• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Alucard(Hellsing) Immortality and Vulnerability

Status
Not open for further replies.
Perhaps you understood wrong, or perhaps I misquoted a post. Either way, my answer is still "you made no progress".

You have failed to convince a single individual here. Is it a reliable metric of the accuracy of your argument? Perhaps not. But it is indeed what happened.
probably because everyone is so persistent and biased that most actually skipped on my arguments and proceeded to say that I am wrong without reading them first(A testament to the bias) and the sheer fact of you and other people red herring, dodging questions to which you can't advocate in favor of the soul count and even gaslighting to believe that despite Hirano saying the contents and events of the novel taking place in the manga with a deviation of the ending and Dracula's fate, you have an issue that the novel cannot be used to substantiate feats and interpretations of the dialogues and statements
I assure you, the feeling is mutual. Which is why I'd rather get this done and move on.
agreed.

even gaslighting to believe that despite Hirano saying the contents and events of the novel taking place in the manga with a deviation of the ending and Dracula's fate, you have an issue that the novel cannot be used to substantiate feats and interpretations of the dialogues and statements
Really? Using "gaslighting"? In this context? Come on man.

And it's pretty ironic that you're accusing us of this when, in the very example you provided, Hirano said that Hellsing isn't a sequel to Bram Stoker's Dracula, which is what you've ardently attempted to argue for during a good chunk of the thread. What with accepting everything in the novel as canon even when there's several things that are contradicted and headcanon-ing your way to explaining those, as well.

Really? Using "gaslighting"? In this context? Come on man.

And it's pretty ironic that you're accusing us of this when, in the very example you provided, Hirano said that Hellsing isn't a sequel to Bram Stoker's Dracula, which is what you've ardently attempted to argue for during a good chunk of the thread. What with accepting everything in the novel as canon even when there's several things that are contradicted and headcanon-ing your way to explaining those, as well.
You do realize Hirano was trying to say that the manga is not an official sequel from a novel perspective right? Why else do you think he says the events of the novel took place in the manga? How did you not comprehend that? Now that's gaslighting

And I like how you say that there are multiple contradictions( which I refuted with the other reaper guy) and call my explanations 'headcanons' when the manga even substantiates it.
You have done nothing but red herring, dodging, and gaslighting to advocate for a damn fan theory. To which you could(you probably dodged it yet again) not address why my interpretation of the major's statement on Walter's chances being 0 after Alucard absorbs the blood of London is wrong and hell you even gave a headcanon that if Alucard wants to be slain by a human, he would release level 0 on that one guy and cause severe mass environmental destruction as a by-product of it( Which is something the organization is against in which he is in servitude with is against their job is to protect UK and not let their trump card destroy some of its cities so he can be slain by a human). Hypocrisy.

As for random-helper, you didn't address on why The cheddar priest didn't use a soul to regenerate after being impaled by Alucard.

Last edited:
I'm surprised that random-helper didn't even address my interpretation because he used those character statements to advocate for the soul count but maybe you didn't respond because of the others addressing it already inadvertently on your behalf.

I love how everyone says I'm wrong here but internally denies to address certain feats and statements that go against what they are advocating for without red herring.

You do realize Hirano was trying to say that the manga is not an official sequel from a novel perspective right? Why else do you think he says the events of the novel took place in the manga
Yes, congratulations, you've understood my point. Hellsing is as much of a sequel to Dracula as the ******* Great Mouse Detective is a sequel to the Sherlock Holmes books.
How did you not comprehend that? Now that's gaslighting
I love how everyone says I'm wrong here but internally denies to address certain feats and statements that go against what they are advocating for without red herring.
you-keep-using-that-word-i-do-not-think-it-means-what-you-think-it-means.jpg

As for random-helper, you didn't address on why The cheddar priest didn't use a soul to regenerate after being impaled by Alucard.
I addressed it repeatedly. The priest's ghouls had already been destroyed, he didn't absorb them in the first place, and there's no evidence he possessed Alucard's level of regeneration or any other such abilities in the first place.

I'm surprised that random-helper didn't even address my interpretation because he used those character statements to advocate for the soul count but maybe you didn't respond because of the others addressing it already inadvertently on your behalf.
I don't give two ***** about the soul count. I don't even like the ******* thing because I see it as a weakness rather than a strength. Doesn't change the fact that the statements clearly demonstrate it.

