but that's not to imply Peter is weaker than those he uses it against. By that logic, the Gob Squad is stronger than him, which certainly isn't true

Anyways the final calc that can probably be made is Electro's vaporizing an Olympic sized swimming pool (presumably a College would have that size pool for competitions).

However this only scales to Electro's max output, which in turn only scales to him and I think Rhino since Electro once passed out by attempting to get Rhino off of him with electricity.
It was calc'd as 8-A, but hang on a minute, what? Rhino? Scale to Electro? That sounds crazy AF. Their best feats are like, a thousand times lower.

Back