• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

An Issue with Champion level Digimon Speeds

Dragonmasterxyz

VS Battles
FC/OC VS Battles
Retired
So this is something we have noticed. Many Champion level Digimon are scaled to a Hypersonic+ feat....that technically doesn't exist....As such the ratings are not legit. However, we can fix them.

Now, how can we scale Champion level speeds? Well I have compiled a least of multiple databook feats into a blog. https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:Dragonmasterxyz/Digimon_Franchise:_Digimon_Speed_Compilatio

I will just note that just like the anime, manga and games, the databook is also very much canon. Matter of fact at times we treat the Databook as the primary canon. Here is a blog detailing this. https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:Dragonmasterxyz/Digimon_Canonicity

According to my findings for Champion level Digimon, many have statements and feats of using pure lighting. So of course you may think, "Hey, then scale these guys to Massively Hypersonic." Issue is that it is not that simple. See most of the Digimon with Lightning Speed feats are kinda like the speedsters of that level of Digimon. As such, if there are speedsters, there are tanks. These tanks are Digimon such as Ankylomon, Tankmon, Monocromon, etc. As such it would be crazy to assume these guys can move fast enough to fight the likes of Stingmon.

However, one conclusion we made is to scale this to reactions speeds only. While keeping the movements speeds Supersonic+. Another was to scale Champion levels to the likes of Wizardmon and Agunimon. Agunimon dodged Wizardmon's Thundercloud in which is descirbed in the databook as being an attack of pure lightning. (Usually cloud to ground, but can be shot directly from his wand). However, we are not certain as of yet. They only thing that is certain is that the Hypersonic+ ratings need to go.

Here's Agunimon's feat. https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:Executor_N0/Digimon_franchise:_Agnimon_dodges_Lightning

Dragonmasterxyz said:
That is an option yes.
I am fine with this, although I just got into digimon... Today. Soo I am unqualified to say conclusively lol. But hey, makes sense to me.

I dont see anything too complicated, although this will probably be a case by case basis.

It'd be weird to scale everyone to one of Agunimon's feats (lightning dodging) and not the other (laser beam dodging).

I wouldn't mind downgrading their speed (which has always seemed a little unjustified to me for the longest) but I'm not quite sure where to leave them at given the nature of the series.

Well, to be fair the Lightning dodging was a earlier in the series if I remember coreectly while the Garmmon fight happened a few episodes later.

Yeah, that's the issue. Where exactly do we place them. Digimon is known for giving out Lightning and Light speed feats casually (I mean technically Agunimon has an Infinite speed feat in the first or second episode. Outlier of course.), but determining what makes the most sense is kinda hard.

We I think Supersonic+ with Massively Hypersonic reactions for the tanks is good and Massively Hypersonic for the speedsters is fine, just putting in my 2 cents.

Kuwagamon has a MHS feat of his own, and another High Hypersonic feat. Maybe we can use those?

Well? Do you guys agree with "High Hypersonic, with Massively Hypersonic reaction/combat speed" for the average Champion level? As well as just "Massively Hypersonic" for the notable speedsters?

Also, I have also been thinking of upgrading all Mega level Digimon to "Relativistic+" via scaling to Rapidmon and Rinkmon. How does this sound?

Well many Champion levels have a ton of Lighting speed feats.

However, Rinkmon has a Relativistic+ feat.

Kuwagamon has both a High Hypersonic and Massively Hypersonic feat.

Agunimon has both a MHS+ feat and FTL feat. And an Infinite Speed Outlier.

There are certian Champion Digimon faster and much powerful than others, even in the series' debut. I mean, I even remember an episode from the Adventure series where Greymon and Birdramon were getting blitzed by an Alicorn-looking digimon (Forgot the name, forgive me Dragon.) and Ikkakumon only defeated it because his attack has homing properties. I believe Hypersonic or MHS would be the proper average since Champion level Digimon are becoming much faster as the series progresses.

You probably mean Unimon.

Also your proposal is also a good suggestion.

Now we just need to decide which one of these proposals to go with. Of course Executor's back so I'll also want his input as well.

I believe just MHS scaling off of Kuwagamon should be fine, considering Kuwagamon isn't known to be particularly fast among Champions

Darkanine said:
I believe just MHS scaling off of Kuwagamon should be fine, considering Kuwagamon isn't known to be particularly fast among Champions
Okay then. What do you think about my Mega level proposal?

IMO, the Megas are fine as well. Scads of Mega level digimon have some sorta of lightspeed-related feat or description of their attacks. Relavistic sounds appropriate for some of the slower Megas.