Yes, congratulations, you've understood my point. Hellsing is as much of a sequel to Dracula as the ******* Great Mouse Detective is a sequel to the Sherlock Holmes books.
What was your point then? I always knew that Hellsing was not an official sequel to the novel. I knew that Hirano used the novel as a prequel to the manga.
Am I tho? There are multiple accounts of you red herring(like some of the times you could not explain what's displayed so you relied on statements that did not answer my question) and you did attempt to gaslight the fact that the novel statements are not supposed to be used despite the fact that Hirano stated on what happened novel has happened in the manga.

I addressed it repeatedly. The priest's ghouls had already been destroyed, he didn't absorb them in the first place, and there's no evidence he possessed Alucard's level of regeneration or any other such abilities in the first place.
Did I not respond to you that vampires have the ability to turn people into ghouls without absorbing them as a soul like how Alucard turned Seras into a vampire without absorbing her or like how Dracula turned Mina Harker, The 3 brides, and Renfield into a vampire without absorbing them.
And the soul count applies to all vampires, There is no evidence that it is exclusive to Alucard. Didn't integra say that the blood is the currency of the soul and when one drinks it, they barter a soul? So it does apply to all vampires as evidenced in the franchise.
Now I like to hear on what you have to say for this.

I don't give two ***** about the soul count. I don't even like the ******* thing because I see it as a weakness rather than a strength. Doesn't change the fact that the statements clearly demonstrate it.
If the manga did indeed suggest that he used souls to regen without contradictions, I would have believed it. Ever since I first saw Hellsing Ultimate, not once I got the idea that Alucard used souls to regen or ever comprehended any dialogue implying that. And I'm not trying to say that my perceptions are absolute but I am trying to say that the souls and regen are a loose connection.

Did I not respond to you that vampires have the ability to turn people into ghouls without absorbing them as a soul like how Alucard turned Seras into a vampire without absorbing her or like how Dracula turned Mina Harker, The 3 brides, and Renfield into a vampire without absorbing them.
And the soul count applies to all vampires, There is no evidence that it is exclusive to Alucard. Didn't integra say that the blood is the currency of the soul and when one drinks it, they barter a soul? So it does apply to all vampires as evidenced in the franchise.
Now I like to hear on what you have to say for this.
Except only Alucard demonstrates the ability to absorb people and only he has that level of regeneration. And there's still no proof he'll die if stabbed in the heart with a holy weapon.
If the manga did indeed suggest that he used souls to regen without contradictions, I would have believed it. Ever since I first saw Hellsing Ultimate, not once I got the idea that Alucard used souls to regen or ever comprehended any dialogue implying that.
I don't like the idea of a regeneration that can only work a certain number of times. And yet the statements from the Major clearly tell us that the destruction of his souls makes him vulnerable, and that vulnerability clearly ends when he absorbs all the blood.
And I'm not trying to say that my perceptions are absolute
I don't know if it's your intention, but you've pretty much been acting as if your perception was absolute this entire time. You've made an interpretation and rather than proving it you've told everyone that they have to disprove it or it's automatically true, and when evidence contradicting it was brought up you still stuck to that idea.
but I am trying to say that the souls and regen are a loose connection.
Not when Alucard specifically says that Walter needs to kill him thousands more times. And I say this as someone who'd like Alucard to just have that regeneration without a limited number of times. Even without the soul count, you'd still need to go the extra step and prove a holy weapon in the heart is an instant kill no matter what.

