• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Amai Mask and Lightning Vs Murata

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello

This trial is the Prosecution's effort to make Sweet Mask closer to his WC glory and save him from Murata's writing, maybe an impossible task, but, let's try

Currently, Sweet Mask's rating suck, and i'll go into details in every major stat and rewrite with a better wording and, in some of them, with an upgrade

- Powers and Abilities

He needs an upgrade for his regeneration, currently listed as:

Regeneration (High-Low, healed from Do-S piercing his eye)

However he healed from Fuhrer Ugly's attacks that carved most of his head away and almost ripped him in half, coming back from that is Mid (Since the first one is brain damage)

Suggested Description:

Regeneration (Mid, healed from Fuhrer Ugly punching away part of his head and ripping his torso in half, also healed from having his eye pierced by Do-S)

This user also made a thread for this here

- Speed

This one is actually curious

Amai Mask scales higher than Iaian anyway, that's the current reason for his Massively Hypersonic rating, however current Iaian is High Hypersonic, but is listed as capable of reacting to Homeless Emperor's attacks, which are Massively Hypersonic+....so what should we do here ? Spring Mustachio has the same feat of reacting to FU but is only possibly Massively Hypersonic

What I know is, besides the easier scaling between Amai Mask and some other A Classes like Iaian and Mustachio (It's a given since he still is the strongest A Class), is him being able to react and block Fuhrer Ugly, despite the fact that he himself stated to freeze against this type of monster, Fuhrer who's Massively Hypersonic. Other than that, I see no reason to not consider iaian's feats against the cadres, putting both him and Mustachio at MHS, with Amai Mask scaling higher

Speed: At least Massively Hypersonic (Capable of reacting and blocking Fuhrer Ugly even when frozen by his fear of Ugmons, superior to Iaian and other A Class heroes)

- Durability

Likely the main thing in this revision, is Sweet Mask's feats againt the Cadre, being able to survive even while not capable of defending himself properly. He endured three direct punches without even bleeding, and survived off screen againt likely many more. The 2 previous argument againt SW scaling were FU not being serious against him and him destroying SW later, but this ignores what FU does when he has such chance of fighting against the "good guys", since fun, for Fuhrer Ugly, is all about ripping his enemies apart, and also ignores FU's power up and the fact that Sweet mask is completely defenseless, even more than before, since Black Sperm nuked every chance of him of moving and reacting, while he was able to at least block some attacks previously. However FU couldn't have his fun with Sweet Mask on their first encounter, while wounded and bleeding, he was okay and not missing any body parts, the scaling is clear

He should scale to At least Low 7-B in durability, by enduring quite well a beating from Base Fuhrer Ugly

Durability: At least Small City level (Endured multiple attacks from Fuhrer Ugly)

- Weaknesses

Currently it lists stuff from the Webcomic like " His passionate desire to kill monsters is due to keeping himself on the side of humanity, if he considers humans to be outnumbered and on the weaker side, he will side with mysterious beings in the end" and stuff that was retconned like him killing the hostages, so it should just be removed

- Attack Potency

Saving the best for last

His current AP isn't that bad, but I believe it severely underestimates Fubuki's words about him, let's see the scenario once more:

Fubuki watches the battle between Sonic and Genos and their power, and states Sonic is S Class for sure

She then saw Saitama defeating Sonic

She then states how it's impossible for her to reach both 1st places in S and A Classes, thanks to the presence of Tats and Sweet Mask

At last, she states Saitama can't defeat them

Obviously, she's wrong, but take into consideration what she knows and what she saw at that point in time, about them and about Saitama, that being, someone who's quite strong, and capable of defeating S class level foes like Sonic who's at the level of Genos at that time, on her vision, it goes like this:

Sweet Mask > Saitama > Sonic >= Genos

While it's not as direct as the normal scaling, this is quite easy to see and FAR less comlicated then some other current accepted scalings like the Boros / Orochi thing, I see no reason to hold this scaling back that much to the point of keeping it as just a "Possibly", Fubuki is quite reliable on the heroes, and while she underestimate herself, that's not the case with the others, her view on Sweet Mask and Tatsumaki, in specific, are even more reliable because they are "Number 1s", a position she wants for a long time, she must be aware of how strong they are

Now, to further prove my point, there is a very...non orthodox feat from Sweet Mask that made me surprised when I actually saw it... he was able to harm himself to the point of bleeding, and with a single attack. Now, if you are reading this carefully, you already noticed my move, since as I showed earlier, Fuhrer Ugly couldn't do the same even with three punches

