• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

All Galactus forms being Immeasurable

Galactus has plenty of feats of going forward and backwards in time, and he has passive time manip. Why doesn't he scale to regular eternity and have immeasurable speed?

Also, lifebringer is the multiverse, so he should be omnipresent as well, scaling to 8th eternity. He does fight people that are harming eternity.

Going backwards and forwards through time isn't immeasurable speed unless it's through sheer speed which you need proof for otherwise my boy Clockwork would have been immeasurable a long time ago. Passive Time Manipulation isn't immeasurable either.

We need context here. Not sure about the other stuff tho so I won't comment on them.

LordGriffin1000 said:
Going backwards and forwards through time isn't immeasurable speed unless it's through sheer speed which you need proof for otherwise my boy Clockwork would have been immeasurable a long time ago. Passive Time Manipulation isn't immeasurable either.
We need context here. Not sure about the other stuff tho so I won't comment on them.
He fights being with above immeasurable speed, the inbetweener. Galactus does not use a device to travel through time. It is through sheer speed.

Time Travel is just an ability, and traveling through time via sheer speed is typically just an FTL speed feat unless there's elaborate context. Immeasurable is for characters who perceive time as a spatial dimension they can roam around freely in. And the weaker versions of Galactus lack combat speed feats that put him at Infinite let alone Immeasurable. He doesn't always perceive every single Avenger as a total statue; which he would if he actually were Infinite/Immeasurable.

Omnipresent or even Nigh-Omnipresent isn't above Immeasurable by default. In fact those are technically more like state of being hax rather than speed. Though, depending on context, Omnipresent beings could be considered Infinite/Immeasurable combat speed via sheer size.

I am leaning towards agreeing with Medeus. Galactus is consistently matched in speed by MFTL+ characters.

That said, you should ask Sandman31 and PrinceOfTheMorning to comment here.

All universal M bodies can navigate and exist in overspace which exists beyond and outside of all linear time, we also know that eternity held "past, present and future" within his hand, universal eternity. I disagree with the arguments from the OP but this should suffice.

Inb4 "well antman went there lolol"

I still think that this seems too inconsistent for Galactus, but it depends on what other knowledgeable members think.

Maybe. We need input from the people I mentioned earlier.

Lifebringer is already Immeasurable, and it's definitely not consistent with weakened or Moderately feed. As for well feed, I'm unsure but willing to here from someone like SandMan or PrinceoftheMorning. Though, I will say it would technically be the flow of time without devouring planets that causes Galactus to weaken from 2-A down to 2-C or 4-A, implying he's still bounded by time in some way or form.

DarkDragonMedeus said:
Lifebringer is already Immeasurable, and it's definitely not consistent with weakened or Moderately feed. As for well feed, I'm unsure but willing to here from someone like SandMan or PrinceoftheMorning. Though, I will say it would technically be the flow of time without devouring planets that causes Galactus to weaken from 2-A down to 2-C or 4-A, implying he's still bounded by time in some way or form.
You realize that we are talking about the newest iteration of marvel, aka the 8th marvel multiverse right? Lifebringer is the same as the Devourer now, and Devourer has just as good feats, like absorbing all of creation AND the Mythic Realm. His oirigin clarified as the 6th multi-etenity combined with Galan. He fought a demon in the mystic realm that fought and stalemated the true trubunal and the other abstracts by itself. He Then abosrbed it no difficulty. Go read strange 2018. Galactus then absorbes the mystic realm, one shots dormamu, and absorbs Multi-Eternity after that. Then strange takes advantage of that and galactus implodes on himself into a singularity. With he help of Multi-Etenity reborn and the True LT, they remake the 8th iteration and rewrite galactus' memories so that he doesn't know what he did.

He explicitly only absorbed a single universe, along with various mystical entities that were portrayed as much weaker than in the old days, and he also took damage from Gladiator in the story, and the Hulk survived his attacks. It was not one of his highest showings.

Anyway, Medeus is correct. Unless we get input from our experts, nothing is going to happen here.

" He fought a demon in the mystic realm that fought and stalemated the true trubunal and the other abstracts by itself"

????

>Assuming the stories ARE true for the creature to begin with, which would be conjecture

>Assuming it is true TLT; which would also be pure conjecture.

Marvel has like hundreds of writers and most of them don't even care about power scaling and basically just write stories however they want. Some others portray multiversal gods as being planetary or less and that's often how they lose to Avenger type characters. While at the same time, Avengers have been portrayed as Wall level in other sources and thus lose to Captain America or a handgun.

We do have plenty of people who analyze things from a case by case standpoint and there are some concrete feats we can use for scaling. But giving characters Immeasurable results based on something that doesn't have quite enough concrete evidence isn't an option.

Also, this thread does appear to be going in circles, either ask @PrinceoftheMorning, @Sandman, @Matthew Schroeder, ect for input or we may need to close the thread.

I messenged PrinceoftheMorning to take a look at this thread when he can.

"Dr. Strange is unreliable?"

He is within this context, this is a complete leading question, if he himself generally admits he isn't sure if these stories are true, again, conjecture, the best thing you can scale the demon to is above doctor strange by strange's own words, other than that? No, not really.

That a random demon would be more powerful than the true form Living Tribunal is extremely unreliable hyperbole from the author, who demonstrated that he did not care in the slightest for coherent story logic when Galactus was portrayed as swinging wildly between tier 4-B and Low 2-C from instance to instance, all shown mystical entities were severely depowered in the story, and Dormammu was portrayed as less powerful than his creation Satannish.

I would appreciate if we could immediately drop this derailment discussion to focus on the main topic.

Back