Last edited:
Except only Alucard demonstrates the ability to absorb people and only he has that level of regeneration. And there's still no proof he'll die if stabbed in the heart with a holy weapon.
Wow, now you are disregarding character statements. You are insinuating that only Alucard has the ability to absorb people and only has that high of a potent regen even tho Integra stated that the ability applies to all vampires. Hypocritical if you ask me.
If his heart was damaged by a bayonet and left him in such a state of seemingly near-death that conventional weaponry couldn't display the same effectiveness, imagine if it was destroyed or pierced by the bayonet completely. He would be dead. Be open-minded and think about that.
I don't like the idea of a regeneration that can only work a certain number of times. And yet the statements from the Major clearly tell us that the destruction of his souls makes him vulnerable, and that vulnerability clearly ends when he absorbs all the blood.
The Major never said that directly. I addressed his metaphor of the 'castle' which refers to the souls as his soldiers of his kingdom and nothing more than pawns to which Abraham Van Helsing used the same metaphor for his servants( which were not absorbed as souls). So that's confirmed, go ahead to refute that.
I don't know if it's your intention, but you've pretty much been acting as if your perception was absolute this entire time. You've made an interpretation and rather than proving it you've told everyone that they have to disprove it or it's automatically true, and when evidence contradicting it was brought up you still stuck to that idea.
There were several instances that contradict and refute the soul count like when Dracula did not regenerate and retaliate despite having a multitude of souls to use, Alucard not using a soul to bypass regen negation(Monster of God Anderson bypassed the Jackal's regen negation, and don't bother to say that mercury damages his cells when his body doesn't work like a normal human since he stated it was of biotechnology that is beyond nanotechnology. So that point counts. So if MOG Anderson can negate regen but not Alucard using spectral entities to bypass regen sounds dubious and preposterous), Arthur Hellsing saying that regen is not what makes vampires invincible, Vlad regenerating his head off-screen after drinking the blood in defiance to God even when he had no souls, Alucard regenerating his head after being decapitated by Monster of God Anderson even when he had no souls.
All of this contradicts the soul-based regen and you still stick to the interpretation of the use of souls to regen that contradicts what's shown? And you reject the idea that interpretation where the major said Walter had no chance of beating Alucard when he started absorbing the blood of London because Blood empowers him(Affirmed by the novel itself and didn't bother to say the novel shouldn't be used as a source because, at this logic, the DMC novels shouldn't be used to scale Dante despite it's canonicity to the games), even more, considering the fact of the number of kilogallons of blood he was absorbing making him, even more stronger than ever and this interpretation cancels out all the contradictions and coincides together sensibly. And you still haven't provided a refutation for it.
Not when Alucard specifically says that Walter needs to kill him thousands more times. And I say this as someone who'd like Alucard to just have that regeneration without a limited number of times. Even without the soul count, you'd still need to go the extra step and prove a holy weapon in the heart is an instant kill no matter what.
again, with the interpretation above, It's more of Alucard saying to keep trying even more and you will still fail and never beat me. He even stated in the next line that if Anderson could not beat him(When Alucard had no souls) then how could Walter himself can beat him?

If his heart was damaged by a bayonet and left him in such a state of seemingly near-death that conventional weaponry couldn't display the same effectiveness, imagine if it was destroyed or pierced by the bayonet completely. He would be dead.
Prove it.
Be open-minded and think about that.
I can think about it til the sky falls. We can speculate on it til we go insane. Prove it would kill him. Not speculation, not thoughts. Prove that the blow would be fatal.
The Major never said that directly. I addressed his metaphor of the 'castle' which refers to the souls as his soldiers of his kingdom and nothing more than pawns to which Abraham Van Helsing used the same metaphor for his servants( which were not absorbed as souls). So that's confirmed, go ahead to refute that.
The Major repeatedly says that Alucard has thousands of lives, and Alucard says, right after Walter slices him in half, that he should keep killing, he only has thousands more to go.
There were several instances that contradict and refute the soul count like when Dracula did not regenerate and retaliate despite having a multitude of souls to use
Insufficient information.
Alucard not using a soul to bypass regen negation
Having better regeneration isn't an automatic counter to regeneration negation.
(Monster of God Anderson bypassed the Jackal's regen negation, and don't bother to say that mercury damages his cells when his body doesn't work like a normal human since he stated it was of biotechnology that is beyond nanotechnology. So that point counts.
Irrelevant to the fact that the only verifiable ingredient contained in the Jackal but not the Casull is mercury. Waffling about Anderson being a regenerator is irrelevant.
Arthur Hellsing saying that regen is not what makes vampires invincible
Irrelevant.
Vlad regenerating his head off-screen after drinking the blood in defiance to God even when he had no souls, Alucard regenerating his head after being decapitated by Monster of God Anderson even when he had no souls.
Implying that only a strike to the heart while he has no souls will kill him. He survived holy bayonets to the heart while he had souls, and was seemingly going to be killed when a pipe was going to be rammed into his heart when he had no souls.
All of this contradicts the soul-based regen and you still stick to the interpretation of the use of souls to regen that contradicts what's shown?
Don't care about the soul count... Prove the holy weapon weakness...
And you reject the idea that interpretation where the major said Walter had no chance of beating Alucard when he started absorbing the blood of London because Blood empowers him
Right after Walter slices Alucard in half and Alucard says to keep killing, he's only got thousands to go.
(Affirmed by the novel itself and didn't bother to say the novel shouldn't be used as a source because, at this logic, the DMC novels shouldn't be used to scale Dante despite it's canonicity to the games)
The Stoker novel is written nearly a century prior and is its own entirely seperate canon, which Hellsing feeds upon. However, when the two stories conflict the manga takes priority. The DMC and GOW extra material is the opposite; written to be canon to the main series, and confirmed canon by the devs. That makes the DMC and GOW extra material just another entry in the series, same as any other. Stoker's novel on the other hand is an e tiredly seperate continuity in a sense, and the events and natures in the stories conflict.
even more, considering the fact of the number of kilogallons of blood he was absorbing making him, even more stronger than ever and this interpretation cancels out all the contradictions and coincides together sensibly. And you still haven't provided a refutation for it.
This is the issue. You haven't provided a solid reason to use that interpretation over the existing one. The existing one lines up exactly with Alucard's statements, whereas this new interpretation of yours just lines up conveniently with your predetermined conclusion that Alucard will always die to holy weapons, a claim you have yet to substantiate outside of trying to stretch the small issues he had with them early on.