But please, don't misunderstand me, I have no intentions of fully scaling his AP to Low 7-B, if you think it's okay don't hold back in the comments, but my main intention is to show that Tier 7 power isn't something impossible for him and that Fubuki's statements are actually both reliable and accurate, since Sweet Mask can harm himself while his durability is Tier 7. But I do believe that, with the gap between 8-A and Low 7-B being so big, his Tier 8 rating is very unnecessary, and shouldn't stay there, his scaling to Iaian is pretty much for the lack of a better option for him and his other statements (mostly about him being S Class level) fit for Tier 7 aswell (After all, all except King and Zombieman are Tier 7)

My suggestion is:

At least Large Town level (Stronger than Fubuki's first impression of Saitama's power, even after she witnessed him defeating Speed-o'-Sound Sonic. Stronger than all other A Class heroes, including the likes of Iaian), likely higher (Capable of harming himself)

It can be just "At least Low 7-B", it can be "Likely at least Low 7-B", I want to hear other opinions on this

Hello

This trial is the Prosecution's effort to make Sweet Mask closer to his WC glory and save him from Murata's writing, maybe an impossible task, but, let's try

Currently, Sweet Mask's rating suck, and i'll go into details in every major stat and rewrite with a better wording and, in some of them, with an upgrade

- Powers and Abilities

He needs an upgrade for his regeneration, currently listed as:

However he healed from Fuhrer Ugly's attacks that carved most of his head away and almost ripped him in half, coming back from that is Mid (Since the first one is brain damage)

Suggested Description:

This user also made a thread for this here

- Speed

This one is actually curious

Amai Mask scales higher than Iaian anyway, that's the current reason for his Massively Hypersonic rating, however current Iaian is High Hypersonic, but is listed as capable of reacting to Homeless Emperor's attacks, which are Massively Hypersonic+....so what should we do here ? Spring Mustachio has the same feat of reacting to FU but is only possibly Massively Hypersonic

What I know is, besides the easier scaling between Amai Mask and some other A Classes like Iaian and Mustachio (It's a given since he still is the strongest A Class), is him being able to react and block Fuhrer Ugly, despite the fact that he himself stated to freeze against this type of monster, Fuhrer who's Massively Hypersonic. Other than that, I see no reason to not consider iaian's feats against the cadres, putting both him and Mustachio at MHS, with Amai Mask scaling higher

- Durability

Likely the main thing in this revision, is Sweet Mask's feats againt the Cadre, being able to survive even while not capable of defending himself properly. He endured three direct punches without even bleeding, and survived off screen againt likely many more. The 2 previous argument againt SW scaling were FU not being serious against him and him destroying SW later, but this ignores what FU does when he has such chance of fighting against the "good guys", since fun, for Fuhrer Ugly, is all about ripping his enemies apart, and also ignores FU's power up and the fact that Sweet mask is completely defenseless, even more than before, since Black Sperm nuked every chance of him of moving and reacting, while he was able to at least block some attacks previously. However FU couldn't have his fun with Sweet Mask on their first encounter, while wounded and bleeding, he was okay and not missing any body parts, the scaling is clear

He should scale to At least Low 7-B in durability, by enduring quite well a beating from Base Fuhrer Ugly

- Weaknesses

Currently it lists stuff from the Webcomic like " His passionate desire to kill monsters is due to keeping himself on the side of humanity, if he considers humans to be outnumbered and on the weaker side, he will side with mysterious beings in the end" and stuff that was retconned like him killing the hostages, so it should just be removed

- Attack Potency

Saving the best for last

His current AP isn't that bad, but I believe it severely underestimates Fubuki's words about him, let's see the scenario once more:

Fubuki watches the battle between Sonic and Genos and their power, and states Sonic is S Class for sure

She then saw Saitama defeating Sonic

She then states how it's impossible for her to reach both 1st places in S and A Classes, thanks to the presence of Tats and Sweet Mask

At last, she states Saitama can't defeat them

Obviously, she's wrong, but take into consideration what she knows and what she saw at that point in time, about them and about Saitama, that being, someone who's quite strong, and capable of defeating S class level foes like Sonic who's at the level of Genos at that time, on her vision, it goes like this:

Sweet Mask > Saitama > Sonic >= Genos

While it's not as direct as the normal scaling, this is quite easy to see and FAR less comlicated then some other current accepted scalings like the Boros / Orochi thing, I see no reason to hold this scaling back that much to the point of keeping it as just a "Possibly", Fubuki is quite reliable on the heroes, and while she underestimate herself, that's not the case with the others, her view on Sweet Mask and Tatsumaki, in specific, are even more reliable because they are "Number 1s", a position she wants for a long time, she must be aware of how strong they are

