• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Anilaza AP Upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Antvasima said:
@Noahkaismith
I personally would not mind, but I am not the best person to ask about this. It depends on what the other staff members think.
Maybe we should hold a vote?

@GokuSparkle

That is not how things work. Sorry. Much of the entire point of having staff members is that they evaluate discussions and try to find as rational solutions as possible. They should be open to regular members trying to convince them though.

Like I said, I'm ope to an At least 3-A rating. I just know for a fact that this discussion has been had at least three times before already, and has been bitter arguing every time.

GokuSparkle said:
But after that stupid section of him trading blows with Jiren, Jiren stomped him again, and Vegeta didn't seem impressed with his power, just calling it a stupid light show. Also, it's not like Vegeta and Goku were near Jiren's level. Also, Vegeta got no kind of power up after he fought Anilaza, yet he fought better than Goku I'd say.
He didn't stomp him. Goku could withstand and react to his blows. It became a stomp fest when he powered up after the fight with Vegeta. He did get a power up, we see him get stronger and faster while fighting Jiren, at first he couldn't even keep up or touch Jiren (unlike Goku) and was tossed away, but then he sees through his attacks.

@Noah

Something did happen, it was the lightshow both Sparkle and I mentioned. I know SSB2 isn't a thing, i wasn't saying it was.

@ByAsura

Yeah, but he didn't yell in a flashing aura or anything, that's pretty much just technique. The fact that he affected Jiren at all is what's impressive. So you think that both Goku and Vegeta only became Low 2-C after they fought Anilaza? That seems strangely convenient.

Also, if the lightshow from Goku in 122 did actually power up Goku, why did Vegeta call it stupiid and didn't seem impressed?

You don't have to quote that wall of text, it clogs the thread. I only did that because the comment was far apart.

Vegeta obviously powered up, he was even getting more powerful while fighting Jiren, and Whis said he might be trying to use a form of UI. He didn't affect Jiren until powering up, Jiren was actually tanking his blows. Convenient for my arguement or the show? Either way the show has its own logic.

Idk, maybe because he caused a massive explosion that vegeta needed to dodge. It's possible with Vegeta saying it's a stupid stunt, and not the amount he'd power up to is. Also there's still the part about Jiren in this state still being powerful enough to surpass all previous foes.

Somebody can message Matthew and ask him to comment here about that. I personally don't mind, but it might mess up the scaling.

SuperDragoon978 said:
I'm going to cry if Anilaza gets upgraded to be above SSB Vegetto. That's just so... wrong.
XD Isn't it also wrong for Base Frieza to be above SSJB Vegito?

@Goku Sparkle

He clearly increases in strength, speed, durability, etc. Before he couldn't even hurt Jiren, then he manages to do so, even blitzing him at one point in the fight. Jiren even says the force of his Final Flash isn't half bad, despite being at the level he was when he fought the 1st UI and easily deflecting everything Vegeta had.

ByAsura said:
@Goku Sparkle
He clearly increases in strength, speed, durability, etc. Before he couldn't even hurt Jiren, then he manages to do so, even blitzing him at one point in the fight. Jiren even says the force of his Final Flash isn't half bad, despite being at the level he was when he fought the 1st UI and easily deflecting everything Vegeta had.
I don't know about durability...Yeah, but soon afterwards Vegeta gets a new transformation and doesn't do any better, and you could even argue he was doing worse, considering Jiren blinked away an Evolution Final Flash.

Obviously it's durability as well, he took hits from Jiren, can withstand the recoil force of his own attacks, and that's generally how it works in DB. A Jiren who was using even more power than when he'd already finally used more power than he has in a while and a hint of his power true power. This Jiren that Vegeta could fight with and surpass was even less powerful than when he fought Goku's first UI Omen, as proved by Vegeta literally calling him less powerful, and Jiren later going to that level.

