• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
@Glass from what I understand, that resistance comes from resisting the cosmos that affect the mind itself doesn't it? If so it wouldn't work

Additionally, thats scaling from her mind manipulation when she was a 7-B.

@Glass don't play smart with me lol

But if you're saying that seriously, let me remind you it was her 7-B form that had the mind hax that manipulated 2-A Madoka.

I'm more amused at people imagining it's more likely that Cronus will be kindly entering some portal so he gets somehow BFR'd rather than going "regen negating abstract killing scythe gg".

Power Drain needs physical contact and takes a while... Against an Ult!Madoka going "Homura, stahp. Homura what you doing. No. Homu." She tries that here, scythe gg since as it was discussed above already, Cronus outclasses in the other fields. If we consider character/in-verse demonstrations she goes for Power Drain first only to find out her opponent not only resists but has her outclassed on a bunch of stuff and a broken scythe.

On Memory Manip I should probably be noting that Madoka borderline went full Law of Cycles on her sometime post end movie even though Madoka never did want to outright kill her. Unlike here and considering Cronus has that BS resistance via Cosmos (his resistance should be on the level where he can at least tank other Gods passively trying to mess him up) SO I feel pretty safe to assume that, even though he may not outright "no-sell" it, he resists the memory stuff long enough for "scythe gg" or whatever other hax.

Got to say, Cronus 8~9/10 for me.

@Fate what level of regen does it negate?

We've discussed that countless times already, the idea that Madoka would do nothing while it happens is absurd.

Wraith Arc actually answered why the post Rebellion thing happened, spoiler alert its not on Homura's end.

Mid-Godly from Abstract existences, IIRC.

And no. That's assuming that Madoka telling Homura to stop when she could kinda have blasted her away if she wanted to kill her was because she couldn't... When we know from eons ago that the last thing Madoka would want is to just bust her.

Like, she could have literally just moved her hand with a 2-A slap or a 2-A kick to the face there but she didn't. It took forever for that to work.

Ah I see, well rip Homura. Killing a 2-A Mid-Godly is above anything Homura can do for sure.

She still did it against Mami, pretty sure she would have done it against Homura.

C'mon everyone knows Madoka is actually straight

Jokes aside, Madoka had known Mami for longer in that timeline.

Holy..

Homura finally getting her first loss since the tragedy with Nicol Bolas

That is if I vote for Chronus *insert gif*

Cronus vs Nicol Bolas when?

But in all seriousness, Cronus for Matt's reasons.

ZackMoon1234 said:
Homura finally getting her first loss since the tragedy with Nicol Bolas
Did you ever hear the tragedy of Homura Akemi The Devil?

Did you ever hear

first of all since the battle will turn into CQC(mostlikely) yes Cronus may one shot but Homura has her BFR(le Shield) to prevent it from doing so

Cronus will start the battle by teleporting with Pragma Spathe to try and one shot with his scythe.

I'm not sure if Homura would be able to defend against this, especially not knowing that it's coming beforehand. Plus, he kills her in like one go and Homura really has no way to recover from it.

As it's been highlighted above, the Power Drain would take more time than Cronus' attacks to finish her.

Voting for Cronus here

@Galaxian pretty sure its already been pointed out that the scythe won't kill her

Also, in the middle of power drain, he won't be able to do anything

@Homu I seriously doubt that would happen

That said, her portal is pretty big, if he tried h2h, he's probably gonna get caught in it, and that's ignoring Homura's size manip.

Yeah, but those attacks also carry the ability to kill other Saint Seiya Gods, which would include the ability to destroy beings with Mid-Godly Regenerationn and an abstract nature as Fate described.

I don't think that Nigh-Omniscience works like that in combat, that's seems like something more for Clairvoyance or Precognition.

@Homu that was because she wanted to destroy the shield itself

@Galaxian thats the specific ability of Golden Dagger, it seems that Fate got confused.

We don't use the full scope of omniscience in vs threads, as she wouldn't necessarily know that.

SomebodyData said:
@Galaxian pretty sure its already been pointed out that the scythe won't kill her

Also, in the middle of power drain, he won't be able to do anything
Didn't that get shut down several times?

@Real Cal no? The closest was Fate's reasoning, but as I pointed out, its absurd when considering Madoka has directly killed people before for even smaller sakes.

Wait let me ask Kal if that got shut down, perhaps when I wasn't around or don't remember it.

Most gods in Saint Seiya actually have that kind of ability already within their main weapons though. Hades is capable of it via his sword, and Athena is capable of it with her Staff of Nike as she was able to kill Hades for a number of years.

Well its being specified here, which makes it sound like not the case for Cronus.

Also, the last one is an anti-example isn't it?

Madoka loves Homura more than I do tho, so there's a reason why she didn't do anything. Plus, we can't just assume that no one can do anything just because Godoka didn't. Idk what fallacy it is, but it is one. (Actually, Same could probably be said about Mami's "power nullifying" ribbons and Homura not doing anything)

Like I said, she's killed Mami before when she had to. And only saved Homura because mankind was on the line in the Wraith Arc, heck she was suffering a psychological breakdown at one point and Madoka did her job still. Not to mention there are countless non-deadly things she could have done.

That's called NLF (Not that its being crossed here since they're both 2-A, even if the degree varies)

Actually, that was confirmed in the games I think, have to check with Kal on that one.

What's that thing that almost got Arceus killed by a meteor? If I remember correctly, there's a Pokémon move named after it, which sharply raises special attack. Nasty...something. It begins with a p... Pit? Pot? Ploy? Ah, I got it now. PLOT ovo.

(Btw, I'm just teasing, joking around, rather than being a sarcastic a-hole here)

Im sorry if this is unrelated, but how do you cross out your words?

I have to check google what it is and I still forget about what theyre called and sometimes I cant find what they are.

I am desperate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back