• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Anime is too strong and has too many tier 0 and tier 1 characters, do you agree?

At first I thought that the most dominant ones were DC and Marvel, but looking through it, there's a lot of Tier 1-A anime characters and even couple ones as Tier 0. So if we did put against all of anime Tier 1 character against all of other remaining tier 1 characters would anime lose or is anime too OP?

I believe 1-A with like one level of Transcendence is the current opinion, but who knows where it will end up

I'm Blue daba dee daba die said:
Also, the strongest character on the wiki is Azathoth, not the creator
I strongly disagree. The Creator is probably the only character on the wiki that's actually confirmed and implied to be boundless.

Also, wasn't Azathoth supposed to be downgraded after its powers/abilities were debunked?

And I have heard that the True Form of even the weakest Outer God could become Tier 0… or it could end up bellow 1-A, I've heard multiple different opinions on where that's going

EnnardTrap1987 said:
Also, the strongest character on the wiki is Azathoth, not the creator
I strongly disagree. The Creator is probably the only character on the wiki that's actually confirmed and implied to be boundless.
So did Azathoth
Azathoth's characteristics were debunked to be for another character, right?

Pretty sure the mess with Azathoth, Yog-Sothoth, and Yog-Sothoth's True Form is still a mess that needs to be sorted out.

Idk how i feel about a Gan downgrade.

Especially with the statement that reads:

Would you risk destroying that world as well as this, and the other worlds sai King has touched with his imagination, and drawn from? For it was not he that created them, you know. To peek in Gan's novel does not make one Gan, although many creative people seem to think so. Would you risk it all?
No writer is Gan - no painter, no sculptor, no maker of music. We are kas-ka Gan.......The prophets of Gan.

Apparently, its also implied that Gan's influence is felt in all fictional worlds we may have read as well as in our own world where we read them. The heroes of the Dark Tower start to understand this when they see evidence of other worlds bleeding into their own (eg some bad guys arming themselves with Star Wars lightsabers), when they find a book by Stephen King, and when they meet Stephen King himself.

EnnardTrap1987 said:

Also, wasn't Azathoth supposed to be downgraded after its powers/abilities were debunked?
Being implied to be boundless means nothing now, especially considering that the tier no longer requires omnipotence or anything like that. He's Tier 0 yes but he doesn't occupy a particularly special place there (as far as I can tell). Even Yog-Sothoth is implied to be boundless and "outreach fancy and mathematics" as well as be of "limitless being and self".

No, he wasn't. That discussion ended with Azathoth and Yog-Sothoth being equal in scope and the rest of the Outer Gods being 0 but beneath the aformentioned two.

EnnardTrap1987 said:
Idk how i feel about a Gan downgrade.
Especially with the statement that reads:

Would you risk destroying that world as well as this, and the other worlds sai King has touched with his imagination, and drawn from? For it was not he that created them, you know. To peek in Gan's novel does not make one Gan, although many creative people seem to think so. Would you risk it all?
No writer is Gan - no painter, no sculptor, no maker of music. We are kas-ka Gan.......The prophets of Gan.
That quote only applies for his setting and absolutely nowhere else. It doesn't tell anything deserving Tier 0 on its own.

I've also heard possibilities of Lovecraft being downgraded, but all that talk was in the Discord which I'm not in so who knows if they have changed their minds since then.

Everything12 said:
Pretty sure the mess with Azathoth, Yog-Sothoth, and Yog-Sothoth's True Form is still a mess that needs to be sorted out.
It's been sorted out.

Everything12 said:
I've also heard possibilities of Lovecraft being downgraded, but all that talk was in the Discord which I'm not in so who knows if they have changed their minds since then.
It isn't, if anything it's getting massively upgraded.

It seems the CM will likely get a multitude of tier 0s (assuming the revisions get done after the wiki move) plus VSBW isn't omniscient there's probably many obscure verses from all over the world that have tier 1 or 0 feats/statements but aren't popular and/or well known enough to be on this site.

The Axiom of Virgo said:
It seems the CM will likely get a multitude of tier 0s (assuming the revisions get done after the wiki move) plus VSBW isn't omniscient there's probably many obscure verses from all over the world that have tier 1 or 0 feats/statements but aren't popular and/or well known enough to be on this site.
Eh, this wiki is a haven for extremely obscure verses, at least in the west.

The Axiom of Virgo said:
I heard there was one verse that's banned due to literally EVERY CHARACTER being ranked at Tier 0 somehow.

It was more banned for being incoherent, self-contradictory and outright a massive mess. The strength played into this but wasn't the main factor.

Planck69 said:
It was more banned for being incoherent, self-contradictory and outright a massive mess. The strength played into this but wasn't the main factor.
So, the verse was too complex and confusing for the wiki?

No, it was more becuase it lacked a coherent plot and being less of a verse and was more a power fantasy
Lacking a coherent plot was pretty much the reason why The Player from Catalog Heaven got deleted.

Back