• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Alucard (Castlevania Netflix) vs Ruby Rose

Well I've finally caught up with RWBY, that last season was something there. Figured might as well try this idea

Plot: Ruby has heard tales that under Beacon Academy lays a coffin containing a powerful warrior, after sneaking out at night and navigating herself past countless traps she comes across the coffin. Which bursts open to reveal a man clad in black with a sword and shield. Before Ruby can even question the man, he narrows his eyes and lunges!

Speed is equal. Season 4 Alucard is being used vs Beacon Ruby. SBA otherwise

Floating Vampire Jesus: 0

Red Like Roses: 1

Incon: 0

Last edited:
I feel like Beacon Ruby is simply too naive against a far more hardened combatant like Alucard- but at the same time she has 3.4 Tons of TnT vs Alucard's 1, still, his Sword Telekinesis is quite useful, I don't think Ruby has fought a Familiar type ability at this point in time so it would throw her for a loop. Idk

hm i don't know what does he start Alucard with?
and in terms of experience he is far superior to Ruby

Alucard likely starts with using TK with his sword and trying to close the gap to engage with Ruby and make her focus between two things, on the topic of blitzing Alucard that might be an issue. He himself has blitzed people before with his movements like with Trevor here (He was sandbagging during this fight iirc yet he was nearly able to take him down there) and also against the giant monster as shown here. I don't deny that Ruby can do the same here but Alucard might wise up

Pain
He himself has blitzed people before with his movements like with Trevor here (He was sandbagging during this fight iirc yet he was nearly able to take him down there)
Isn’t that just the teleportation ability of the Alucard sword tho? Like, that’s what it does in SotN so I would assume it’d be a direct reference here

Also, Alucard has actual Hand to Hand, one of Ruby’s confirmed weaknesses at the time, so while she’s distracted defending with the sword Alucard can throw hands

Isn’t that just the teleportation ability of the Alucard sword tho? Like, that’s what it does in SotN so I would assume it’d be a direct reference here
Its likely due to Alucard's vampire heritage and not a teleport ability, even then he's able to take opponents by surprise like with that giant monster and Trevor. Other times he's not been able to such as with Dracula fighting him or in Season 4 when he duked out with basically a small army. Besides assuming he's afraid of being blitzed he can just idk rotate the blade around him I guess. Alucard does often do hand to hand combat in earlier seasons, he doesn't do it as often in 4 due to him toting a shield but he can certainly lay an unarmed smackdown on people for sure

Ruby is kinda screwed at this point in the series if she gets disarmed in combat but on that note that's something she herself knows so I doubt she'll let that happen easily or expose that fact through standard combat, Ruby does have the AP advantage here and could potentially break his shield

Yeah she has been training ever sense she was a kid by qrow so she shouldn't be taken lightly

She was so skilled that ozpin who has 100's of years of experience saw that she was skilled enough to enter becon despite being 2 years younger then she should be to join also she helped beat that team in the tournament alongside her team and even came up with a plan to take down the nevermore

Also
disarming Ruby implies that Alucard has the lifting strength to remove her weapon from her hands, he has Class 1 lifting strength to her class K basically makeing disarming her super unlikely

Yeah she has been training ever sense she was a kid by qrow so she shouldn't be taken lightly

She was so skilled that ozpin who has 100's of years of experience saw that she was skilled enough to enter becon despite being 2 years younger then she should be to join also she helped beat that team in the tournament alongside her team and even came up with a plan to take down the nevermore
yep I'm thinking of voting Ms. Rose on this one, the arguement of her being disarmed is kinda killed as well seeing as she has much much higher lifting strength compared to Alucard to the point if anything she can disarm him

Also
disarming Ruby implies that Alucard has the lifting strength to remove her weapon from her hands, he has Class 1 lifting strength to her class K basically makeing disarming her super unlikely
BRUH I see we're on the same page

"Also, Alucard has actual Hand to Hand, one of Ruby’s confirmed weaknesses at the time, so while she’s distracted defending with the sword Alucard can throw hands"

Ruby's weakness isnt opponents who utilize hand to hand combat, its just that she's less capable without her weapon. She's fought and beaten opponents who use strictly h2h combat before with her weapon

"Also, Alucard has actual Hand to Hand, one of Ruby’s confirmed weaknesses at the time, so while she’s distracted defending with the sword Alucard can throw hands"

Ruby's weakness isnt opponents who utilize hand to hand combat, its just that she's less capable without her weapon. She's fought and beaten opponents who use strictly h2h combat before with her weapon
That is a very important distinction to be made as well, nothing hinders Ruby in the slightest when it comes to fighting an opponent who utilizes hand to hand combat, she's only at a disadvantage when she herself has to rely on hand to hand when disarmed which is more likely than not not happening in this fight my any means

I mean shouldn’t season 4 Alucard beat Ruby?
Not at all, what makes that a given? Ruby is looking to having the best chances in this fight. There is no blitzing because it's speed equalized so logically both of them would still have equal speed even with their fastest speeds. Ruby has lifting strength that might as well be immeasurably higher than Alucard and thus cannot be disarmed and could actually easily disarm Alucard. Ruby also has the AP advantage and could more likely than not completely break his shield with her attacks. They're both hardened warriors with years of experience and have extremely gifted intelligence Ruby especially when it comes to combat and combat analysis. Her Range is far more than that of Alucards and she passively utilizes her Aura for even stronger attacks and defense. Ruby just had a much higher win chance here and more versatility in her options.

Back