ByAsura said:
Obviously it's durability as well, he took hits from Jiren, can withstand the recoil force of his own attacks, and that's generally how it works in DB. A Jiren who was using even more power than when he'd already finally used more power than he has in a while and a hint of his power true power. This Jiren that Vegeta could fight with and surpass was even less powerful than when he fought Goku's first UI Omen, as proved by Vegeta literally calling him less powerful, and Jiren later going to that level.
I suppose. Did he state that or are you guessing? So, are you saying Vegeta is or isn't Low 2-C in SSJB?

That Clown God of Destruction and his Kai stated both. Maybe after he increased a lot.

The reason Goku and Vegeta are low 2-C after Anilaza is because they were stronger than UI Goku 1, who fought with a character who's suppressed power is Low 2-C (by being superior to Infinite Zamasu, who has 4-D power).

I have no reason to assume that between the 5 seconds/minutes (or however long those episodes were) that Goku crossed 3-A to 4-D power in standard Blue and Kaioken conveniently after Anilaza. Did he power up really hard or something to show his full power? Because it's the same Goku. Saiyans do get stronger over the course of fighting, so it's possible he was on the edge of it before and during Anilaza, but I don't have anything that comes to mind between his Jiren rematch where he almost KNOCKED HIM OFF and it was stated that he was pulling out even MORE power and the Anilaza fight. What did he do to get a boost in power available to him. Because the only reason why Anilaza wouldn't scale is because Goku was saving power for Jiren.

A lot of the talk between the 3-A and Low 2-C is irrelevant really. Not only do the writers not consider it, but the Tournament of Power has plenty of characters breaking their limits and becoming much stronger in literal seconds.

Chartate101 said:
That's why I think we should go with "At least 3-A, possibly Low 2-C)
Golden Boy [previously Unite] analyzed that Frieza's has no low 2-C stuff and had the biggest naptime of the all the other characters, and said that 17 has more stuff that qualifies for it but i'm neutral about it.

Xantospoc said:
I mean, Freeza has a High 3-A feat and all of you are still ignoring it
We did not ignored it, we decided to not use it. Having Frieza at his own tier or having others to scale from him would either mess up the scaling, and i do not think that a change background color feat to be High 3-A.

Xantospoc said:
I mean, Freeza has a High 3-A feat and all of you are still ignoring it
Dude, Frieza got ******* obliterated by the move. He was barely able to stand, it knocked him out of the form, and the only reason it didn't kill him was because Toppo wasn't allowed to kill.

Dark649 said:
We did not ignored it, we decided to not use it. Having Frieza at his own tier or having others to scale from him would either mess up the scaling, and i do not think that a change background color feat to be High 3-A.
Scale the others or sum it up to Freeza breaking his own limits. Given how later on all the relevant guys are on the Low 2-C there is nothing shameful.

Either is the same to me.

How? It's literally the opposite of the way you're thinking. Limit breaking as in breaking their limit to how much Strength that they can get. It's subjective.

Cropfist said:
I've yet to see how "they broke their limits" doesn't refer to them exerting themselves like never before instead of literally surpassing their previous level out of nowhere.
Because examples of Limit Breaking were surpassing their previous level of power, IE UIO Goku and SSJGSSJBE Vegeta

Also can we all agree on how dumb the phrase "Limit Break" is? "Breaking" an old limit would just set a new limit

Xantospoc said:
Yes, he was messed up, but Toppo himself was surprised by his survival
Feats > Headcanons
Toppo wasn't surprised by his survival. Toppo wasn't trying to kill him. Getting stomped is not a feat. Let's summarize the whole exchange. Toppo fires a blast, which absolutley destroys Frieza but doesn't kill him, but only because Toppo wasn't allowed to. Frieza gets up a few minutes later, and fires a full power blast. Toppo flicks a speck of energy at the massive blast that easily plows through Frieza's attack and demolishes Frieza. None of that was a feat. Getting stomped isn't a feat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back