• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

MrKingOfNegativity

Abstract embodiment of being undesirable
VS Battles
Retired
Fulfilling my end of a bargain I made a couple of months ago.

Speed is equalized and the combatants start at fifty meters away. Al is Pre-Schrodinger. Spender is in his first key.

Otherwise SBA.

Alucard: 0

Richard Spender: 0

Inconclusive: 0

So Spender's only wincon is Shadow Chasams, where as Alucard can shoot him, drink him, tear him apart, toss him onto a large sharp object, feed him to his familiars and probably other horrible way to die. I'm not liking Spender's chances.

I'm going to wait for Dargoo to show up again before I start counting anything.

I sort of just realized that Alucard has flight, which kind of hard-counters Spender's Chasms unless he's somehow cocky enough to let himself fall into a pit his opponent makes

Shadow Chasms are EE so they should bypass Alucard's regen. I don't remember Alucard flying alot in battle. Still don't like Spender's chances.

He only ever flew maybe once in the series, and that wasn't during combat.

Spender's EE would do away with all of Alucard's souls at once before he could use them to regen, considering it EE'd the lower half of a spirit.

He doesn't even regen with his souls (hence why it's mentioned on his page that his "soul count immortality" is only a fan theory), so those are a non-factor anyway.

His level of Regenerationn was exactly the same after he'd lost all of his souls and gotten the crap kicked out of him by Anderson wielding the Nail, so that right there is already proof that it doesn't work that way.

@MrKing Tell that to everyone I've seen using that as a primary argument in other matches. I've seen that soul thing taken as fact alot here.

MrKingOfNegativity said:
He doesn't even regen with his souls (hence why it's mentioned on his page that his "soul count immortality" is only a fan theory), so those are a non-factor anyway.
that's what I get for reading fanfics

ApiesDeathbyLazors said:
@MrKing Tell that to everyone I've seen using that as a primary argument in other matches.
I do. Constantly.

I couldn't tell you why everyone still uses that, other than the theory being so deeply ingrained in everyone's head by now that a lot of people just take it as fact at this point. But it's not the truth, and was never stated to be in the series at any point. The most evidence there is to suggest it is Anderson saying "I think I can kill him while he's in Level 0" and Nail Anderson making all the familiars disappear when he stabbed Al in the heart with a blessed bayonet.

Other than that, his regen never changed, to the point that Walter sliced him in half and ripped him apart numerous times and he was perfectly fine afterwards. If his regen had been reliant on the souls he'd consumed, him getting sliced in half while in Level 0 and lacking his familiars would have permanently ended his life.

ApiesDeathbyLazors said:
Shadow Chasms are EE so they should bypass Alucard's regen. I don't remember Alucard flying alot in battle. Still don't like Spender's chances.
Dandyman also used cards to bypass Alucard's regen. He didn't last long after Alucard started treating him like a treat.

The cards Dandyman/Alhambra used had the specific power to negate Regenerationn when embedded in someone.

Although Dandyman's cards weren't capable of permanently erasing Al from existence, so that is still a major false equivalency.

Xtas said:
Dandyman also used cards to bypass Alucard's regen. He didn't last long after Alucard started treating him like a treat.
It's not Spender disabling his regen though.

It's Spender erasing his entire body from existence.

Yeah, if Alucard grabs a ledge and Spender just bisects him he's in big trouble.

Considering Alucard always toys at first, lets people hit him with their best tactic first, this might actually be bad for him.

Doesn't Alucard have precog, so he'd know to not get hit by Chasm?

It's not precognition, he can tell when a person is gonna do something by looking at their body's movement.

That's not what the profile says, either. It says he has 'precognition'.

Regardless... Well, that's good to know.

Back