• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Alien Invasion in the Schoolyard (Jimmy Hopkins vs Xenomorph)

Flashlight237

VS Battles
Calculation Group
Okay, so here's the deal. Jimmy Hopkins is not someone I'd want to mess with based on, well... The entirety of his profile. As for Xenomorphs... While the Yautja species, a warrior race where combat is their entire culture, sees Xenomorphs as worthy prey, Xenomorphs are largely animalistic despite the Yautja's confidence in their abilities. Might be a little hard for Hopkins to handle the creature, but I can see Hopkins scoring a win.

For this match, this is Hopkins vs an adult Xenomorph (which is 9-B) and speed is equalized. The battle takes place at Bullworth and Hopkins gets 30 minutes of prep time. Here are their profiles.

Jimmy Hopkins' Profile
Xenomorph's Profile

Who takes this?

Jimmy Hopkins: 0
Xenomorph: 0
Inconclusive: 0

I skimmed through their AP section, and they mostly seem to be even there, with Jimmy's weapon being much stronger. However, most of Jimmy's weapons are either not lethal enough to kill or Xenomorph is just unfazed by them. The ones that are actually helpful are the rocket launchers and the spud gun. Firecrackers might be able to scare it off once or twice, but that's just it.

Xenomorph's most dangerous arsenal is acid blood and LS, which could get Jimmy killed quickly. I also think that Xenomorph's stealth ability is just better than Jimmy's since it can pretty much hide from trained marines and Yautja warriors. Combine this with enhanced senses, and it would render Jimmy's stealth completely useless.

Given the location, Jimmy is more familiar with the battlefield and could set up traps and stuff, but Xenomorphs are known for being excellent predators, plus they can crawl on walls, which means they are smart enough to use any corners or blind spots for their own advantage as well.

This is my take on the fight based on information from their profiles and my own (limited) knowledge of both characters, so I may have gotten a few things wrong or missed.

I'm not sure how Jimmy loses this when he is much more intelligent, has the homefield advantage, higher AP with his ranged weapons and always starts a fight with them, has itching powder and stink bombs which won't necessarily incapacitate the alien but will still annoy and distract it to allow him to land more hits with his weapons. This thread reminds me of a different one where he also went up against alien monsters similar to the Xeno except they're even smarter, much harder to put down, and can assimilate him with a single touch. And guess who won?

Also, just because Jimmy's weapons aren't fatal in the game doesn't mean they also wouldn't be in a VS match (especially with Jimmy's AP advantage). A firecracker and bottle rocket launcher would easily combust someone, and I wouldn't wanna imagine what a spud gun would do to the head...

Last edited:
Also, just because Jimmy's weapons aren't fatal in the game doesn't mean they also wouldn't be in a VS match (especially with Jimmy's AP advantage). A firecracker and bottle rocket launcher would easily combust someone, and I wouldn't wanna imagine what a spud gun would do to the head...
And it would make perfect sense for weapons to adhere to a character's AP or even a separate AP. However, I do think it's also important to note the other side of the table: the armor. While a character's durability rating is one factor, the other factor is the type of hits the character took. The Xenomorph took on such weapons as shotgun shells, handgun rounds, and military sidearm rounds, with said rounds being deflected it's armored exoskeleton. Under normal human thinking, guns are the last thing anyone wants to cross.

Here, even with Jimmy's strategic thinking, we're essentially pitting a human with makeshift weaponry against a creature with armor that can shrug off firearms, even if the weapons Jimmy has does double the Xenomorph's AP.

I'm not sure how Jimmy loses this when he is much more intelligent, has the homefield advantage, higher AP with his ranged weapons and always starts a fight with them, has itching powder and stink bombs which won't necessarily incapacitate the alien but will still annoy and distract it to allow him to land more hits with his weapons. This thread reminds me of a different one where he also went up against alien monsters similar to the Xeno except they're even smarter, much harder to put down, and can assimilate him with a single touch. And guess who won?
I agree that Jimmy has a pretty huge chance of winning if he manages to keep his distance against the Xenomorph with ranged weapons. However, claiming that he had defeated a debatably similar monster to the Xenomorph in another match is largely irrelevant. In that case, I can use similar logic to argue that Xenomorph has defeated The Terminator and Robocop, both of whom are superior to Jimmy in every way possible, and thus would easily win this match.

The Xenomorphs are still diametrically opposed to The Thing in both physical and behavioral traits. It has better stealth abilities than Jimmy, a higher LS to shred him apart if it can jump on him, and the stamina/pain tolerance to withstand being shot long enough to find an opening on Jimmy.

