• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

All For One and All Might revision

I'm surprised this wasn't brought up earlier, but it's time. Can we really assume All For One is High 7-A? I mean... the version of All Might he fought was quite literally running on One For All's embers. And a good portion of the fight was spent with All Might transferring the last dregs of his energy into different body parts.

All Might's feat was preformed at the beginning of the series, before he gave One For All to Izuku. And has been repeatedly established as getting weaker and weaker since. The question is, how much weaker exactly?

We don't know that. So I propose a simple solution. Say "likely High 7-A" for All For One since he fought an All Might who was running on the last dregs of his energy. But I'm also open to other suggestions.

Thoughts?

Update: more reasons and updated proposal.

Please throughly read this post, it is important to this revision and needs to be considered.

Now that I think more into it, should All For One be High 7-A at all?

1, it was implied that his injuries in his previous fight against All Might were more serious than All Mgiht's own.

2 All Might was unable to use his full power against All For One yntill Bakugou was out of the area. All For One himself confirms that All Might was holding back.

3 A good portion of their final battle was spent with All Might in his skinny form, literally transfering the embers of his power into a single limb. Furthermore, as the fight went on, we see that All Might only lands three more punches, to give an idea of how much power he had remaining.

4 All Might's 1.31 gigaton feat was preformed at the beginning of the series, with exteme effort, and that was before he gave One For All to Izuku.

5 It is pretty much drilled into the viewer/reader's head that All Might was getting weaker and weaker as the series went on.

6 Going back to the All For One vs All Might fight, All For One needed to use his "Ultimate" combination of quirks to clash with All Might's embers of power, even needing to use Impact recoil as well.

7 Did I miss anything? I'll say more if I think of more reasons.

Conclusion: All For One should preferably instead be scaled to one of the destructive feats we see in that fight between him and All Might, Due to the former's lack of feats, and taking all of these reasons into account, scaling him to a BoS feat that was done with extreme effort, while the latter is explicitly stated and shown to be getting slower and weaker is wayyyy too generous. Additionally, considering the disparity between All Might prior to giving One For All to Izuku, and his time while running on the lasts dregs of his power. There should be a new All Might key, called "Embers of One For All" or something like that.

You could make the same argument for his Prime version since his battle with All Might is entirely off-screen and the only known result is that he somehow inflicted a serious injury on All Might's side while getting his own head caved in.

I think a 'Likely' clarifier would be best.

EDIT: Also, while we're here, All For One needs Information Analysis on his profile.

Bump.

Where does Info Analysys come from?

Also, All For One doesn't have blindness in his prime, that was only after his battle with All Might. So his weakness section needs a slight adjustment

Yeah, seems like Likely would be a better rating in that case. We should make a note in his attack potency that he was fighting an All Might running on the fumes left of All For One that he had left in him.

But I don't think that All For One is weaker than Nomu.

Perhaps Nomu is rated slightly too highly then. He did outright lose to All Might in a direct punching match and was overwhelmed when All Might started going beyond his limits.

The reason why he was able to take so many punches from All Might at all was because his Quirk was absorbing the shock from his punches and he was regenerating any damage being caused. Once he hit his absorption limit, All Might knocked him flying out of the USJ.

"and was overwhelmed when All Might started going beyond his limits."

That's kind of the point of All Might going over his limits. He went beyond his 100% in order to defeat Noumu. That kinda speaks more volumes of Noumu than All Might as his current max isn't able to handle Noumu.

"The reason why he was able to take so many punches from All Might at all was because his Quirk was absorbing the shock from his punches"

Are we going to just act like Noumu didn't pwn All-Might prior to him going over his limits?

"Once he hit his absorption limit, All Might knocked him flying out of the USJ."

Actually I'm pretty sure that hit would've sent Noumu flying regardless and pretty much encompassed all of All Might's present remaining strength. Absorbing shock doesn't magically cancel out momentum; energy has to go somewhere.

Notice that all of All Mights previous blows barely staggered Nomu? But once he hit his limit, All Might was able to send him flying.

> Are we going to just act like Noumu didn't pwn All-Might prior to him going over his limits?

Nomu mainly inflicted damage by targeting All Mights weak point.

I don't think that really qualifies as Physics Manipulation; we don't have an exact definition of what those Quirks do.

Reinhardthrowhisspear said:
It should be obvious. It boosts Kinetic Energy. It is the name of the quirk, after all.
Yes, it is pretty obvious but we don't have a description for it yet. All we know is he uses it to help make his Air Cannon stronger. We don't know what it does by itself.

Nomu was able to hurt All Might by punching normally. Remember when All Might took that punch for Bakugo, he blocked it with his arm but was sent flying and clearly injured?

Poinciana1971 said:
Nomu was able to hurt All Might by punching normally. Remember when All Might took that punch for Bakugo, he blocked it with his arm but was sent flying and clearly injured?
What point are you trying to make exactly?