Now, to further prove my point, there is a very...non orthodox feat from Sweet Mask that made me surprised when I actually saw it... he was able to harm himself to the point of bleeding, and with a single attack. Now, if you are reading this carefully, you already noticed my move, since as I showed earlier, Fuhrer Ugly couldn't do the same even with three punches

But please, don't misunderstand me, I have no intentions of fully scaling his AP to Low 7-B, if you think it's okay don't hold back in the comments, but my main intention is to show that Tier 7 power isn't something impossible for him and that Fubuki's statements are actually both reliable and accurate, since Sweet Mask can harm himself while his durability is Tier 7. But I do believe that, with the gap between 8-A and Low 7-B being so big, his Tier 8 rating is very unnecessary, and shouldn't stay there, his scaling to Iaian is pretty much for the lack of a better option for him and his other statements (mostly about him being S Class level) fit for Tier 7 aswell (After all, all except King and Zombieman are Tier 7)

My suggestion is:

It can be just "At least Low 7-B", it can be "Likely at least Low 7-B", I want to hear other opinions on this
I agree, but Amai Mast should have a flat out Low 7-B rating.

I mean his AP should scale to his durability correct? He can injure himself, which seems pretty clear to me.

I don't have any opinion on if he should have Low 7-B durability, but whatever his durability is it should scale to his AP.

Amai didn’t immediately regenerate from this and it took him several chapters to come back after Fuhrer Ugly wounded him, so his regeneration should actually be like this:

Regeneration (High-Low normally, healed from Do-S piercing his eye, Mid overtime, eventually healed from Fuhrer Ugly punching away part of his head and ripping his torso in half)

I agree with everything else, although I’m not too sure on scaling him to Small City level considering that he only hurt himself by slamming his face into the ground, so like… not really sure how that’d translate to his own AP.

Amai didn’t immediately regenerate from this and it took him several chapters to come back after Fuhrer Ugly wounded him, so his regeneration should actually be like this:
Overtime would be something not applicable for combat, I think ? Those chapters are around several minutes to hours, and I dunno exactly the "combat timeframe" currently on use
I agree with everything else, although I’m not too sure on scaling him to Small City level considering that he only hurt himself by slamming his face into the ground, so like… not really sure how that’d translate to his own AP.
He would need to slam with enough power to harm himself, and he did it to the point of bleeding, something Base FU couldn't do at first, I'm neutral on if it grants him solid Low 7-B or not, but it sure is further evidence that his power is closer to these levels

I mean, he injured someone (Himself) with whatever level durability with a headbutt. Which is an attack, and attack that harmed himself. That is AP right?

But regardless of it being a headbutt or a punch, that still gives him enough AP to harm himself. Kind of clear to me, I don't see the issue here.

I think scaling his AP to his dura should be alright... unless I'm short circuiting right now and missing something obvious.

I mean, he injured someone (Himself) with whatever level durability with a headbutt. Which is an attack, and attack that harmed himself. That is AP right?

But regardless of it being a headbutt or a punch, that still gives him enough AP to harm himself. Kind of clear to me, I don't see the issue here.

I think scaling his AP to his dura should be alright... unless I'm short circuiting right now and missing something obvious.
No, you're right.

Amai can tank 3 Low 7-B attacks without bleeding, but can cause himself to bleed with his own attack. He has Low 7-B AP and Dura for sure.

Overtime would be something not applicable for combat, I think ? Those chapters are around several minutes to hours, and I dunno exactly the "combat timeframe" currently on use
I mean, Amai’s Mid regen doesn’t seem combat applicable since, y’know, he only regenerated after most of the fighting was over. It took him a significant amount of time to regen, so it should be listed as overtime.

Fair.

I know that. I don't understand what you're trying to accomplish by bringing this up...
like how big is a city in one punch man?because they don't say the size of the citys,and a monster capable of destroing multiples citys is literraly multi-citi level or what?

Spring Mustachio is said to be typically restrained within populated environments

Iaian outspeeds Sweet Mask
I don't think its fair to have him comparable to either just because he has a higher rank (I like Sweet Mask, but the manga version of him ******* sucks)

As for his durability, Fuhrer's attacks seem to be casual, as when he uses a special move on Sweet Mask, it does this to him

Spring Mustachio is said to be typically restrained within populated environments

Iaian outspeeds Sweet Mask
I don't think its fair to have him comparable to either just because he has a higher rank (I like Sweet Mask, but the manga version of him ******* sucks)

As for his durability, Fuhrer's attacks seem to be casual, as when he uses a special move on Sweet Mask, it does this to him
That's been redraw, hasn't it?