I agree that Jimmy has a pretty huge chance of winning if he manages to keep his distance against the Xenomorph with ranged weapons. However, claiming that he had defeated a debatably similar monster to the Xenomorph in another match is largely irrelevant. In that case, I can use similar logic to argue that Xenomorph has defeated The Terminator and Robocop, both of whom are superior to Jimmy in every way possible, and thus would easily win this match.
In terms of abilities, skill, and LS? Maybe. Judging by their AP? Not really the case.
The Xenomorphs are still diametrically opposed to The Thing in both physical and behavioral traits. It has better stealth abilities than Jimmy, a higher LS to shred him apart if it can jump on him, and the stamina/pain tolerance to withstand being shot long enough to find an opening on Jimmy.
What do you mean? That sounds exactly like the Thing just without the superior intelligence, busted regeneration, and the fact that they can oneshot Jimmy with a mere touch.

In terms of abilities, skill, and LS? Maybe. Judging by their AP? Not really the case.
In terms of AP, Jimmy got them beaten, but in this match, he and the alien's AP are mostly even (even Jimmy's weapons, as I've said in my comment above). In terms of abilities and skills, I doubt I need to explain Robocop and Terminator's marksmanship or skills to you because those two completely outclassed a teenage boy to an unimaginable degree.

That is not to mention their sensory abilities, like enhanced senses, information analysis, etc. None of these aren't enough to beat the creature.

What do you mean? That sounds exactly like the Thing just without the superior intelligence, busted regeneration, and the fact that they can oneshot Jimmy with a mere touch.
Alright then, let me see if that is true:
  1. The Thing is afraid of fire because it basically negates their regeneration, which is why Jimmy's firey weapons are a huge deal in that match. Xenomorph resist fire and high temperatures, plus they have pain tolerance + comparable durability to survive them.
  2. The Thing possessed human bodies in that match, so itching powder and stink bombs still work. Xenomorph's body is covered in this exoskeletal structure, the powder can't make them itchy. It lacks eyes and senses everything in different ways than humans, stink bombs won't be able to stun them.
  3. Xenomorph was able to navigate through facilities, tight spaces, spaceships, caves, or whatever locations are being used in films, games, and novels and use things like ventilation systems or blind spots to ambush its prey. Bonus points for its ability to crawl on ceilings and walls, which makes Bullworth an ideal ground for it to play the stealth game.
  4. The Thing outperformed the Xenomorph in terms of intellect, but the true difference is how their intellect feats are applied in certain areas: the Xenomorph's intelligence is demonstrated by their hunting skills, whereas the Thing's highest level of intelligence is based on their engineering skills (they manage to build a spaceship from scrap) and manipulation skills (faking acts and deceiving people). One side's superior intelligence does not guarantee a chance to win unless they can actually capitalize on it during the match.
  5. Finally, Jimmy is unaware that Xenomorph's blood contains acid. While in the fight with The Thing, the OP let Jimmy know not to touch any of The Things, he would be unaware of the acid blood until the Xenomorph bled or attempted to spit acid at him.

In terms of AP, Jimmy got them beaten, but in this match, he and the alien's AP are mostly even (even Jimmy's weapons, as I've said in my comment above). In terms of abilities and skills, I doubt I need to explain Robocop and Terminator's marksmanship or skills to you because those two completely outclassed a teenage boy to an unimaginable degree.

That is not to mention their sensory abilities, like enhanced senses, information analysis, etc. None of these aren't enough to beat the creature.

Alright then, let me see if that is true:
  1. The Thing is afraid of fire because it basically negates their regeneration, which is why Jimmy's firey weapons are a huge deal in that match. Xenomorph resist fire and high temperatures, plus they have pain tolerance + comparable durability to survive them.
  2. The Thing possessed human bodies in that match, so itching powder and stink bombs still work. Xenomorph's body is covered in this exoskeletal structure, the powder can't make them itchy. It lacks eyes and senses everything in different ways than humans, stink bombs won't be able to stun them.
  3. Xenomorph was able to navigate through facilities, tight spaces, spaceships, caves, or whatever locations are being used in films, games, and novels and use things like ventilation systems or blind spots to ambush its prey. Bonus points for its ability to crawl on ceilings and walls, which makes Bullworth an ideal ground for it to play the stealth game.
  4. The Thing outperformed the Xenomorph in terms of intellect, but the true difference is how their intellect feats are applied in certain areas: the Xenomorph's intelligence is demonstrated by their hunting skills, whereas the Thing's highest level of intelligence is based on their engineering skills (they manage to build a spaceship from scrap) and manipulation skills (faking acts and deceiving people). One side's superior intelligence does not guarantee a chance to win unless they can actually capitalize on it during the match.
  5. Finally, Jimmy is unaware that Xenomorph's blood contains acid. While in the fight with The Thing, the OP let Jimmy know not to touch any of The Things, he would be unaware of the acid blood until the Xenomorph bled or attempted to spit acid at him.
Well, that was a good analysis. You have successfully countered all of my points and convinced me that the Xenomorph can win this more often than not. With that, I'll vote for the Alien as well.

Back