• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

An Italian Assassin fights an Italian Pizza Man 7-0-0

Considering how Ezio operates he'll likely open with throwing a smoke bomb and ducking out of sight before Peppino can rush at him, I'm assuming that Peppino will open with that unless him having access to his powerups deem otherwise. Ezio can then use his cartoonishly good stealth skills and do a diving assassination on Peppino from there as I don't see anything that can allow Peppino to sense that Ezio is still around.
To deal with the smoke bombs Pep can just blast the smoke away with a shotgun blast or as Firemouth Pep.

Smoke bombs do make you cough when your in them iirc, plus Ezio would only need a few seconds to dip away and get into stealth. I don't see enhanced senses or anything like that which could help Peppino pick up on Ezio being hidden

Smoke bombs do make you cough when your in them iirc, plus Ezio would only need a few seconds to dip away and get into stealth. I don't see enhanced senses or anything like that which could help Peppino pick up on Ezio being hidden
Do Ezio's bomb's make people cough in game? I'll note that Pep also has his own stealth mastery, while not as good as Ezio's he can still take advantage of the smoke bomb and also dip away. Also, how does Ezio get past Pope's Blessing giving Pep invulnerability?

Do Ezio's bomb's make people cough in game?
The Ottoman variants do. Phosphorus smoke. this clip

I'll note that Pep also has his own stealth mastery, while not as good as Ezio's he can still take advantage of the smoke bomb and also dip away.
Unlikely, smoke bombs have no effect on Ezio thanks to his Eagle Sense. Ezio will even be able to trace exactly where Pep will go to.

Also, how does Ezio get past Pope's Blessing giving Pep invulnerability?
How does it work?

Last edited:
Looking at this clip here yeah they do make you cough. Ezio would keep track of Peppino via Eagle Vision which can see through smoke. Even if Ezio lost Peppino his Eagle Vision allows him to retroactively deduce where someone went. For invulnerability Ezio could just sneak attack Peppino with a hidden blade before its used, which can one shot people comparable to Ezio

Does the pope thing have a cooldown? How long does it last? If Peppino amps into 8-C then perhaps not, however he'd need to do this before Ezio sneaks up on him and just nails him. Peppino's regen won't save from a stab to the heart last I checked.

Does the pope thing have a cooldown? How long does it last?
I Don't know that exact time but its lasts for a few seconds.
If Peppino amps into 8-C then perhaps not, however he'd need to do this before Ezio sneaks up on him and just nails him. Peppino's regen won't save from a stab to the heart last I checked.
He can transform pretty fast depending on what he's transforming into.

Gotcha well a few seconds would be all Ezio would need to set something up. I still lean to Ezio taking this via his smoke bombs, eagle vision giving him some precog and hidden blades being able to one shot. This is a case of quality over quantity imo

has Peppino got any experience dealing with stealth tactics?
While not exactly stealth tactics, Fake Peppino constantly tries to go into the ground and ambush Peppino from behind throughout their fight, so there's that ig.
Ezio could just sneak attack Peppino with a hidden blade before its used, which can one shot people comparable to Ezio
Most of Peppino's Transformations/OE can withstand the force behind one-shotting no-sellers, so they should likely protect Peppino at least somewhat against the hidden blade. Certain ones like Satan's Choice would also straight-up let Peppino passively hurt Ezio if the latter ever tries to get in close, which might be especially problematic for Ezio since Peppino can also Parry and reflect any projectiles Ezio might throw at him (if they aren't too fast ofc).

Also, would Ezio have anything to counter Peppino using a Body Slam to momentarily stun the former? Granted, it might not help that much since it only stuns fodder enemies for a few seconds iirc, but it might throw Ezio off a little bit.

Fair point there, however he's not being subtle at all in a boxed in room with not many angles to attack from. Ezio's stealth skills are cracked, he can infiltrate highly guarded castles with guards suspecting an intruder, with it being places he never went to beforehand and not be spotted as you'd desynch if you do he also did this when destroying the plans for Leonardo's machines in Brotherhood. Plus several missions of his throughout his trilogy have not being spotted as a side objective to reach 100% synch which means canonically he wasn't detected during them.
Most of Peppino's Transformations/OE can withstand the force behind one-shotting no-sellers, so they should likely protect Peppino at least somewhat against the hidden blade. Certain ones like Satan's Choice would also straight-up let Peppino passively hurt Ezio if the latter ever tries to get in close, which might be especially problematic for Ezio since Peppino can also Parry and reflect any projectiles Ezio might throw at him (if they aren't too fast ofc).
Peppino still has to choose which transformation to use here, which becomes up in the air for this one. For the knight one Ezio has fodderized countless soldiers in full plate armour and can just stab in a gap or something. Satan's Choice might be useful as is the parry. However Ezio can fire a poison dart at Peppino which if connected will induce hallucinations and eventually end him, that or just shoot with his wrist mounted gun. If Peppino can't detect Ezio there's nothing to suggest he'd be able to parry in time unless he's fought enemies who were invisible or smth.
Also, would Ezio have anything to counter Peppino using a Body Slam to momentarily stun the former? Granted, it might not help that much since it only stuns fodder enemies for a few seconds iirc, but it might throw Ezio off a little bit.
Ezio is a highly skilled acrobat ever since he was 17 he was able to break into forward rolls from high heights or bumping into people and was able to continue running within seconds, plus he'd have parachutes if it came to him being sent flying.

Last edited:
Peppino still has to choose which transformation to use here, which becomes up in the air for this one.
I mean tbf, most Tranformations usually cause distress or pain to Peppino, with one startling him so hard his ghost straight-up leaves his body, so it's safe to assume he might choose and prefer Transformations/OE like his firearms over some other ones.
If Peppino can't detect Ezio there's nothing to suggest he'd be able to parry in time unless he's fought enemies who were invisible or smth.
Peppino can at least detect enemies that are behind walls as well as those who blend in with cardboard cutouts, but going off of the stealth feats you just listed it'd likely be pr hard for Peppino to detect Ezio, which would def be a huge problem for him due to those funny dura negging/one-shot scaling weapons, lol.

Gonna vote Ezio for now.

Back