• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

An extremely edgy glass cannon with a pen vs a magic girl with Ribbons.

.... That's not how Mami works.

She's a glass cannon who's best bet is ribbon Powernull and ribbion sheilds, meanwhile, Ambrose can make shadow clones to trick her into trying to ribbon him but it ends up being a clone and he gets slammed from behind by his Puppet, which would definitely kill or cripple her considering she has stinking Town Level Durability.

DMUA said:
.... That's not how Mami works.

She's a glass cannon who's best bet is ribbon Powernull and ribbion sheilds, meanwhile, Ambrose can make shadow clones to trick her into trying to ribbon him but it ends up being a clone and he gets slammed from behind by his Puppet, which would definitely kill or cripple her considering she has stinking Town Level Durability.
I see type 8 on Mami's profile. That makes her glass cannon thing just about worthless to Ambrose (For one shotting purposes). Other hax such as reality warping, absorption make this a pretty laughable stomp.

Oh.

I didn't specify magical girl Mami

wew lad

That doesn't even mean anything.

It's just the fact that her body is Souless, and so long as the soul gem is unharmed she's still totally fine. Frankly it's glorified type 2.

This doesn't account for being beaten into bloody pieces as her regen potency is only Mid, being blown to pieces by an attack strong enough to one shot her several times over in a fashion that would require High-Mid or even Low-High to come back from.

Should this not be considered a stomp, I vote for Mami via intelligence and better arsenal of hax. (And both are glass cannons)

Better arsenal doesn't mean diddly when Ambrose's albeit small arsenal can both create a clone to dupe Mami out while he kills him from behind and Cover the entire field in pitch black shadow so Mami can't see and is left practically helpless. He's also quite smart too, being able to come up with tactics to overcome his opposition.

DMUA said:
Better arsenal doesn't mean diddly when Ambrose's albeit small arsenal can both create a clone to dupe Mami out while he kills him from behind and Cover the entire field in pitch black shadow so Mami can't see and is left practically helpless. He's also quite smart too, being able to come up with tactics to overcome his opposition.
1. Mami has intelligence advantage (look at ratings), so that smartness gets nulled. She has even gone up against haxxed as hell characters, so Ambrose ain't the only one.

2. Mami can sense magic, and Ambrose uses it. So that nulls darkness.

3. I don't see a "duplicating my opponent" on Ambrose's profile. So not sure if you forgot that. Unless you mean something else entirely.

Also, him usually standing in one spot is gonna screw him over as well.

Meaning he makes clones of himself.

Has Mami really used that in combat though?

DMUA said:
Meaning he makes clones of himself.

Has Mami really used that in combat though?
Clones of himself is just gonna be an annoyance.

Don't really see why she wouldn't. (If anyone who's actually knowledgable, provide input on this). Given the darkness situation, I think she would use it.

PineappleGuy Carmine said:
The clone is just an illusion to draw in opponents and for Ambrose to set him up for an advantageous situation.
Would they trick any magic sensing abilities?

Though... Wasn't magic sensing just for locating witches, and not shown to be precise enough to use in a fight?

DMUA said:
Though... Wasn't magic sensing just for locating witches, and not shown to be precise enough to use in a fight?
I think verse equalization takes care of that first part. (Case by case basis, though)

I mean, like, they can get a general area of where the witch is but can't exactly pull a Daredevil and only fight with ESP.

Clones are made of magic and magic users have magic in their bodies. If anything she'd notice a second magical presence identical to the illusion. Unless of course Blackout occurs and the field is covered in magic, concealing the magic on his person.

PineappleGuy Carmine said:
Clones are made of magic and magic users have magic in their bodies. If anything she'd notice a second magical presence identical to the illusion. Unless of course Blackout occurs and the field is covered in magic, concealing the magic on his person.
Alright, gonna have to wait for someone knowledgable to provide input. I will not post anymore replies here until further notice.

Homu Sweet Homu said:
Never mind, I see his profile.

Mami ribbons trap gg.
I have one question. Can Mami ribbon trap multiple people at once?

Nevermind. Saw the profile. Mami FRA. (Both mine and Homu's)

Yes.

Ribbon Traps are really great when you can't see anything.

You... Have not addressed how ribbon Traps help when she's totally blinded.

DMUA said:
You... Have not addressed how ribbon Traps help when she's totally blinded.
Errrm... it happens when one of her clones are destroyed (or when she activates it herself). It really doesn't matter if she can't see or not (I don't see why it would). the thing is seen here at around 4:14, and I don't see why this wouldn't work in the dark.

She also has gun spam. Which could also help. (And that stuff is in the video as well)

Drag-O-Drawgon said:
I don't see why this wouldn't work in the dark.

She also has gun spam. Which could also help. (And that stuff is in the video as well)
It should... But, it would only entangle the phantom, by which case Ambrose could just unsummon it, resummon, punch the real one.

Homu Sweet Homu said:
Cross-city wide sensing.
You mean that thing that gets nulled due to darkness being filled with Magicstuffs?

That's why she can gun spam to eventually hit Ambrose. Given how insane the bullets are shown, its bound to happen eventually.

Firing around randomly isn't going to be a very good method of hitting him at all. It may eventually work given enough time, similarly to Monkeys writing Shakespeare, but it's not going to be effective enough for me to say she'd win more times then Ambrose.

Also, unless Ambrose can do darkness before Mami has a chance to see him. Mami will know exactly where to shoot to hit him.

How does firing with no idea where yours shooting make anything easier?

And if I does why didn't she ever adopt that tactic?

DMUA said:
How does firing with no idea where yours shooting make anything easier?

And if I does why didn't she ever adopt that tactic?
That person was talking about if the phantom makes any sound. Does the phantom make any sound?

Drag-O-Drawgon said:
Also, unless Ambrose can do darkness before Mami has a chance to see him. Mami will know exactly where to shoot to hit him.
She plans on maintaining her sense of direction? Also for Ambrose to not just move a few inches out of the way. He stands around and lets the puppet fight but he's not an idiot.

She plans on maintaining her sense of direction? Also for Ambrose to not just move a few inches out of the way. He stands around and lets the puppet fight but he's not an idiot.

It specifically states on Ambrose's profile that he tends to stand in one spot. Also, she can literally just shoot where she saw him as soon as possible, so sense of direction doesn't really matter much in that regard. Also, you're not answering my question.

Back