• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
all the regular predstors at bare minimum shpuld be scaling to or upscaling from this since Young Bloods are literaly the rookies of the Predator hierarchy.
My word means nothing here, but personally? I think the Predator hierarchy shouldn't be treated like the Xenomorph Caste system. Hear me out

With Xenomorphs, unless the host is somebody WILDLY different from most humans or they've got some other type of enhancements? The Castes are reliable for scaling because of how consistent the Xenomorph types are (ex. Ripley isn't surprised that the Xenomorphs cut out the power during Aliens despite having only encountered one Xenomorph beforehand in less than 24 hours)

Predators are different. AvP is actually a great example of this because in that same group of Predators, who are all in the same ranking, are certainly at different levels objectively. AT LEAST skill wise, Scar is waaaay above whats expected of his ranking, while one of his fellow brothers got killed by Grid. Then there's examples of guys like Dark who took down the Abomination, who is considered superior to previous Predaliens

I'm not trying to deny any sort of scaling between Predators because there are without a doubt instances of others being superior through what they've showcased, or just outright directly scaling. But the hierarchy alone isn't an accurate representation of which Predators scale where

Oh uhhhh yeah the feat's usable if the calc got the thumbs up

My word means nothing here, but personally? I think the Predator hierarchy shouldn't be treated like the Xenomorph Caste system. Here me out

With Xenomorphs, unless the host is somebody WILDLY different from most humans or they've got some other type of enhancements? The Castes are reliable for scaling because of how consistent the Xenomorph types are (ex. Ripley isn't surprised that the Xenomorphs cut out the power during Aliens despite having only encountered one Xenomorph beforehand is less than 24 hours)
That's fair.
Predators are different. AvP is actually a great example of this because in that same group of Predators, who are all in the same ranking, are certainly at different levels objectively. AT LEAST skill wise, Scar is waaaay above whats expected of his ranking, while one of his fellow brothers got killed by Grid.
True, but to become a fully blooded Predator one has to be capable of killing a Xenomorph so they kind of have to scale to this calc by default since Grid is a regular ass Drone and he still managed to kill Celtic.
Then there's examples of guys like Dark who take down the Abomination, who is considered superior to previous Predaliens
Tbf, all the player characters in the AvP game from 2010 are insane even by this series standards. Hell, Six, who killed an entire squad of Predators including Dark's equal Wolf, literally goes on to become a Praetorian and then a Queen.
I'm not trying to deny any sort of scaling between Predators because there are without a doubt instances of others being superior through what they've showcased, or just outright directly scaling. But the hierarchy alone isn't an accurate representation of which Predators scale where
See above.
The calc is already evaluated.

AT LEAST skill wise, Scar is waaaay above whats expected of his ranking, while one of his fellow brothers got killed by Grid.
It was two, actually. The first one went down like such a chump that he's easily forgotten. Scar went in with two others, and hilariously Celtic seems to have been the favoured one since his mask is unique and he's always shown in front. Scar was the only one who succeeded.
Then there's examples of guys like Dark
I think Dark should have a profile here, as he has some slightly unique equipment (dual wristblades, a Xeno vision mask) and he's got one of the best combat records of any Yautja.
who took down the Abomination, who is considered superior to previous Predaliens
Wait, it was superior to other ones? I knew it was a special threat, but what made it superior to other predaliens? It does have the feats where it can actually shake the chamber with its attacks.

I will say, the feats are performed by Celtic and Grid respectively, with the one who doesn't perform the feat directly withstanding it instead. Any Yautja better than Celtic, which should be most of them, should scale.

Last edited:
Back