I don't know OPM all that much, so I can't comment if this is true.

"The 2 previous argument againt SW scaling were FU not being serious against him and him destroying SW later, but this ignores what FU does when he has such chance of fighting against the "good guys", since fun, for Fuhrer Ugly, is all about ripping his enemies apart, and also ignores FU's power up and the fact that Sweet mask is completely defenseless, even more than before, since Black Sperm nuked every chance of him of moving and reacting, while he was able to at least block some attacks previously."

This is in the OP, is this incorrect?

I don't see how that proves Iaian is faster, we don't see his starting point, he just blocks an attack coming from behind where Amai Mask didn't had both sight of him and motive to be using his full speed at that time

Getting surprised from a blind spot is completely unfair to be used as argument

I already talked about FU on the OP

I don't know OPM all that much, so I can't comment if this is true.

"The 2 previous argument againt SW scaling were FU not being serious against him and him destroying SW later, but this ignores what FU does when he has such chance of fighting against the "good guys", since fun, for Fuhrer Ugly, is all about ripping his enemies apart, and also ignores FU's power up and the fact that Sweet mask is completely defenseless, even more than before, since Black Sperm nuked every chance of him of moving and reacting, while he was able to at least block some attacks previously."

This is in the OP, is this incorrect?
A little mistake of mine, one of the links (the first one) should actually be one page ahead, where FU states he can't get enough of beating pretty people like that (into bits and taking limbs)

Something he obviously would've done before if he had the chance

I don't see how that proves Iaian is faster, we don't see his starting point, he just blocks an attack coming from behind where Amai Mask didn't had both sight of him and motive to be using his full speed at that time
Iaian was moving away from Sweet Mask before deciding to come back, coming back and still having enough time to intercepts him attack

That's been redraw, hasn't it?
That is the redraw

Iaian was moving away from Sweet Mask before deciding to come back, coming back and still having enough time to intercepts him attack
You say as if Sweet Mask was moving the entire time, but he only charges against the hostages later while having a conversation with Do-S, and then we see Iaian, the scene is cut (avoiding a proper timeframe), doesn’t show Iaian's position when he charged (Avoiding we pinpointing his location and distance to Sweet Mask ar that very moment), and if Iaian was already moving while Sweet Mask was still talking, for example, the feat would be reversed to Sweet Mask being faster, but do you see me trying this here ? No, because that whole scene needs an assumption to give someone the upper hand, I don't work with that. It amazes me that there is people that take this as proof of anything

Other than that, I think the multiple statements about Sweet Mask being the Top 1 for A Class are getting ignored here ? As if the HA and other heroes like Fubuki are completely blind. Both Lore and the "feat" are against Sweet Mask not being relative or faster than Iaian

The statement only talks about him being on lower A Class ranks, not that he would be Top 1 or higher, and his restriction is not being able to attack horizontally in populated areas. Which means if he ever fought on ghost areas, he had no restrictions

How that talks about his speed ? And the restriction itself is rather simple, at most nuking one of his special moves, this is nothing related to Sweet Mask being above him in speed

Getting surprised from a blind spot is completely unfair to be used as argument
He was using his amp, going for blood. He seriously wanted to kill the heroes and the monster. There’s absolutely no reason for him to hold back or assume he is. Nothing suggests it and during the scene it’d make 0 sense for him to do this.

We see that Iaian could swing his sword a 180 degree angle before Iaian could move his arm much with his attack, so this literally goes against the idea of Amai just being faster than Iaian.
Iaian wasnt even worried about amai attacking him once they confronted him, if he experienced that he was that much faster than them then he would’ve been a lot calmer than he was

HlPGV6Q.jpg

First we see that he is by himself and no one is in sight,

Then he goes to strike them with his arm, we also know that this motion was him swinging his arm right through them

Then we see that Iaian is right next to him, and has swung his blade a 180 degrees.
Which makes this even more crazy is that started his swing from in front of Amai. Meaning he jumped up, placed his sword in front of Amai, swung 180 degrees all before Amai’s expression could change or before he even realizes what had happened.
What makes this even more crazy is the fact that his HAND was in motion meaning he was going for the strike, yet Iaian moved this crazy distance before amai could move his hand even several inches

Other than that, I think the multiple statements about Sweet Mask being the Top 1 for A Class are getting ignored here ? As if the HA and other heroes like Fubuki are completely blind. Both Lore and the "feat" are against Sweet Mask not being relative or faster than Iaian
We only get a statement from Fubuki and she in herself is just dumb. We literally see them do feats above anything Amai has shown and we have a clear cut example of them being above him.

