• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Analog horror discussion thread

I wonder if The Smile Tapes could fit on Vs Battles Wiki i suppose it would be 10-C tier for the virus and a different tier for the host.

So i got a question, what tier is the Woodcrawler from Gemini Home Entertainment?

I think they are wall level because a group of them can crush a police car.

Those Mandela Catalogue pages are in some pretty bad shape, with some pretty outrageous ratings at the moment. Letting y'all know that they'll be properly looked at when I manage to talk to the knowledgeable guy about 'em.

Those Mandela Catalogue pages are in some pretty bad shape, with some pretty outrageous ratings at the moment. Letting y'all know that they'll be properly looked at when I manage to talk to the knowledgeable guy about 'em.
Yeah i feel like some of them need a rework, the Alternate might need a tier change because killing a fit human isn't really street level if i remember correctly, it would be 10-A tier and it would either be street level or wall level for them to be impervious to bullets from firearms.

I spoke to some interested parties and the consensus was more or less:
  • Unknown AP and 9-B Dura, probably (Invulnerability gets chucked)
  • No Omnipresence or Omniscience for any of 'em (Cosmic Awareness gets chucked)

This did not seem like everything that was wanted to be changed, but these were the most egregious points.

Soo as of now i added characters from Mandela Catalogue and Gemini Home Entertainment, the only popular analog horror series that i can think of is Smile Tapes, Chimpy Chippa, No Through Road, _Boisvert which is going to be very confusing to scale.

Just a thought, i think a "Analog Horror" category for these characters would make sense, i don't know if it would work or not but its just a thought.

This did not seem like everything that was wanted to be changed, but these were the most egregious points.
Changed it.

Btw about verse pages, do you really need to have calcs for said verse before making one?

Not as far as I know, but if you are making pages without reliance on standard feats, you would need to calc them before posting the pages.

Quick question, would the killer from the "No Through Road" youtube movie series fit on VBW?

Because, it is technically a ARG/Analog Horror.

About Mandela Catalogue, Alex Kister is pretty much remaking volume 1 i believe, when it comes out they'll probably get edited.

And hopefully it'll probably give us a proper tiering for the Alternates. (I doubt it though)

Also about the verse page what's a good enough quote i can use for the profile?

All i can find is:

"Why do you try to escape what you fear, Noah? You will be punished for resisting my message. You will bring another creature on the boat. You won't notice it at first, just wait Noah. Wait until you start to feel something. A change happening in your mind. You won't even realize that it had taken form until you see it. When you see it, there is no return. It will give you a message. It will be your last message."

Also about the verse page what's a good enough quote i can use for the profile?

All i can find is:

"Why do you try to escape what you fear, Noah? You will be punished for resisting my message. You will bring another creature on the boat. You won't notice it at first, just wait Noah. Wait until you start to feel something. A change happening in your mind. You won't even realize that it had taken form until you see it. When you see it, there is no return. It will give you a message. It will be your last message."
how about

"Nothing is worth the risk"

like this is the most famous quote of the series

how about

"Nothing is worth the risk"

like this is the most famous quote of the series
Yeah that's good enough, i really hope the remake of Volume 1 gives us a proper tier for the Alternates.

Since sometimes, they walk away after transforming into their victims as seen with Thatcher's Alternate and Dave resisting the effects of M.A.D.

Yeah that's good enough, i really hope the remake of Volume 1 gives us a proper tier for the Alternates.

Since sometimes, they walk away after transforming into their victims as seen with Thatcher's Alternate and Dave resisting the effects of M.A.D.
is Alex really remaking the volume 1?

i mean that's good, but i think he should be focusing on doing the 5 no?

hey Sans who do you think is the scariest analog series?

hey Sans who do you think is the scariest analog series?
Well the only analog horror series that unnerves me is The Walten Files and nothing else, i just find the other analog horror series interesting for the most part.

So i got a question, would a analog horror web-series like "_Boisvert" would be allowed on this wiki?

It's really confusing to scale and just seems like a trippy art project.

And then theres the complex, a being that is basically a physical book of where the events of _Boisvert takes place in, although that is highly debatable.

And then "The Angel" a being that is possibly around tier 1, the characters in _Boisvert are pretty powerful, but sadly, i don't think anyone would have the time to try and scan every single character in the verse.

So about Mandela Catalogue, should the tier for the Alternates stay at unknown tier?

If i remember correctly, the Alternate in Vol. 333 possibly killed Ruth who is a trained member of the Mandela County police force, they would at least be tier 10 if not higher, although i could be wrong about this.

mine

What about Monument Mythos?
It's pretty decent in terms of power, if i remember someone did Kratos vs The Horned Serpent and they all agreed that he couldn't even harm the Horned Serpent.

As for Mandela Catalogue its pretty vague when it comes to scaling.

Back