Agnimon's feat against Wizardmon appeared in episode 3 of Digimon Frontier when Takuya had just gotten his powers and still had not completely mastered it. The fight against Garmmon was in episode 21, after Takuya had already fought a lot using Agnimon and absorbed a lot of data in combat, so I think that in a fight against a common Digimon while not having much power is better.

The Kuwagamon scene surpassing an airplane I believe was rebutted in the comments and was agreed not to use it. At least it is what I remember of this feat, the calculation considers that Kuwagamon.

Scaling the common adult Digimon the feat of Agnimon and his fight against Wizardmon seems correct to me. I agree with the other suggestions on just scale combat speed and reactions to it to them while for the fastest digimon and with more concrete feats to scale to the movement speed.

I agree with Executor.

Also @Dark and Executor How do you feel about my Mega Digimon suggestion above?

So to summerize:

Faster than normal Champion levels: Massively Hypersonic+ All around via scaling to Agnimon.

Normal Champion levels: At least Supersonic+ movement speed with Massively Hypersonic+ Reactions/Combat Speed.

Slower than normal Champion levels: Supersonic+ movement speed with Massively Hypersonic+ Reactions/Combat speed.

Mega Digimon: Relativistic+, via being far superior to Rinkmon and Rapidmon

Does this look good to everyone?

(Insert text about Cal disagreeing here just to piss off Dragon but then feeling guilty about it and emphasizes that it was just a joke and he agrees here)

I'll acept that as an agreement. Meaning so far the ones that agree are Executor, Dino, likely Peter and Cal. Just waiting on Dark and Reppu.

It seems all ok. Now I would like to ask one thing, the difference of the File Island Digimon to the Continent Folder Digimon is 1000x, so it is said that one can not think of comparing the two types of Digimon. The same thing is said about a Digimon X-Antibody and a normal Digimon, would it be the difference of them also of 1000x?

Well, I don't exactly know. Multiplying their stats by 1000 seems out there to me. Also what Digimon do we know are Folder Continent Digimon? I know Veedramon is one. And he can fight Perfects.

Any Digimon that has a Digimon Pendulum version and later V-Pets can be considered to be a Digimon of the Continent Folder. Those of File Island are those of the original Digital Monster. There are Digimon versions of both the Archive Island and the Continent Folder, and the continent's Digimon are so powerful that comparing them to File Island is somewhat ridiculous to think about.

We can put two keys in the Digimon coming from the two games, one from the File Island that is where the current statuses will be and another one from the Continent Folder that will be 1000x more powerful. Digimon from games after the first Digimon Pendulum will be scaled to the Digimon of the Continent Folder.

For example, Seadramon is Small Island level by a feat of 7.943815e + 18 Joules (High 7-A).

The Seadramon version of the Continent Folder would be 1000x higher than that, 7.943815e + 21 Joules, which would be Low 6-B.

Not sure if we should arbitrarily raise everyone to Relativistic just because they're Megas.

Rinkmon only appeared in a sound drama if I remember correctly, and Rapidmon was only shown fighting Megas as powerful as the Sovereigns and Cherubimon.

@Dragon

Rinkmon isn't even a Champion level though, he's an Armor-level Digimon, which were generally considered weaker overall then the Champion-level Digimon.

I'm just going by what his Databook Entry says.

An Armor-level Mutant Digimon that evolved through the power of the "Digimental of Friendship". It is a Cyborg Digimon created from the sample data of an experiment that accelerated elementary particles to the speed of light with an accelerator. It is said that it was born from the fusion of that sample data, a Digimon raised for experimental use, and the Digimental. As a very keen Digimon, it is able to accelerate to 98 percent of the speed of light, so there are no Digimon who can rival Rinkmon with their speed. However, because its power is weak in contrast to its outstanding speed, its fighting and hand-to-hand combat have a weak side to them. Its Special Move, "Spinning Cutter" rapidly spins its body using its prided speed, and tears up the enemy with the cutters on both of its arms.

@Dragon

I'm aware of Rinkmon's Relativistic speed, I'm just not sure if we can scale it to everyone.

But we also has Agunimon and Lobomon's light speed stuff as well. And Garmmon's attack that is also pure light as well. And I'm more or less going for reactions and combat speed.

But this was a last minute thing honestly so I'm not really going to argue it much. The main thing I'm going for here is fixing Champion level speeds.

@Dragon

But they're Fusion-levels, and Agunimon's first feat was fighting Cerburumon.

Back