• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Amphibia discussion thread.

Thanks for making this. So, who's seen the full seasons?
Any idea if the shorts or such are canon?

Would these feats be worthy of small building level?
Yeah, that explosion could probably end up 9-B. Might be a good supporting feat if they're already damaged, though. But surface area, lol.

For the 2nd one, are we talking about Sasha slicing through the rock monster? I doubt her attack caused the explosion, so much as the monster being in a slice apart state caused the explosion, & like above, surface area means she'd only scale to a part of the yield if we calc an explosion.
Also, it's ambiguous if it'd scale to her base form; This fight took place in amplified gravity that overpowered even Anne's LS &/or Stamina eventually (Great Stamina feat for the cast, too, surviving that!), so we know it's very strong gravity.
Meaning Sasha likely had a boost from intensified gravity pulling the weight of her & her sword down that much harder through the golem, I'd think.

Shoutouts to earlier in the fight, though where she's able to THROW her weighted training gear across the room to make craters in the wall, though.

Dunno if it's Calc Stacking or such to try & calc the gravity she overcame to be able to release enough KE to throw off her gear like Sasha did, but I'd be interested in the results, personally speaking.

The gravity hindered her rather than help though.
It did, but Gravity still exerts a downwards force pulling you towards the ground, & if gravity is intensified, so is that downward pull. In higher gravity, you weigh more.
Sasha overcame that gravity, even able to jump & lift herself & her equipment (Even without weighted clothing, she has her sword & possibly armor.) in doing so....

But her final blow was cleaving through the golem, downwards, while falling; The intensified gravity meant she was coming down with more weight/force behind her & her sword, since both would be much heavier in that situation.

Put simply, if more gravity makes things heavier, then a sword going donwards in more gravity has more weight/mass, & thus, cleaves that much more powerfully.

Last edited:
It did, but Gravity still exerts a downwards force pulling you towards the ground, & if gravity is intensified, so is that downward pull. In higher gravity, you weigh more.
Sasha overcame that gravity, even able to jump & lift herself & her equipment (Even without weighted clothing, she has her sword & possibly armor.) in doing so....

But her final blow was cleaving through the golem, downwards, while falling; The intensified gravity meant she was coming down with more weight/force behind her & her sword, since both would be much heavier in that situation.

Put simply, if more gravity makes things heavier, then a sword going donwards in more gravity has more weight/mass, & thus, cleaves that much more powerfully.
I guess making her more powerful since she is pretty fine after the feat.

I guess making her more powerful since she is pretty fine after the feat.
Just saying, her AP for that sword swing was only higher because she had super-gravity's help to bring it down through the golem.
Without statements or such, we don't know if she's supposed to be stronger after that battle.
But I'd still argue that making craters in walls by throwing your weighted training gear in super-gravity is a feat worth calculating, if possible.

If we wanna get REALLY screwy, there's a somewhat flimsy case that the girls are WEAKER after their respective temples:

We've seen with Anne that the gem has a power she can tap into, & the gems fueled some of the strongest feats in the series.
But at the completion of each temple, the colour from each girl's eye is drained, & Anne had power because she DIDN'T completely drain her eye's colour into her gem.

But it could be that that power is latent & doesn't affect them when they're not in super modes like Anne's blue form, meaning the draining just means they can't access that form anymore. (Which, AFAIK, they didn't.) As opposed to it meaning their Base or whatever is weakened as a result.

They are stronger during the fight due to the training between S1 and S2. The only downgrades it caused were the feats with the eye flash.

They are stronger during the fight due to the training between S1 and S2. The only downgrades it caused were the feats with the eye flash.
Yeah, they're definitely stronger during the fight with the golem than they were previously, of course. Though I'm still of the opinion that gravity aided Sasha in defeating the golem, even if she was stronger than before; But any calcs or scaling involving that probably need to account for the gravity. Sorry for any bother.
I don't know which feats involved eye flashes, & I don't plan to ACTUALLY argue that they're weaker after the eye colour drain of their respective temples..

Been watching an episode a day. Just finished season 1 last night and am starting season 2 today. Pretty good show, and I can't wait for it to get less episodic.

JVhcJBX.png

If I counted right, that's 59 episodes of filler, & 16 episodes of non-filler. 17 non-filler if you count True Colours as 2 since it's double length compared to other Amphibia episodes.
How does something like that happen?!

Also, where is that image from? It says 2021, but April 2021 has been long since over..... Ah. Reading, the finale was scheduled to air May 1st, but was delayed, then leaked onto iTunes a day after the scheduled premiere before being taken down from iTunes.
Why Disney wanted to delay a perfectly in-tact finale for 3 weeks, I dunno.

I wonder how things are for The Owl House. I keep up with the show, but I haven't looked into its filler ratio. Someone did make a General Discussion thread for that show, too, right?