Look, I'm going to level with you. You're arguing for two seperate things at the same time. You're arguing against the soul count regeneration, and simultaneously arguing that a holy weapon in the heart will always kill Alucard.

For the soul count, you're pitting a lot of vague information against the statements from Alucard and the Major. Basically, you're trying to argue that there's insufficient proof of the soul count regeneration.

The real problem comes in the second part. In order to argue that a holy weapon in the heart is a guaranteed kill at all times, you've pointed to a vague case of him recovering slower against Anderson, a case in which he did not die, in which Anderson admitted he couldn't kill him, and are attempting to stretch it to say he would have died if Anderson had stabbed him a few more times, essentially. This is a positive claim, meaning you have to provide some evidence that such a thing would be fatal. Instead you are telling us that this interpretation is true because we can't 100% disprove it, even though we arguably can given that Alucard did take at least a few bayonets to the heart. So you've then stretched it to say that because he didn't get his heart destroyed with a holy weapon, that such a thing would therefore kill him. And you insist that it's correct, literally unless we can prove a negative.

I should also let you know, given that you're talking about bias and whatnot, if you want to convince people to change their minds, you need a certain degree of patience and understanding of the person in question. Your accusations and insults are only going to make people defensive, which will only make them less likely to try to reach an understanding.

Prove it.
If that ONE bayonet damaged his heart and left him in such a state but conventional weaponry couldn't display the same, then holy weapons are his weakness and are fatal considering how he seemed to be on the verge of death and hell, even Vlad stated to Anderson to pierce his heart in the final battle. And I did address that he doesn't use souls to regen as substantiated during the fight with Abraham Van Helsing.
I can think about it til the sky falls. We can speculate on it til we go insane. Prove it would kill him. Not speculation, not thoughts. Prove that the blow would be fatal.
mentioned above^^^
The Major repeatedly says that Alucard has thousands of lives, and Alucard says, right after Walter slices him in half, that he should keep killing, he only has thousands more to go.
He never said that unless you send a scan of it. And I interpreted Alucard saying that differently and you don't even try to point out the flaws. If you really want to win over an argument, at least do the basic where you point out the flaws in what I say with factual info relating to feats and not say it's 'speculation' or 'baseless assumptions'
Insufficient information.
you really shamelessly deflected something you couldn't answer by saying there was insufficient information. Hell I'll prove that you couldn't answer it like how when I asked this before you deflected it by asking another question and then you'll answer mine first(to which you never got to my question and repeated with yours down the road)
I don't know what is insufficient for you there. We see Abraham Van Helsing sending a stake down his heart and him reciting a bible verse. then a dialogue between the two and finally, Abraham Van Helsing drives the stake further and Dracula closes his eyes( Hinting that he could put down and he did not regenerate). So please tell me what is 'insufficient' about this.
Having better regeneration isn't an automatic counter to regeneration negation.
It actually is. Like how MOG Anderson bypassed the Jackal's powers. Hell, vs-battle Wiki even stated in their nullifications page that "-this is generally limited by the strongest level of regeneration and the types of immortality that the ability has nullified, and an ability may be limited to just immortality or just regeneration. Killing a character through means they can't survive even with their immortality doesn't count; killing someone who can regenerate from just a soul can just as easily be Soul Manipulation, depending on the context."
There you have it, even vs-battle Wiki even sides with me here. Regen with higher potency can bypass certain regen negation. Also, your logic insinuates that Dandy man's card can negate high-godly regen.
Irrelevant to the fact that the only verifiable ingredient contained in the Jackal but not the Casull is mercury. Waffling about Anderson being a regenerator is irrelevant.
Mercury in the Jackal is what makes the rounds of the gun explosive. Mercury is used as an explosive device trigger for detonators. And wow, you are now claiming that my saying that Anderson is a regenerator is 'irrelevant'? How? wtf
