• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

An evil fire god fights an incomplete llama

And what basis do you have to claim that this version of Arceus possesses far superior offensive abilities? Maybe in quantity, but not in quality. Do you know who else has a list with far more abilities than Dormammu? Doctor Strange, yet the same character is far below him and usually gets stomped in a straight up fight. Dormammu should be at the high-end of 2-C(Arguably even above) and has much more resources at his disposal than Arceus.

The real cal howard said:
@Gar. You're going a bit too far. Remember that before you came, Arceus was the strongest 2-C (yet another reason I hate Lucemon).
Which has LONG since changed since the arrival of Dracula, Lucemon, Immesurable 2Cs etc.

Plus what he used to be is completely irrelevant

Lord Platinum said:
And what basis do you have to claim that this version of Arceus possesses far superior offensive abilities? Maybe in quantity, but not in quality. Do you know who else has a list with far more abilities than Dormammu? Doctor Strange, yet the same character is far below him and usually gets stomped in a straight up fight. Dormammu should be at the high-end of 2-C(Arguably even above) and has much more resources at his disposal than Arceus.
Dormammu has the brute force advantage but Arceus has the hax advantage

Isn't Dormammu's greatest feat fusing two universes? That's what he got upgraded on.

If that's the case, then it's Arceus who has the AP advantage.

Don't mind me. Just being Fate.

LoyalservantofInti said:
Dormammu has the brute force advantage but Arceus has the hax advantage
So does Doctor Strange, but doesn't stop him from getting stomped by Dormammu. There's also the question of the level of said abilities....It doesn't matter if a character has dozens of powers if they're too weak to effect the opponent or to make a difference in the battle.

Can you please stop comparing two different characters from different verses when it absolutely never works...?

Also Marble Alien has no hax. And also, I don't consider the difference between erasing falling Boulders to erasing a Low 2C (Dorm vs Eternity)

Arceus has created Low 2-Cs as a simple afterthought, and tanked things that can erase them (casually).

I'm trying to not sound biased, but that sounds real upplaying for Dormammu's abilities.
Then why did you put him in this match? If you don't believe his abilities can do what they have been shown to do through feats, why did you make this match?

Isn't Dormammu's greatest feat fusing two universes? That's what he got upgraded on.
If that's the case, then it's Arceus who has the AP advantage.

Don't mind me. Just being Fate.
No.

His greatest feat is probably completely manipulating the Realm of Unknown, which is a dimension composed of at least dozens to hundreds of universes. Dormammu also sustains the Dark Dimension by existing(A pan-dimensional realm) and according to some sources, the place sounds exactly like the realms of some of the Deadric Lords....A dimension made of infinite realities(Albeit outlier to some people).

Then why did you put him in this match? If you don't believe his abilities can do what they have been shown to do through feats, why did you make this match?

I'm talking about comparing the hax indifference of Arceus and Dormammu to Marble Alien and Reinhard, which is blatantly false.

It was either up playing of Dormammu or downplaying of Arceus. So I said the one that sounds less offensive.

Up playing means wanking though....

Up playing would be me saying Dormammu can erase Arceus with a thought.

Downplaying would mean me saying Arceus got killed by a meteor

Loyal said it not me.

I really need to know what you meant by this, I've never seen a comparison this terrible....

How does Reinhard vs Marble Alien compare to this at all?

At this point you're starting to downplay Dormmamu/Overplay Arceus

Okay, so turns out Dormmamu went from Mid Godly to Low Godly, hardly that big of a difference at all in this fight.

Still vote Dormmamu via power stealing, void Manipulation and his regen will still allow him to nullify most of Arceus's abilities.

Voting Dormmamu still

<divclass="quote">ZacharyGrossman273 wrote:
I think bumping is allowed

'Anyhow' 'dormammu' 'doesent' have power drain only strange. </div>

Eh? Dormammu has one-shotted Strange just fine in the past and that was at his weakest incarnation/body:

[1] [2]

And drained him just as easily too(Using only his minions as well):

[3]

There's also Strange himself(And the narrator) recently admitting that a far inferior Dormammu's battle/attacks(Back in the 60s/70s) are barely comprehensible by what his own mind can grasp:

[4]

They're not even in the same ballpark....Just because Strange can defend himself from a few blasts doesn't mean his power is even close to Dormammu's own. Strange may be the SS, but is still only a human sorcerer whereas Dormammu is a Principality itself (The biggest heavy hitters of the mystical sides and are usually guys like Cyttorak, SHuman-Gorath and so on) and the good doctor even calls/invokes his name for more powerful/dangerous spells at the end of day:

[5] [6]

Dormammu has fought and defeated the Vishanti, as well the Trinity of Ashes(Both groups have been canonically established to be astronomically above Strange and are his main source of power).....Strange basically got stomped by Satannish multiple times too, who's nothing more than Dormammu's mere creation. Stephen usually defeats Dormmie by exploring some advantages(Dormammu's ego and oath, items and so on). Heck...The Dread One has given normal humans enough mystical power to stomp the shit out of Strange in two different occasions.

The Doctor Strange movie is a good example to show how big is the gap between the two characters. Strange would basically get killed over and over by Dormammu under normal circumstances and would need to resort to some alternative means to beat the Dread One.

Back