I don't know where you got so many assumptions, but I'll actually follow my previous reasoning, if the scene can't tell us the precise starting point, then it is useless to prove anything, I'll drop the speed scaling between Amai Mask and Iaian
We only get a statement from Fubuki and she in herself is just dumb. We literally see them do feats above anything Amai has shown and we have a clear cut example of them being above him.
She isn't dumb on how strong the characters that she knows are, she only really underestimates herself. Not only that, but the series has stated multiple times that Amai Mask is what locks Iaian and the other at A Class, a mere "Fubuki is dumb" has nothing on the whole Lore explaining their situation and, of course, the fact that she isn't dumb in the first place.

Amai Mask was shown to tank dragon level attacks, same Amai Mask was shown being capable of harming himself, same Amai Mask was stated to be above early versions of Sonic and Genos. We have...hell, I dunno, multiple characters that are on tiers purely based on scaling and not feats, Tatsumaki has no High 6-A calc (As far as I remember), Boros is scaled to Orochi via statements, the list goes on. Saying they have feats higher than him not only is literally wrong but assumes it is something that completely avoids him from scaling when our whole scaling on the series disagree

Being above in speed is one thing, the other stats are another, but I think I saw a thread about upgrading Iaian ? If his CRT makes him Tier 7 is all the more proof for Amai Mask to scale to the points here, but like I said, with your points, I no longer believe we should scale Amai Mask higher than Iaian in speed

Since this was already supported by staff and the others didn't came up, I'll go ahead and add the changes, they are not big stuff anyway, keeping my word on droping Iaian's scaling in speed

I don't know where you got so many assumptions, but I'll actually follow my previous reasoning, if the scene can't tell us the precise starting point, then it is useless to prove anything, I'll drop the speed scaling between Amai Mask and Iaian
The image itself was the clarify that Iain was no where in sight and right after this he lunges forward to attack. I fail to see why you’re claiming im making “so many assumptions” when all I have done is literally explain whats on panel. You can literally see the things i point out, and if I have to go so far as to put a big red circle over what I’m addressing…
She isn't dumb on how strong the characters that she knows are, she only really underestimates herself. Not only that, but the series has stated multiple times that Amai Mask is what locks Iaian and the other at A Class, a mere "Fubuki is dumb" has nothing on the whole Lore explaining their situation and, of course, the fact that she isn't dumb in the first place.
She clearly is dumb.
If she could possibly analyze someone’s power and determine how strong they truly were she wouldn’t have attacked Saitama in the first place. That goes against any idea that she inherently knows how powerful someone or something is.
We have no idea how much effort she had put into analyzing the Samurai, or if she had a full idea of their power, if any idea at all. There’s also the clear bias people show towards Amai. There is no “lore” that depicts accurately from a none questionable point that Amai>> anything the Samurai will be capable of.
Amai Mask was shown to tank dragon level attacks, same Amai Mask was shown being capable of harming himself, same Amai Mask was stated to be above early versions of Sonic and Genos. We have...hell, I dunno, multiple characters that are on tiers purely based on scaling and not feats, Tatsumaki has no High 6-A calc (As far as I remember), Boros is scaled to Orochi via statements, the list goes on. Saying they have feats higher than him not only is literally wrong but assumes it is something that completely avoids him from scaling when our whole scaling on the series disagree
Took attacks from a normal FU right? I fail to see what this proves. Iaian fought ENW, whats your point?
Being scaled above mid series characters who were at most demon level threats at the time doesnt prove anything at all, what does it have to do with the new questionable scaling which is dragon level?
I don’t have a problem with powerscaling when the chain of power is clearly demonstrated or stated by a clearly valid source of information.
My problem here is that the reason behind it just doesn’t work and should be disregarded to do the validity of it. She’s dumb.
Being above in speed is one thing, the other stats are another, but I think I saw a thread about upgrading Iaian ? If his CRT makes him Tier 7 is all the more proof for Amai Mask to scale to the points here, but like I said, with your points, I no longer believe we should scale Amai Mask higher than Iaian in speed
Ok
Since this was already supported by staff and the others didn't came up, I'll go ahead and add the changes, they are not big stuff anyway, keeping my word on droping Iaian's scaling in speed
Ok

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back