• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

An KHR/RHG Match Who Are Not Named Tsuna and Bog/Time Havoc: Hibari Kyoya vs Jade (RHG) (TWO MORE LEFT)

IDK if anything has changed for this battle. Hibari now has stat amp and resistance to perception manipulation though.

Reading over this thread a bit...it's hard to say.

Well, two main things for me, not that my main argument changes much at all.

The first thing is his skill. I'm aware that everyone in the RHG verse is heavily skilled, but that also applies to many people within the KHR verse. The best example is Yamamoto, who was able to defeat the best swordsman in the world with just ten days of training, and a little luck. In the arc subsequent, he then lost to the best swordsman in the world not because of his skills, but because of illusions. And Hibari, in terms of skill, should around the same level, making him more than comparable to the most skillful fighters in the verse, which include all manner of well trained hitmen. I would think the skill gap is far less than what anyone thinks.

Secondly, his hedgehogs are still fully capable of blocking Jade's flames, and their explosive rate of propagation is actually insane. During the future arc, it tore through a radius of at least 500 meters, leaving literally only time just enough to not be impaled by whatever protrusion was closest. Not to mention the fact that Hibari doesn't need other flames to fuel his hedgehog's propagation. His own cloud flame attribute will do such for him.

Not to mention the large size and constant bombardment of the hedgehogs will seek to ruin any relatively small skill advantage Jade might have at this point. Having hedgehogs that can grow to over four times the size of her body constantly bombarding her will make it difficult to get in close. And getting in close means that she runs the risk of being impaled. Even retreat could mean being impaled as she could literally back up into a protruding spike. And Hibari can keep track of her with his flame radar.

Her stronger attacks, the condensed fire ones, are energy based and will actually work to her immense disadvantage, allowing Hibari to propagate his hedgehogs more rapidly and plentifully, granting him even more of a boon.

In her fights, Jade most opts for CQC, mixing in some fire techniques. Having fought against versatile people doesn't change it as an advantage against her, in particular against those with comparable skill who will abuse their ability. Not to mention that Hibari has a one shot with his handcuffs should he ever land it. Jade's tools don't really match up to Hibari's here.

On a side note, while Hibari can't absorb regular fire, I do find it interesting that lightning flames are essentially just lightning. It was such a big deal that Lambo was resistant to lightning and could overpower Levi because Lambo was a child. Not to mention that during the Varia arc, having dying flames was not commonplace at all.

Back