Irrelevant.
Yeah. This is how you can tell a person is getting desperate to win and not be the butt of the argument when they illogically say things are irrelevant for God knows what reason without explaining why. How can you ask me to not insult you when you are stimulating me to? It's hard not to say anything when people act illogical and dense.
Implying that only a strike to the heart while he has no souls will kill him. He survived holy bayonets to the heart while he had souls, and was seemingly going to be killed when a pipe was going to be rammed into his heart when he had no souls.
Where was he 'seemingly' to be killed when a pipe was going to be rammed into his heart? He cast an illusion on Walter. And Alucard even survived with a bayonet in his heart halfway when he had no souls so that refutes the idea Alucard survived getting his heart damaged by the bayonets because he had souls.
Don't care about the soul count... Prove the holy weapon weakness...
As mentioned above.
Right after Walter slices Alucard in half and Alucard says to keep killing, he's only got thousands to go.
Bare minimum my child, point the flaws in my interpretation and refute why it is despite coinciding sensibly with what is displayed. It's the least you could do.
The Stoker novel is written nearly a century prior and is its own entirely seperate canon, which Hellsing feeds upon. However, when the two stories conflict the manga takes priority. The DMC and GOW extra material is the opposite; written to be canon to the main series, and confirmed canon by the devs. That makes the DMC and GOW extra material just another entry in the series, same as any other. Stoker's novel on the other hand is an e tiredly seperate continuity in a sense, and the events and natures in the stories conflict.
Didn't Hirano say that the events of the novel did in fact take place in the manga with only a necessary deviation in the ending and Dracula's fate to start the manga? Implying that 97% of the novel is canon to the manga? Without that one deviation, the manga is a product of plotholes. You and everyone talk as if there are 10s of deviations that aren't and there is like just 2 at max and with these 2 y'all act as if both universe's physics and science in general work differently.
This is the issue. You haven't provided a solid reason to use that interpretation over the existing one. The existing one lines up exactly with Alucard's statements, whereas this new interpretation of yours just lines up conveniently with your predetermined conclusion that Alucard will always die to holy weapons, a claim you have yet to substantiate outside of trying to stretch the small issues he had with them early on.
Dear Christ. I did have provided a solid reason, why did my interpretation coincide with what's displayed sensibly?
Look, I'm going to level with you. You're arguing for two seperate things at the same time. You're arguing against the soul count regeneration, and simultaneously arguing that a holy weapon in the heart will always kill Alucard.

For the soul count, you're pitting a lot of vague information against the statements from Alucard and the Major. Basically, you're trying to argue that there's insufficient proof of the soul count regeneration.

The real problem comes in the second part. In order to argue that a holy weapon in the heart is a guaranteed kill at all times, you've pointed to a vague case of him recovering slower against Anderson, a case in which he did not die, in which Anderson admitted he couldn't kill him, and are attempting to stretch it to say he would have died if Anderson had stabbed him a few more times, essentially. This is a positive claim, meaning you have to provide some evidence that such a thing would be fatal. Instead you are telling us that this interpretation is true because we can't 100% disprove it, even though we arguably can given that Alucard did take at least a few bayonets to the heart. So you've then stretched it to say that because he didn't get his heart destroyed with a holy weapon, that such a thing would therefore kill him. And you insist that it's correct, literally unless we can prove a negative.

I should also let you know, given that you're talking about bias and whatnot, if you want to convince people to change their minds, you need a certain degree of patience and understanding of the person in question. Your accusations and insults are only going to make people defensive, which will only make them less likely to try to reach an understanding.
I don't insult or poke people for no reason. When there are times when people act ignorant, illogical in debating, it's hard not to express your frustrations.

