• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Patrick Bateman vs Ryuuen Kakeru

Rules:
  • Speed equalised.
  • Starting Distance: 5 meters
  • 42 hours prep time.
  • Ryuuen has poisoned Patrick.
  • Patrick has all his equipment and initially starts with his chainsaw.
  • Both are in character but willing to kill.
  • Patrick AP: Street Level with equipment.
  • Ryuuen AP: 12.2 Kilojoules

Patrick’s Advantages:
Weapons.
Better range with guns.

Ryuuen’s Advantages:
AP and LS advantage.
Better H2H.
Patrick's physical ability has been lowered by the poison.

Patrick (0):
Ryuuen (8): @Doggo, @Artorimachi_Meteoraft, @The_Almighty_Wholesome, @DeltaStriker22, @Shyster, @Emirccan, @Idc.violet, @RoggerReggor,
Inconclusive (0):

Last edited:
He hasn't trained in anything so just as skilled as a regular person for all his weapons.
iirc he dropped a chainsaw accurately off a flight of stairs to fall on one of his victims actively trying to get away from him although haven’t seen the movie in a while. This probably pales in comparison to Ryuuen’s skill and experience in combat but thought I’d bring it up.

iirc he dropped a chainsaw accurately off a flight of stairs to fall on one of his victims actively trying to get away from him although haven’t seen the movie in a while.
That's true. His skill is definately above average.
This probably pales in comparison to Ryuuen’s skill and experience in combat but thought I’d bring it up.
Ryuuen hasn't trained in any martial arts either. He developed his own fighting style from the countless street fights he's been in and his fighting style impressed even Ayanokoji so he should definitely be way better than Patrick in h2h.

So, which one are you voting for?

Last edited:
That's true. His skill is definately above average.

Ryuuen hasn't trained in any martial arts either. He developed his own fighting style from the countless street fights he's been in and his fighting style impressed even Ayanokoji so he should definitely be way better than Patrick in h2h.

So, which one are you voting for?
Leaning on Ryuuen but do have a question. Is his experience just in h2h combat or can he disarm Patrick other than slow him down with poison? In other words, is he capable of disarming Patrick before he gets chainsawed into pieces?

Leaning on Ryuuen but do have a question. Is his experience just in h2h combat or can he disarm Patrick other than slow him down with poison? In other words, is he capable of disarming Patrick before he gets chainsawed into pieces?
He hasn't shown any instances of disarming someone.
He does has class 1 LS though. So all he has to do is grab the chainsaw from an angle where it won't be able to cut him and patrick won't be able to budge it.

He hasn't shown any instances of disarming someone.
He does has class 1 LS though. So all he has to do is grab the chainsaw from an angle where it won't be able to cut him and patrick won't be able to budge it.
Yea that’s fair but what are the chances of him doing that before his arms gets sawed off by Patrick? I can see Patrick throwing a chainsaw similarly to how he dropped it on one of his victims accurately or attempting to do a sneak attack on Ryuuen considering he has prep time.

I’m sorta leaning on Ryuuen but just playing devils advocate for the purposes of seeing Patrick’s potential win cons and not knowing much about Ryuuen.

Yea that’s fair but what are the chances of him doing that before his arms gets sawed off by Patrick? I can see Patrick throwing a chainsaw similarly to how he dropped it on one of his victims accurately or attempting to do a sneak attack on Ryuuen considering he has prep time.

I’m sorta leaning on Ryuuen but just playing devils advocate for the purposes of seeing Patrick’s potential win cons and not knowing much about Ryuuen.
That could happen. Ryuuen doesn't have any instinctive action feats so the chances that he might get hit by the chainsaw are there.
Another way Patrick could use his chainsaw is to throw it at Ryuuen as a distraction while he pulls out his gun.

I think the best thing Ryuuen can do here if he can't get close is to grab chairs and start chucking them at Patrick, there is a chance he'll hit himself with his own chainsaw.

That could happen. Ryuuen doesn't have any instinctive action feats so the chances that he might get hit by the chainsaw are there.
Another way Patrick could use his chainsaw is to throw it at Ryuuen as a distraction while he pulls out his gun.

I think the best thing Ryuuen can do here if he can't get close is to grab chairs and start chucking them at Patrick, there is a chance he'll hit himself with his own chainsaw.
Yea that’s fair, didn’t even think of that.

Alright I’ll vote Ryuuen FRA. Plus he’s got class 1 LS so that chair is gonna hurt.

Patrick Bateman vs Ryuuen Kakeru

Rules:
  • Speed equalised.
  • Starting Distance: 5 meters
  • 42 hours prep time.
  • Ryuuen has poisoned Patrick.
  • Patrick has all his equipment and initially starts with his chainsaw.
  • Both are in character but willing to kill.
  • Patrick AP: Street Level with equipment.
  • Ryuuen AP: 12.2 Kilojoules

Patrick’s Advantages:
Weapons.
Better range with guns.

Ryuuen’s Advantages:
AP and LS advantage.
Better H2H.
Patrick's physical ability has been lowered by the poison.

Patrick (0):
Ryuuen (8): @Doggo, @Artorimachi_Meteoraft, @The_Almighty_Wholesome, @DeltaStriker22, @Shyster, @Emirccan, @Idc.violet, @RoggerReggor,
Inconclusive (0):
why the **** patrick is already affected poison? how this even works? im pretty sure this isnt valid at all

why the **** patrick is already affected poison? how this even works? im pretty sure this isnt valid at all
It's Ryuuen's skill with preparation. We don't know what exactly he does but he managed to poison an opposing class when he had prep time before a special exam.
My money is on poisoning their drinks or something.

Besides, the poison didn't really help him. He mostly took the victory with chairs and Class 1 LS.

Back