• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

All-purpose request thread - 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay. Is somebody else willing to rename those two pages? I am extremely busy.

Do you use a unique name for the file, so it is not taken by a preexisting image?

Add the image using the Images page, and in the title, delete the file extension. The wiki will itself determine the correct file type and let you post it.

Could we add a category for Protecters? (Work in progress name, there's probably a better one)

These are characters who's main goal for a large portion of their story is to protect one or more individuals for a noble or emotional reason (Protecting them for the sake of protecting them or for the sake of their own emotions)

This dosn't apply to characters who are simply loyal to somebody or who assist an organization, nor does it apply to characters who only protect others primarily for personal gain (Like Bodyguards). This also dosn't apply to characters who protect people in general, like Superheroes, but characters who protect a one or more specific individuals. This also dosn't apply to animals who protect their tamer (Like Pokemon or Digimon).

These characters generally feel like they need to protect a character, even if said character is capable of defending themselves.

These characters arn't nessisarly entirely heroic, and can sometimes be willing to do extremely selfish things just to protect someone, even if it's at the cost of several others. If a character is willing to let the one their protecting die for the greater good, then that likely means they don't fit into this catagory.

Examples of characters who would fit into this catagory:

Gunvolt (Most of his motive is protecting Joule and eventually others)

Joel (His main motive is protecting Ellie, and *spoilers for The Last of Us* to save her)

Brad Armstrong (His main motive in the prologue is protecting and helping Buddy, and in the game itself he basically does whatever he needs to save her)

Yes, and a "Protectors" category seems rather diffuse in the first place, so it would likely turn common for people to misunderstand and misuse it.

So, we forgot to remove Mid-Godly regen for Frisk. It was already agreed on, but we only did it for Chara cuz... we forgot, I guess. Still the same "relies on determination, hence not regenerating from non-existence" that was agreed on.

I will unlock the page. Tell me here when you are done.

Did he say that phrase in one of the movies?

Ricsi-viragosi said:
So, we forgot to remove Mid-Godly regen for Frisk. It was already agreed on, but we only did it for Chara cuz... we forgot, I guess. Still the same "relies on determination, hence not regenerating from non-existence" that was agreed on.
Have you done this yet?

Okay. Thanks. Tell me here when you are done.

It may be best to wait for a content revision thread.

Thanks. I have locked the page.

I do not know. Maybe you can ask Promestein and Assaltwaffle about it?

Okay, and what is his current Endgame quote?

Antvasima said:
Okay, and what is his current Endgame quote?
" After I put the stones back, I thought, why not try some of that life Tony was telling me to get. "
~ Steve Rogers to Falcon on his decision to live the happy life as Iron Man once recommended him to get

Okay. I suppose that I am fine with using either of them, but the current one might be confusing without context for our visitors.

Actually the current one is for his normal endgame (without mjolnir) tabber. The suggested quote can be added to his "Endgame (With Mjolnir)" tabber which doesn't have any quote currently.

Okay. That seems fine then. Feel free to do so.

That seems fine. The current image feels OOC.

I think that should be fine, yes.

This CRT can be closed: https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/3688772

Current consensus is to keep the justifications as they are on the profile, so no changes are needed at this point.

There's also some very unhelpful comments that I think are being left by a possible troll here.

GojiBoyForever said:
Hate to sound rude but couldn't you just close it?
Don't worry, you're not being rude. The funny thing is that I completely forgot I have the ability to close the thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back