Well I was waiting for this
1 Okay so in the third temple there is a feat where Sasha pulls a Rock Lee and removes her weight, which create a big crater (this happened while gravity was aumented). Is it possible to calculate how much she lifted based on the crater?
2 Frobo lift a small building possibly around cloud level in a short time. Frobo is one of the strongest character, so it's unclear if this scale to everyone, but I think Andrias should be superior, since he one shotted him and resisted his pull, and Super Anne is probably even stronger than that
3 Polly, a baby and one of the weaker character, survives this
4 Anne survives a factory exploding while outside. However, Frobo arguably survives it while inside (admidetly it's a bit unclear, we only see the factory who was starting to make Frobo, then the factory explodes and Frobo emerges from the rubbles, but I thnk he did survived the explosion, unless we make the argument that he was made after the explosion, which is a bit far fetched). This is important because Andrias one shots him and Super Anne destroys two Frobos with the energy of her jump and six indirectly with the energy of her attack. If we assume that these Frobos are as durable as our Frobo, and thet he actually did survived the explosion, that means that Super Anne can cause that level of power without even trying, and Andrias should scale, since he was able to barely hold his own (I'd say he is possibly on that level)
5 In the intro for Season 3, we see Super Anne hit missiles like they were still. This is an intro, so it's dubius, but it's possible supesonic speed, which could checks since the numerous laser dodging and faster than eyesight attack in the show, and Super Anne casually blitzes them

Actually I think this is mostly incorrect. Wally and Anne introduces the Moss Men, Toad to Redemption the new status quo of Toad Tower, and Hopping Mall, After the RAin are essential for The Plantars history, The Sleepover to end all Sleepover has tons of Lore elements, and I could go on. But no it has actually way less filler than that

How important were the moss men and south tower really?
We have seen the Moss men in the portrait of Andrias in True Colors, and there Is One chained in the basement, so I Guess they are going to turn out important in the future. Same for Toad Tower, it's likely se are going to see more of them in the future

First clip of season 3

On one hand, I'm excited for the new season. On the other hand, I'm worried about.... Well, didn't the SU Fandom have similar issues with "townie" episodes?

Amphibia's arguably had its problems with filler, but now, with King Andrias & the music box in another world, as well as Marcy & I think Sasha, I'm worried we'll get more filler.

Anyway: What region does Anne's neighbourhood look like? Since we see an awning-thingy over a building entrance that says "palm", for a building called "Palm Villas", which on the same sign, says "vacancy", & also has a "do not block gate" (? Text is blurry/distant.), it SEEMS like a predominantly English-speaking area.
But the building style also seems influenced by Spanish/Mexican culture or something? I can see lots of cacti, too.

There's also a picture of Anne visiting the Washington D.C. Monument inside her house, suggesting she is indeed an American citizen; I imagine it's practically a "school rite of passage" for American students to go there, even if it is a very long way away.

Frobo is broken. On one hand, it was broken in the fight in the Amphibia world, & Polly SAYS:

"Don't worry, Frobes, we'll fix you up in no time. Anne's world is full of advanced technology!"
....& then a Furby-thing behind her in the trash short-circuits & partially catches fire.

On one hand, Polly isn't exactly known for being smart, AFAIK. So she's probably an unreliable narrator. But also, most dialogue in fiction has a point, otherwise, the dialogue wouldn't happen, & Amphibia is a lighthearted show, plus, there's the whole "Frobo being a good robot", MAYBE? But the scene also shows us Anne's world MAY not have technology that's up to snuff's with Frobo.... But maybe they can put something together?

Anne's mom cleaning out part of Anne's hair mess feels weird, since IIRC, her hair mess is related to her blue gem powers.

Speaking as someone who prefers dogs to cats, & has little experience caring for cats, Domino is more affectionate greeting a returning family member (Anne.) than I would expect of a cat. Is that normal for cats? Surprising, if so.

& Hop Pop's earing might be out of touch, since he mistakes a sparrow's shriek for Anne's "caw-caw" signal. Maybe he's getting old? That'd be a dreadful theme to bring in. Maybe the garbage (can) muffled the sounds he heard? Or it's just for comedy, lol.

Sorry if I went overboard, for what is barely a 3 minute clip, but y-you know, right? Hype & content starvation.
....Eh, I just like (over)analyzing things.

I've been watching the series through Disney+. I don't have cable and don't plan to get it, and I doubt they're going to release it on Disney+ episode by episode as they come out....

I've been watching the series through Disney+. I don't have cable and don't plan to get it, and I doubt they're going to release it on Disney+ episode by episode as they come out....
Well, they say that's where it will PREMIERE, plus, I doubt they'd just ignore Disney+ given how I've read that it's been very successful.

Although, I suppose I might be concerned if it's slow to come to Disney+, since that could leave you behind compared to people watching it as it airs, in an unusual reversal: Normally, I'd imagine having a whole series on demand would let people get ahead of people who watch the series as it airs, 1 episode a week.

But yeah. Has Disney+ had a history of being slow to bringing recently/newly released content to Disney+?

I don't know, I just got it last month. I assume it works the same way netflix does: waiting for the whole season to air before putting it on the service.

Anyway: What region does Anne's neighbourhood look like? Since we see an awning-thingy over a building entrance that says "palm", for a building called "Palm Villas", which on the same sign, says "vacancy", & also has a "do not block gate" (? Text is blurry/distant.), it SEEMS like a predominantly English-speaking area.
But the building style also seems influenced by Spanish/Mexican culture or something? I can see lots of cacti, too.

There's also a picture of Anne visiting the Washington D.C. Monument inside her house, suggesting she is indeed an American citizen; I imagine it's practically a "school rite of passage" for American students to go there, even if it is a very long way away.
SUDkKUs.png

Back