If that ONE bayonet damaged his heart and left him in such a state but conventional weaponry couldn't display the same, then holy weapons are his weakness
Sure, he can be somewhat affected by holy weapons.
and are fatal considering how he seemed to be on the verge of death
This is just a stretch, I'm sorry.
and hell even Vlad stated to Anderson to pierce his heart in the final battle. And I did address that he doesn't use souls to regen as substantiated during the fight with Abraham Van Helsing
I already said, we don't know what else was done to him prior, and we don't know if he had the same abilities to the same extent back then.
He never said that unless you send a scan of it.
So now you're saying that we're all lying about the official translation? I could upload a scan, but it isn't necessary that I upload something to the Wiki just to appease you when all you'll do is claim the official translation is wrong anyway.
And I interpreted Alucard saying that differently and you don't even try to point out the flaws
You used a fan translation and dismissed Alucard's literal wording, which was that Walter should keep killing, he only has thousands to go. And the Major literally says in my quoted posts above "how many lives does he have now".
. If you really want to win over an argument, at least do the basic where you point out the flaws in what I say with factual info relating to feats and not say it's 'speculation' or 'baseless assumptions'
The flaw is that your entire interpretation has no basis.
you really shamelessly deflected something you couldn't answer by saying there was insufficient information. Hell I'll prove that you couldn't answer it like how when I asked this before you deflected it by asking another question and then you'll answer mine first(to which you never got to my question and repeated with yours down the road)
I don't know what is insufficient for you there. We see Abraham Van Helsing sending a stake down his heart and him reciting a bible verse. then a dialogue between the two and finally, Abraham Van Helsing drives the stake further and Dracula closes his eyes( Hinting that he could put down and he did not regenerate). So please tell me what is 'insufficient' about this.
Because we don't know all that happened before and after or if Alucard had those abilities yet. Even the scene you reference includes him not dying from a stake in the heart.
It actually is. Like how MOG Anderson bypassed the Jackal's powers. Hell, vs-battle Wiki even stated in their nullifications page that "-this is generally limited by the strongest level of regeneration and the types of immortality that the ability has nullified, and an ability may be limited to just immortality or just regeneration. Killing a character through means they can't survive even with their immortality doesn't count; killing someone who can regenerate from just a soul can just as easily be Soul Manipulation, depending on the context."
There you have it, even vs-battle Wiki even sides with me here. Regen with higher potency can bypass certain regen negation. Also, your logic insinuates that Dandy man's card can negate high-godly regen.
It means that Tubalcain can slow down Pre-Schrodinger Alucard's regeneration. And the soul count or lack thereof means nothing. We know Alucard can regenerate from a mass of gunk with his souls, and we know that Tubalcain can slow that down. The soul count literally doesn't change that outcome. On a related note, Alucard regenerated just fine when the Jackal exploded in his hand.
Yeah. This is how you can tell a person is getting desperate to win and not be the butt of the argument when they illogically say things are irrelevant for God knows what reason without explaining why.
If you think I have any reason to be desperate over this thread, you need your brain examined.
How can you ask me to not insult you when you are stimulating me to? It's hard not to say anything when people act illogical and dense.
Funnily enough, I didn't get upset and I didn't ask you not to insult me. I simply told you what you're doing for yourself by behaving that way.
Where was he 'seemingly' to be killed when a pipe was going to be rammed into his heart? He cast an illusion on Walter.
Walter who has been part of the organisation for 55 years and has spent that whole time plotting to kill Alucard certainly thought that the pipe would kill him.
And Alucard even survived with a bayonet in his heart halfway when he had no souls so that refutes the idea Alucard survived getting his heart damaged by the bayonets because he had souls.
Seras stopped the bayonet reaching his heart. And even if you did point out issues with the soul numbers regeneration, it still wouldn't prove the extremely ill-defined means of killing him you keep advocating for.
Bare minimum my child, point the flaws in my interpretation and refute why it is despite coinciding sensibly with what is displayed. It's the least you could do.
Your interpretation clashes with what Alucard said. Keep killing, he said, you've only got thousands to go.
Didn't Hirano say that the events of the novel did in fact take place in the manga with only a necessary deviation in the ending and Dracula's fate to start the manga? Implying that 97% of the novel is canon to the manga? Without that one deviation, the manga is a product of plotholes. You and everyone talk as if there are 10s of deviations that aren't and there is like just 2 at max and with these 2 y'all act as if both universe's physics and science in general work differently.
Crabwhale already listed a fair few. And it seems silly to disregard the fact that the very deviation that allows Hellsing to exist is that Alucard didn't die when Abraham staked him.

Last edited:
I disagree with the OP. The entire thing is going in circles, conflicts with Alucard's statements, keeps being revised to the point where it practically conflicts with itself, and is all based on a very literal headcanon that Alucard will always die if a (highly powerful?) holy weapon pierces (completely destroys?) his heart. It's a mess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back