• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Another DCEU batman upgrade and profile revision

Status
Not open for further replies.
So in his profile under durability, it says he's wall level for tanking KGBeast's exploding flame thrower. To me this looks like low room level - room level (4:20): https://youtu.be/qjtQGqGJFk4

Also, it states that his dodging of doomsday was PIS. Please watch starting at 3:30: https://youtu.be/QOnAH-R5tvY

Now I'm not saying batman has MHS+ reaction speed, but clearly you can see how he dodges doomsday 3 times and it makes sense:

1. First time he dodges doomsday, it's hard to tell but he either fires his grapple gun just before or right when doomsday leaps towards him. At worst I believe this would be considered aim dodging but to me it seems like he fires the grapple gun first, so the feat goes to the grapple gun pulling him out of doomsdays clutches.

2. Second time he evades doomsday's heat vision; I think it's easier to tell that he already fired his grapple gun before doomsday fired his heat vision so IMO it is a legit dodge.

3. After falling onto the fire escape, batman uses his last lead smoke canister to temporarily blind and dodge doomsday.

This is no different then say comic batman using his gadgets in a smart, last ditch effort to save his skin. To call this rather brilliant evasive scene PIS undermines what batman has done in other mediums with his gadgets and his last minute planning. So I recommend pulling the PIS from his profile. If anything the feat should be mentioned as strictly a feat showing how evasive he can be with gadgets and last minute planning, that is all.

If batman were simply rolling and flipping around I would agree but it was through his gadgets, forethought and luck that he was able to live by the skin of his teeth. Plus it shouldnt be understated that doomsday was simply a brainless murder machine so I think batman's intelligence played a big factor.

Considering we are going to see batman fight beings and creatures that will probably compare to the justice League in some ways, it would be redundant to regard all of his maneuvers with gadgets as PIS when we can just stack it up to batman being batman without raising his stats.

How do you feel about the durability upgrade? Wall level seems a little low considering the overall size of the explosion, his closeness to it and the fact Martha was unharmed due to batman shielding her.

Well, regardless of planning, it should be impossible to avoid a murder-machine that is hundreds of times swifter than a cheetah.

I do not have an opinion regarding the durability. We likely need a calculation.

I don't have a problem with Comicbook Street-levelers being MHS+ or stuff like that, like Captain America's Mach 100 - 1000 feat.

But I am against DCEU Batman being MHS+. If he shows a MHS+ feat in the future of his own, and other "Peak Human" characters show them too, I'd be fine with it.

Batman definitely cannot be scaled out of a being as fast as Superman, however.

Well we have live action peak humans that have dodged bullets before. In this scenario I'm not even suggesting batman gets a speed upgrade to his reaction time. I just think the PIS should be removed because it is at least debatable due to his gadgets at the very least. And judging by the trailer we will see more of this like when he dodged an energy blast by swinging with his grapple gun.

@Heat

The problem is, I'm almost positive that Superman will end up becoming Releativistic or so in Justice League, scaling from Flash (Who has two Relativistic statements from promo alone). So we cannot scale Batman from Doomsday. If he or other Bat Family members get their own feats, fine.

I guess the confusion is that I also believe batman should not scale but I still don't consider the evasive maneuver PIS. Alright one more thing that might help but if it doesn't I'll drop this particular point unless something comes up in justice League. Here is a link to the BVS guide:

http://imgur.com/a/Lwf2G

The tech cowl is described as having clear lenses that drop over his eyes that feeds him info (we most likely wouldn't have seen them as its not stated they glow like in nolan's dark knight). Could we not logically compare this to something like ironman's helmet which, if I'm not mistaken, gives him his reaction time? So in other words cowl + grapple guns + lead grenade + intelligence + a brainless rage monster + a little luck (comes in handy) = the bare minimum for batman to escape that particular situation?

@Matthew, what is your opinion regarding the durability upgrade? Also, out of curiosity what statements were made during the promo that have flash at relativistic?

figure id bump for a definitive answer. Note: this was only to remove the PIS comment in DCEU batman's profile, not to upgrade.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back