• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Ana vs Kadabra (GRACE)

Also, please add in topics for every vs thread you do. Otherwise it will not get any attention at all.

Which is the main reason why I didn't see this fight in the first place.

Anyway, Ninten has a pretty good AP advantage being at 6.02 Megatons while Kadabra is at 2.5 Megatons

His PSI moves are mostly for defending (with hypnosis being an exception, but ya know, r e s i s t) which is a problem since Kadabra can nope Shield and Stat amp, both of which Ninten starts with. In this case, Ninten would have to rely on healing, sheer AP, and 4D slip (as a means to just escape). Ninten resist some of Kadabras Attack and can just tank it.

So right now I'm leaning towards Inconclusive. Since Ninten' PSI moves are mostly useless in battle, but has a decent AP advantage to just hope and one shot Kadabra.

Thanks to Itoi not being nice enough to give descriptions for how PSI attacks work in mother 1 I needed to test out all of ninten's before getting here.

Basically Ninten can put to sleep objects that don't require sleep, such as cars/trucks. Can Kadabra resist sleep inducement on this potency?

Ana vs Kadabra seems somewhat better for this since Ninten really only has defensive psychic abilities, while Ana has both offensive and defensive.

GiverOfThePeace said:
Basically Ninten can put to sleep objects that don't require sleep, such as cars/trucks. Can Kadabra resist sleep inducement on this potency?
Porygon and other inorganic beings can be put to sleep in Pokemon, Kadabra resists this. Kadabra can also resist sleep that puts an entire floor (mystery dungeon term for a very large room, essentially) to sleep. Even if it couldn't resist, self-curer would heal it promptly.

Kadabra seems to have an answer for most of Ana's stuff. Status effects will be cured by self-curer, including blindness, and inflicting Kadabra with a status condition is a bad idea due to Synchronoise. The AP gap isn't as much of an issue with guard split and guard swap, along with Kadabra's good instinctive reaction and passive telepathy and teleportation and superior intelligence all which help it dodge any of Ana's moves. Power null and Healing stop any offensive momentum that Ana may get. And Ana doesn't resist TK; Kadabra's main way of attacking.

Voting for the psychic boi

GyroNutz said:
Kadabra seems to have an answer for most of Ana's stuff. Status effects will be cured by self-curer, including blindness, and inflicting Kadabra with a status condition is a bad idea due to Synchronoise. The AP gap isn't as much of an issue with guard split and guard swap, along with Kadabra's good instinctive reaction and passive telepathy and teleportation and superior intelligence all which help it dodge any of Ana's moves. Power null and Healing stop any offensive momentum that Ana may get. And Ana doesn't resist TK; Kadabra's main way of attacking.

Voting for the psychic boi
Ana actually power nulls and drains psychic abilities, Kadabra is in a pinch there, the Ap gap alone puts Kadabara in a huge pit and the passive telepathy he clearly doesn't use right in combat. PSI is done via focusing, so telekinetically moving her wouldn't stop her from draining Kadabra's psychic powers and promptly power nulling him.

GiverOfThePeace said:
Ana actually power nulls and drains psychic abilities, Kadabra is in a pinch there, the Ap gap alone puts Kadabara in a huge pit and the passive telepathy he clearly doesn't use right in combat. PSI is done via focusing, so telekinetically moving her wouldn't stop her from draining Kadabra's psychic powers and promptly power nulling him.
Kadabra can stop Ana's power null/draining by... power nulling it back. Kadabra's power null isn't psychic btw.

I've already explained how Kadabra makes up for the AP gap. Aside from outskilling and having more mobility in general, guard swap/guard split deal with the numerical advantage Ana has.

"Telepathy: Kadabra only. Anticipates an ally's attack and dodges it.". That's the passive telepathy.

How does his power nullification work? You realize his powers are drained correct? So even if he does powwer null Ana, both are now power nullled with the other side having the AP advantage.

Show me scans of how instinctive reaction works please.

That really doesn't seem that great since pokemon can still hit him even with that ability.

