• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

All For One and All Might revision

He didn't say that they were stronger than his Detroit Smash; but that they were beyond 100% of his power. (The Detroit Smash that All Might performed in the first chapter was when he was forcing himself to go beyond his limit; having already reached the brink of the time he could transform that day).

Putting Nomu at High 7-A durability with Shock Absorption doesn't quite make sense because the Shock Absorption acts more like a shield against physical strikes than a buff to his actual durability. He would still be vulnerable to damage that wasn't dealt through shock like being burned or melted, etc.

Izuku has a flashback to All Might's Detroit Smash when he says over 100 Percent of his power.

Poinciana1971 said:
Izuku has a flashback to All Might's Detroit Smash when he says over 100 Percent of his power.
Yeah; that doesn't necessarily mean more powerful than his Detroit Smash; but instead that the Detroit Smash he's thinking about is also over 100% of his power.

All Might is barely High 7-A so him being weaken to 7-A+ should be fine.

Nomu should be 7-A+ in AP for hurting All Might with his punches but High 7-A in Dura with Shock Absorption. Izuku stated that each of All Might's 300 punches were stronger than his Detroit Smash.

All For One would be downgraded to 7-A+ as well.

Having All For One being weaker than a Nomu makes no sense and downgrading him to Low 7-C would make him only 3X stronger than Endeavor which really makes no sense.

All Might keys.

High 7-A | 7-A | 6-C

Weakened, before passing on OFA
| After passing on OFA | Prime

Damage3245 said:
Yeah; that doesn't necessarily mean more powerful than his Detroit Smash; but instead that the Detroit Smash he's thinking about is also over 100% of his power.
That makes no sense, he literally says every hit is over 100 Percent of his power while thinking about the Detroit Smash .

Izuku: "Every hit's the real deal!! Over 100 Percent of his power!!"

While having a flashback to All Might's Detroit Smash

Poinciana1971 said:
That makes no sense, he literally says every hit is over 100 Percent of his power while thinking about the Detroit Smash
Implying that the Detroit Smash is over 100% of his power... What doesn't make sense about that?

He says 'every hit is the real deal' as well. The punch against the Sludge Villain certainly looked like 'the real deal' to me.

... Speaking of All-Might, why are we taking the "In his prime, just five of his punches would contain the power of over 300 as he is now" that literally to the point of making a calc on it and giving him a 6-C tier? It's one of the vaguest and unexplicit multipliers that I have ever seen.

Poinciana1971 said:
Are you alright? Izuku is talking about the punches All Might is hitting Nomu with not the Detroit Smash.

http://ww1.readheroacademia.com/manga/boku-no-hero-academia-chapter-19/
Yes, but he's thinking about it in comparison to the Detroit Smash. All Might was clearly going beyond his limits in the first chapter; seeing how hard to was for him to transform. It's also coincidentally the most powerful punch we've seen All Might do (except for the United States of Smash).

When Deku is thinking about All Might using more than 100% of his power, he's thinking back to the last time he saw All Might use more than 100% of his power.

Izuku can't be talking about the Detroit Smash being over 100 Percent because, he says EVERY HIT which implies more then one punch, Detroit Smash is one punch.

He's compare these attacks to Detroit Smash because they're over 100 Percent of his power.

Every hit is the real deal, last I check Detroit Smash was only one punch. All Might's current punches against Nomu are stated by Izuku to be stronger than his Detroit Smash.

Are you reading the same manga? I'm leaving, you're really making me angry and I don't want to explode. I'll be back after I calm down, maybe eat something.

Poinciana1971 said:
Izuku can't be talking about the Detroit Smash being over 100 Percent because, he says EVERY HIT which implies more then one punch, Detroit Smash is one punch.
He's compare these attacks to Detroit Smash because they're over 100 Percent of his power.

Every hit is the real deal, last I check Detroit Smash was only one punch. All Might's current punches against Nomu are stated by Izuku to be stronger than his Detroit Smash.

Are you reading the same manga? I'm leaving, you're really making me angry and I don't want to explode. I'll be back after I calm down, maybe eat something.
I'm really beginning to think you're not reading what I'm posting.

He is talking about every hit of All Might's against Nomu being above 100% of his power, I'm agreeing with you there. What I am disagreeing with is that his Detroit Smash in Chapter 1 is just 100% or less of his full power.

He is thinking about the Detroit Smash specifically because he is thinking about All Might going above 100% of his power which is happening in both cases; in both the Nomu fight and in chapter 1, All Might is going above 100% of his power.

The Detroit Smash in the first chapter is clearly the 100% of his power, the reason he was so tired is because he had already exceeded his time limit of 3 hours per day.

