• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Anilaza AP Upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
By this logic everyone is Low 2-C. It was very clearly a matter of Teamwork, so you cannot use it to scale. It does not sense, but in fiction team effort often scales in a non-linear fashion and make people defeat those who are way higher than the Tiering List.

Cropfist said:
I also disagree with universal+ SSB Goku.
We're not talking about Low 2-C SSB Goku, that's basically 100% confirmed already. We're talking about if goku was Low 2-C back when he fought Anilaza, which would scale Anilaza to Low 2-C.

SSB is only Low 2-C when he goes to fight Jiren again with Kaioken alongside Vegeta. Not during the Anizala fight which is before.

The most I could support would be At least 3-A, something we had him at before, but I don't see this going anywhere.

Matthew Schroeder said:
SSB is only Low 2-C when he goes to fight Jiren again with Kaioken alongside Vegeta. Not during the Anizala fight which is before.
But there was no power up since the fight with Anilaza and the fight with Jiren. And a times 20 multiplier does not make a 3-A into a low 2-C.

Just checked, Matt's right, we consider Goku to be Low 2-C in SSB as of ep 123, Anilaza was defeated in 121 (thought he got no power boost between now and then, that's where the feats come in)

Matthew Schroeder said:
The fight with Jiren is immediately after the fight with Anilaza though.

@Noah There was a power up that we see. The narrator literally says goku and Vegeta broke their limits with the kaioken, and before that Goku powered up his Ssb form, causing an explosion just as he was about to fight jiren.

Why does there have to be unnecessary drama? If you don't like that he said he thinks the thread would go nowhere, just ignore it and move on.

Ah yes, who cares if people actually want to see an upgrade? Lets just have out Tier 0 staff who think of themselves as gods say "yeah no". Why even have CRTs if a mod can just say "who cares if you have a lot of peole on your side, **** you" and then hakai the thread?!??

Please do not start this drama.

ByAsura said:
I thought that was post Anilaza Goku, the one who had just powered up to the point of being surrounded in yellow lightning and causing an explosion. That was the one who fought Jiren.
He just powered up, and Vegeta called it a light show. It was confirmed an animation error and in the cuts other than Koji Nashizawa's, his hair wasn't like SSJ2.

That doesn't prove he didn't get more powerful, especially since this jiren at this level of power was still stated to be the most powerful energy by Vegeta, at least putting him above anilaza, who they fought what? 5-10 minutes ago in DBS' time. I never said anything about SS2, and I don't even think this powered up Goku was in SSB2.

ByAsura said:
That doesn't prove he didn't get more powerful, especially since this jiren at this level of power was still stated to be the most powerful energy by Vegeta, at least putting him above anilaza, who they fought what? 5-10 minutes ago in DBS' time. I never said anything about SS2, and I don't even think this powered up Goku was in SSB2.
But after that stupid section of him trading blows with Jiren, Jiren stomped him again, and Vegeta didn't seem impressed with his power, just calling it a stupid light show. Also, it's not like Vegeta and Goku were near Jiren's level. Also, Vegeta got no kind of power up after he fought Anilaza, yet he fought better than Goku I'd say.

After seeing Chartate's post
Anchorman the Legend of Ron Burgundy - That escalated quickly
Anchorman the Legend of Ron Burgundy - That escalated quickly.

:
Like seriously, it only took one post.

All things considered I'm neutral about whether this gets accepted or not. I see the logic, but I'm near 100% certain this will just be fragmented opinions of ' Maybe ' , ' Yes ' , and 'No'

ByAsura said:
Literally nothing happended since the Anilaza fight though. There's no way they got stronger. SSB2 isn't even a thing in the anime.

CrimsonStarFallen said:
Last time this topic came up, things got ugly real fast. I don't want to see that shitshow happen again.
I'll try to keep that from hapenning, but I'm not sure how much I can help something like that. There's definitely something's that at least suggest it's possible Anilaza is Low 2-C, so I don't see why At least 3-A is so hard to accept.

Because this always leads to arguing that never ends up with anything productive. We've already argued this like 10 times before, no joke.

Aeyu said:
Because this always leads to arguing that never ends up with anything productive. We've already argued this like 10 times before, no joke.
And even an At least 3-A rating was rejected? I can at least kind of see why people would think Goku got stronger after 121, but Vegeta got no powerup at all from pretty much the beginning of the tournament to 122, where he fought just as well as if not better than Goku, who was absolutely Low 2-C by that point, and his, together with 4 other people's beams, didn't work against an apparently 3-A Anilaza.

The problem is that DBS has some very inconsistent scaling and also does not use a distinction between 3-A and Low 2-C. That has caused problems for us when attempting to properly scale the characters.

Perhaps Anilaza should get an explanation footnote at the bottom of his page to avoid further discussions about this?

Yeah we should at least note that we acknowledge that Anilaza has reasonings for Low 2-C, but due to scaling issues this is largely null since DBS ***** up that scaling.

Antvasima said:
The problem is that DBS has some very inconsistent scaling and also does not use a distinction between 3-A and Low 2-C. That has caused problems for us when attempting to properly scale the characters.
Perhaps Anilaza should get an explanation footnote at the bottom of his page to avoid further discussions about this?
Maybe, but I think this deserves one more chance of trying to get it upgraded.

Is somebody experienced (preferably a staff member who has taken part in these discussions) willing to add such a footnote?

@Noahkaismith

I personally would not mind, but I am not the best person to ask about this. It depends on what the other staff members think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back