• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

All Might upgrade

All Might should probably get

"At least High 7-A" in his prime

Pretty simple: The "300" is wrong anyway, he said OVER 300 punches. Furthermore, a lot of those punches were over 100%

Even if we assume that one was over 100%, it would still give 5 punches in his prime = 301 punches during USJ, but the exact value should be at least 100 punches that were over 100%. Which would mean 5 punches in prime = 400 during USJ

But that is banked on assumption. "At least" is based on the value of 300 being wrong objectively, and a lot of those punches were over 100%

With how grammar rules in general work, if it were anywhere over 400 (e.g. 405), All-Might would've said "over 400," so it would be a little safer to assume between 300 and 399 punches. Just saying.

It's also possible All-Might isn't even 300x his current self. Shock absorption only absorbs so much energy after all.

For example, if the ability absorbs 1.22e17 joules then only 1e15 Joules is getting through when All-Might hits him. But a mere 2x amp for AM means that 1.24e17 joules are getting through, or a massive 124x energy difference.

@Flash

As I said, 400 is an estimate. The fact is 300 is wrong objectively

And the 400 is coming from; assuming 100 of his 300 punches were over 100%.

All Might when he said "In my prime, 5 hits would have been enough", was likely referring to himself at 100%, and not including the ones that were over 100%

Fact of the matter is 300 is wrong, and a lot of those punches were over 100%, which can make the results higher, if you highball

Zenkaibattery1 said:
Fact of the matter is 300 is wrong.
Not really. You can't exactly claim such nor can I exactly refute it. To go with 300 is still a viable lowball. I recommend asking someone who is more knowledgeable than I am of MHA because I can't feasibly debate this any further due to my lack of knowledge (I only watched the opening arc in the anime, up to the last episode of the first major fight (when Nomu got launched and all)).

That's the point, it's a lowball. All Might himself said "over 300", that automatically makes the 300 a lowball. Plus the fact that a lot of the punches were over 100% And I have asked some members

Even if it took 4,000 punches my above point would still stand. The shock absorption only absorbs a limited amount of energy. A 1.6x AP amp could theoritcally cover the 5 vs 300 statememt.

Okay?

But he was almost definitely referencing his own striking power, not Nomu's ability to absorb energy...?

He knew about Nomu's power and his prime level of strength. Considering even a minor AP multipier would over come a set absorption limit I don't think there's enough evidence backing the proposed AP upgrade

I still don't think your post addresses the fact that All Might flat out said Over 300 Punches now < 5 Punches in his Prime...?

Your post also doesn't really account for the fact that Noumu is constantly regenerating as well, so all the Shock that's being absorbed is also constantly being regenerated from.

The shock absorption has nothing to do with this. The fact of the matter is the 300 used in the calculation is objectively wrong, and that a good number of his punches were over 100%

All Might clearly was comparing his Prime to his weakend point at 100%, not over 100%

> I still don't think your post addresses the fact that All Might flat out said Over 300 Punches now < 5 Punches in his Prime...?

He says in his prime 5 would've been enough but now it takes over 300: [Page 1] and [Page 2].

So he wasn't saying that he was 60x stronger, but back in to day 5 punches would've been enough. Considering Shock Absorption has a set limit on how much energy it can take, even a super minor AP upgrade would be enough to overcome it quickly as mentioned above. As of now I don't believe there's enough evidence supporting a upgrade, in fact I think there's more supporting a downgrade.

What?

You are literally ignoring where the 60x comes from

The 60x comes when you divied 300 by 5. Meaning All Might during USJ was at 1/60th of his power.

Exactly, he said OVER 300. Meaning the 300 is objectively wrong.

The shock absroption has NOTHING to do with the calculation

> The 60x comes when you divied 300 by 5. Meaning All Might during USJ was at 1/60th of his power.

Shock absorption has a lot to do with it, since that's the direct thing he's measuring against. A super basic example

• AM punches with 100 energy
  • Nomu absorbs 99. So the damage is 1
  • Prime AM punches with 159 energy
  • Nomu absorbs 99. So the damage is 60
The current thing is wrong, but even something high like 350/5 wouldn't change his tier afaik, not that the evidence supports either imo

Well, that's where it originally came from, so going against it is wrong. His current prime calc comes from 300/5. Which is how it should be. The only issue is the value of 300 is wrong. More punches would have contributed. Anyway, better to wait for the staff I asked

I think it's best to stick with what we got for now. We don't even know the exact effectiveness of Nomu's shock absorption and regen, so trying to argue either case wouldn't allow us to come to any sort of conclusion.

Qawsedf234 said:
> The 60x comes when you divied 300 by 5. Meaning All Might during USJ was at 1/60th of his power.
Shock absorption has a lot to do with it, since that's the direct thing he's measuring against. A super basic example

• AM punches with 100 energy
  • Nomu absorbs 99. So the damage is 1
  • Prime AM punches with 159 energy
  • Nomu absorbs 99. So the damage is 60
The current thing is wrong, but even something high like 350/5 wouldn't change his tier afaik, not that the evidence supports either imo
Huh. I had not thought of it like that before. If that's right then it would actually mean a downgrade is necessary for Prime All Might.

Back