DMB 1 said:
... Speaking of All-Might, why are we taking the "In his prime, just five of his punches would contain the power of over 300 as he is now" that literally to the point of making a calc on it and giving him a 6-C tier? It's one of the vaguest and unexplicit multipliers that I have ever seen.

Well, it's not entirely vague but I'm not fond of using that multiplier either. It does seem to be a bit exaggerated and using it to get Island level All Might isn't exactly something I'm happy about.

Even if he was the strongest hero in the verse, it still seems a bit of an outlier.

It's not my fault that this wikia uses 1.003 kg/cm^3 for the weight of the clouds, All Might's feat is actually thousands of times weaker than High 7-A.

Therefir said:
It's not my fault that this wikia uses 1.003 g/cm^3 for the weight of the clouds, All Might's feat is actually thousands of times weaker than High 7-A.
I personally still beleive in using air density when regarding air manipulation feats. But that would only apply to creating and manipulating a storm. Though I'm not sure if it would apply to All Might here.

Since All Might uses shockwaves, which travel through the air, the air volume should not apply to him.

Also, why does Endeavor scale to Todoroki's maximum ice and not to his maximum fire? Endeavor being much stronger than Deku 100% doesn't make much sense to me after his feat in the last chapter.

My problem isn't really his feat, but simply giving his "Prime form" a tier based on a vague multiplier that could very well be an exaggeration, or maybe even a lowball. And we've never seen Prime All Might on screen, so it seems pointless to me.

I'd just rate his "Prime form" as "Unknow, but likely much higher", rather than an outright 6-C.

Therefir said:
Also, why does Endeavor scale to Todoroki's maximum ice and not to his maximum fire? Endeavor being much stronger than Deku 100% doesn't make much sense to me after his feat in the last chapter.
That's what I said in the other thread.

Endeavor should be 8-B at most.

DMB 1 said:
My problem isn't really his feat, but simply giving his "Prime form" a tier based on a vague multiplier that could very well be an exaggeration, or maybe even a lowball. And we've never seen Prime All Might on screen, so it seems pointless to me.
I'd just rate his "Prime form" as "Unknow, but likely much higher", rather than an outright 6-C.
We see what Prime All Might looks like in the movie trailers.

This isn't Dragon Ball, a directly stated (More like implied really) multiplier is fine. Though if memory sevres me right, Alkl Might said it took over 300 blows. So it may in fact be a lowball.

It's not a vague multiplier, All Might clearly states that in his Prime, 5 of his punches contains more power than 300 punches in his weakened self.

Also, All Might is not the kind of person who exaggerates things. I really doubt he was lying

Because in Dragonball, multipliers are actually more precise, they are stated multiple times (even in the guides), the power level is measured by characters who can sense ki, and sometimes, even those are put into discussion.

All Might's "300 punches" thing seems just like a rough estimation of his power that he made just to say "in my days, I was hella stronger".

He literally stated that in his prime, it would've taken 5 punches to defeat Nomu. So no, the Prime rating is here to stay.

I myself agree.

Personally Noumu is the one that confuses me. As he ultimately puts up a better fight against a Bloodlusted All Might then AFO

I'm also pretty sure taking out the hair is what made him have less time too fight rather then just being weaker.

I personally think All Might should stay High 7A, while Noumu and AFO can be at least 7A+ possibly High 7A.

Well, the only reason that Nomu lasted as long as he did was because he had the perfect Quirks to counter All Might's simple fighting style. If he didn't have Shock Absorption and Super Regenerationn, then All Might could possibly have taken him out with only a few punches.

Gargoyle One said:
I myself agree.
Personally Noumu is the one that confuses me. As he ultimately puts up a better fight against a Bloodlusted All Might then AFO

I'm also pretty sure taking out the hair is what made him have less time too fight rather then just being weaker.

I personally think All Might should stay High 7A, while Noumu and AFO can be at least 7A+ possibly High 7A.
I agree with this

Looks like we're all in agreement with revising Nomu & All For One.

Notice how there's no one by the name of Dark Dragon Medeus here.

And why exactly are you derailing with that?

VersusJunkie54 said:
He literally stated that in his prime, it would've taken 5 punches to defeat Nomu. So no, the Prime rating is here to stay.
Actually, come to think of it...

All Might's statement is frankly too specific. By what method can he actually measure 5=300? And before anyone brings up the Cell false equivalency, literally pretty much every guidebook past the Cell saga said "Yes he was going to blow up the Solar System". This has no guidebooks behind it, no dramatic tension behind it, all it is is a throwaway line from someone who would have no method of measuring his power in solid quantifiable numbers.

But, then again, a "Likely" in front makes all the difference in opposition to "Definitely".

So yeah I just kinda wrote All that for naught

Back