Also, bump

His point was in reply to Damage's comment that Noumu is perhaps rated to high. Poin and I refuted, showing that Noumu clearly overpowered All Might under normal circumstances which All Might only won due to going past his 100%.

Please throughly read this post, it is important to this revision and needs to be considered.

Now that I think more into it, should All For One be High 7-A at all?

1, it was implied that his injuries in his previous fight against All Might were more serious than All Mgiht's own.

2 All Might was unable to use his full power against All For One yntill Bakugou was out of the area. All For One himself confirms that All Might was holding back.

3 A good portion of their final battle was spent with All Might in his skinny form, literally transfering the embers of his power into a single limb. Furthermore, as the fight went on, we see that All Might only lands three more punches, to give an idea of how much power he had remaining.

4 All Might's 1.31 gigaton feat was preformed at the beginning of the series, with exteme effort, and that was before he gave One For All to Izuku.

5 It is pretty much drilled into the viewer/reader's head that All Might was getting weaker and weaker as the series went on.

6 Going back to the All For One vs All Might fight, All For One needed to use his "Ultimate" combination of quirks to clash with All Might's embers of power, even needing to use Impact recoil as well.

7 Did I miss anything? I'll say more if I think of more reasons.

Conclusion: All For One should preferably instead be scaled to one of the destructive feats we see in that fight between him and All Might, Due to the former's lack of feats, and taking all of these reasons into account, scaling him to a BoS feat that was done with extreme effort, while the latter is explicitly stated and shown to be getting slower and weaker is wayyyy too generous. Additionally, considering the disparity between All Might prior to giving One For All to Izuku, and his time while running on the lasts dregs of his power. There should be a new All Might key, called "Embers of One For All" or something like that.

prime All for one scales.. he literally damaged All Might to such an extend to shorten his career as a hero.

Prime All For One is fine, yes. But no, we are not rating weakened All For One as "Unknow" That is to be frank, ridiuclous. Wht not just calculate that huge clash they had in the manga and scale him to that?

It's more ridiculous to have All For One at Small Town level, even Nomu stomps him now?

I suggest we change All For One to "Likely High 7-A".

Therefir said:
It's more ridiculous to have All For One at Small Town level, even Nomu stomps him now?
That is not at all what I said, please do not put words in my mouth.

Speaking of, Nomu also fought a weakening All Might after he gave One For All away, and needed to rely on shock absorption to beat him for the most part.

Maybe backscaling him to 7-A would be better?

> That is not at all what I said, please do not put words in my mouth.

But you just said that we should scale All For One to the huge clash Lol.

No, Likely High 7-A is way too generous. Did you not read my post? That feat was preformed with extreme effort by an All Might who hasn't passed on One For All yet

Nomu's durability really shouldn't be High 7-A for 'taking hundreds of All Might punches' because he didn't rely on his durability to take those hits. His shock absorption was responsible for dealing with the majority of those hits.

Therefir said:
> That is not at all what I said, please do not put words in my mouth.
But you just said that we should scale All For One to the huge clash Lol.
You're talking about his feat of pulverizing several city blocks. I'm referring to that clash between him, and All Might that did this.

http://*********.com/Manga/Boku-no-Hero-Academia/No--093?id=361247#14

Even weakened should scale from Noumu. And "UNITED STATES OF SMASH" is impied (a lot) to be All Might's strongest attack ever, and it barely holds AFO unconscious for some of minutes and it didn't even draw blood.

Was it? Where?

I don't have the calc right now, but an explosion of that size is nowhere near close to Low 7-C.

Damage3245 said:
Nomu's durability really shouldn't be High 7-A for 'taking hundreds of All Might punches' because he didn't rely on his durability to take those hits. His shock absorption was responsible for dealing with the majority of those hits.
He still should scale though. He can take a punch even if his Absorption was nulled.

Reinhardthrowhisspear said:
He still should scale though. He can take a punch even if his Absorption was nulled.
Another reason why he could take a punch at all is because he has Super Regenerationn that'd let him recover from damage that All Might was doing to him.

Okay, but he should be at least tier 7-A in dura. Lower than that and he should be turned into paste. And low-mid won't help you with that.

All Might's feat was barely High 7-A, so making Nomu 7-A makes sense I guess? Although Deku said All Might was using more than 100% of his power, while showing the image when All Might used Detroit Smash in the first chapter (The one that was calced at High 7-A).

Maybe the calc/feat from the first chapter is a bit exagerrated compared to All Might's actual power? I noticed there was a lower version of the calc that put it at 7-B but a later one was accepted that put it as High 7-A.

(Also, does it make sense for All Might to be using a Large Mountain level punch to destroy a relatively weak villain while in close proximity to two students?)

It's like saying that does it makes sense that the planets don't get an explosion whenever DBS Goku is punching on the surface of it. It just fiction.

Back