Just for reference, Kadabra's telepathy scales to its prior evolution, Abra, which is able to use its telepathy to the point where it can passively react to attacks while it is asleep

Would like to say PSI Block would mean Kadabra is left completely restricted from the use of PSI abilities, leaving him really vulnerable to anything Ana has. Ana pretty much resist a lot that Kadabra has such as power null. Ana can also just remove Kadabra's shield to deal massive damage.

Some PSI would back-fire, but I am still willing to give Ana my vote.

Kadabra resists psychic attacks, and Kadabra's always active psychic shields is unaffected by moves specifically meant to bypass barriers. Kadabra counters a lot of what Ana can do tbh, especially since their AP is not really a factor after Guard Split/Swap.

As for Kadabra's instinctive reaction, it's in the game ability description, so it definitely exists, but alas I do not own Pokemon Conquest so I can't show you how it works.

So do enemies Ana and co. face, so that doesn't really change much. Moves meant to bypass barrier =/= nulling a barrier. No, he really doesn't, Already faced enemies who resist PSI yet can still harm them with said PSI, dura negation wwith PSI freeze, OHK with beam, etc.

I never said it doesn't exist, I said I want to know howw it works, if it's an in-game description, then we don't even know how it works and thus cannot make an outright conclusion on how it activates or operates as that's outright fallicioius.

Semantics. A move that negates a barrier is the same thing as a move that nulls a barrier.

He... does? It's on Kadabra's profile. What's not on someone's profile is Ana's durability negation however.

It's not fallacious to state how an ability works when we're given an in-game description of it, no.

Except bypassing and negating are two seeprate things, you're not negatting the barrier itself, you're avoiding it and attacking the person, example, person teleports a bullets past your shield and hits you, that's bypassing the shield, but you're not negating it.

What's stated on Kadabra's profile? Again, I didn't even disagree with Kadabara's hax. Her durability negation comes from PK Freeze Gamma where she can make any enemy go instantly to critical HP, including bossses and such no matter their AP.

Except that's not what I said was fallacious, don't try to change up my words. I said it's fallacious to argue how it works when you outright admitted yourself you can't show how it works, I quote from you, "but alas I do not own Pokemon Conquest so I can't show you how it works." All I gather from this is it's basic tier instictive reaction meaning mind based attacks and AoE attacks can still hit him, which is literally how Ana fights.

It bypasses the shield via negating it. I'm not going to argue this point further since you seem to have misunderstood what I said.

His resistance to psychic attacks. And Durability Negation isn't on her profile, though some more details about the mechanics of PK Freeze Gamma would be nice.

No, I'm not twisting your words. You said it's fallacious to assume how the ability works (operates) which is untrue. You also edited what you said, possibly during what I was typing, which may not have helped. Anyway, said mind-based attacks should have travel time if it's like regular Earthbound, and it's second nature for Kadabras to teleport away from danger

"Kadabra resists psychic attacks, and Kadabra's always active psychic shields is unaffected by moves specifically meant to bypass barriers." Nothing you've implied here goes by negating. It's not that I've misunderstood, it's that you've failed to elaborate properly.

Refer back to "Ana's already fought beings with resistance to psychic attacks and still affected them". PK Freeze Gamma does exactly what I explainned, Ana uses it and it always puts the enemy in critical condition no matter their defense. Only doesn't work on people like Giegue who've already stated his psychic concious dwwarfs Ninten and co.'s like him compared to an ant.

Re-quote here: "if it's an in-game description, then we don't even know how it works and thus cannot make an outright conclusion on how it activates or operates as that's outright fallicioius. " The "we don't know how it works" comes from "but alas I do not own Pokemon Conquest so I can't show you how it works." My edits are common in threads and it's usually fixing mispellings or adding an extra word, if wikis allowed to show previous edits I would show that. Also it is fallcious to assume the ability works beyond it's baseline measure without showing. You realize Ana fights starmen whose entire gimmick revovles around teleportation, correct? Teleportation isn't helping him here.

Back