• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

All-purpose request thread - 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for helping out.

I handled the renaming, and the redirection links.

They're both equally canon tho

I mean, the category itself is defined as "Characters that are not part of the regular continuity of a certain franchise.", which is the reason Superman (Kingdom Come) has that category. So I see no reason why they wouldn't have it.

Dragon Ball Super and Chou are both equally canon in this case though, given that the latter is written by Toriyama and the former is the most prominent. There is no main continuity of the two.

Kingdom Come Superman literally appears on "The Kingdom" and a JSA run and interacts with other Post-Crisis characters, including his other self. So yeah, Chou should have the category if that's enough to have it.

Tbf, the way the Non-Canon Character category is worded, that's exactly what it's implying, alternate continuities.

Alternate continuity is literally one that is alternate to the original one, hence not canon. DBS anime and manga, both are considered to be extension of the main continuity and both are equally canon to the original manga. It isn't like one of them is canon and one is not.

Yes, it is a special case.

Eh it's because at the start we treated the anime as the main canon because of what Toriyama said at the time of its release and what was said about the manga being a "promotional material" and "adaptation" of the anime.

But things have changed since then because of new information that came out in further interviews. It seems that nobody seems to have gotten around to creating new profiles for single/couple keys. Although, Vegeta has been separated and Gohan will soon follow suit.

Oh, so from what I'm getting, Super information in general should be separated from the original manga profiles? I can help in making the profiles if that's what you need, and if Super anime is separated from the original manga, then we would indeed have no main continuity and thus no need for the category on Chou profiles.

@Ion

Super and Chou are both equally valid/canon continuations of the original DBZ manga.

Antvasima said:
Super and Chou are both equally valid/canon continuations of the original DBZ manga.
I know that, that's what I'm saying adding Super anime info on the canon manga profiles while booting the Chou manga info to its own profile shows we have taken the Super anime as the main canon despite both being equally canon.

I am not so sure that Super is separate from the original manga though, in case you are suggesting a separate verse page. I just have the impression that there are two equally canon continuations to the original DBZ manga, Chou and Super.

That's not what I'm suggesting at all, and I have no idea where did you get that idea from. Super is a direct sequel to the original manga, saying otherwise is just being ignorant of the statements saying that.

Antvasima said:
Dragon Ball Super and Chou are both equally canon in this case though, given that the latter is written by Toriyama and the former is the most prominent.
Also, this is false. The Chou manga isn't written by Toriyama, it is written by Toyotaro, while the Super anime is written by the people at Toei. Both the Super anime and the Chou manga are based on the original outline which was written by Toriyama, but each version of the story is credited to be written by the people Toriyama handled his outline to, that is, Toyotaro and Toei.

Well I already addressed your concerns about the profiles so let's stop dragging it further in this thread. You can talk about it in the DBS discussion thread if you wish.

Okay. I at least think that Toriyama has a much closer collaboration with Toyotaro, if I remember correctly.

Anyway, we should drop this discussion, yes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back