• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Alice vs Dorothy: No place like home in Wonderland

What's stopping Dorothy from turning her into an egg with a wave of her hand?

^That's not sarcasm btw, I never played American McGee, so I actually don't know what Alice can do to prevent that.

The matter Manipulation of Dorothy is very limited, and she doesn't really know how to use it. Tbh I don't remember much of how she uses the Magic belt but D probably doesn't know how to do that. All I remember is she made chocolate out of thin air.

Alice can stop Time though, which would counter the Silver shoes. She also is quite skilled at fighting multiple enemies. The main problem is some of the Magic will be neutralized by the witch' Kiss. Also the Time Manipulation is only for a limited time.

OH DUH HOW COULD I FORGET ABOUT THAT. Sorry...wow...I can't believe I didn't remember that. But yes Alice still has time manipulation, so it should help if she can stop time quick enough to attack Dorothy. More even then I thought. Thanks for the link :).

ZacharyGrossman273 wrote: "Why do we have a profile on a character from a game entirely in said character's imagination?"

Well due to in her "Wonderland" she has a good many feats (sadly not show on her profile). I guess it is a meta thing due to any fight she would be placed in on this wiki, it would be her fictional self, or mind self, fighting another character. She has distinct stats and impressive abilities even if it is just her in her mind.

But her feats are from her dreams. It's basically using her as if we are seeing the Wonderland as it's own separate place, as she still shows limits to her abilities in the dreams. I do understand what you are saying but Alice is rather a special case in that sense. It's not like we would plan to include dream sequence feats to other characters. Alice's feats are just from her wonderland self, which is still mortal and killable.

But the profile is based on her delusional self, her fictional self. It shows feats and abilities. To be honest I don't really know what you mean, though if you think the Profile should be deleted ask the people who added it to the wiki or the higher ups. I personally think it is fine (though it's stats should be updated). I don't see why it should be included. I guess what your saying is why Calvin (Calvin and Hobbes) would be difficult to add, due to his feats being in his imagination. The main difference is she has distinct limits, feats, abilities and is shown strictly as a different character, unlike Calvin who in the comic strips, often has the abilities blur tramendacly. Sorry if I'm not being very helpful:/.

Doesn't most of the game take place inside the dream? If it is the main setting of the franchise, there's no problem in using feats from there.

Paulo.junior.969 wrote: "Does Alice start with time hax in character?"

Hm I don't believe so...

Perhaps I should have them both in character.

Alice only really has two ways to avoid being EGGsterminated (I'm sorry). One way is becoming invisible and jumping D and killing her that way, the other is, as I said, stopping time and then killing her while time is stopped.

Well, some other stuff that is weird in Dorothy's page is that in the book, the Silver Shoes didn't teleport her back to Kansas, or at least I don't think they did (I might be wrong tho). In the way the book says it, it sounds more like they flew her there really fast:

"Instantly she was whirling through the air, so swiftly that all she could see or feel was the wind whistling past her ears."

"Dorothy stood up and found she was in her stocking-feet. For the Silver Shoes had fallen off in her flight through the air, and were lost forever in the desert."

The belt can teleport tho, as well as teleport other people to another countries.

I don't think any of that affects the fight tho.

Also, her magic items don't work outside of magical places like Oz and Ev, which should be in her weaknesses. Again, doesn't affect the fight, I just think it should be on the page.

It didn't seem like flight, at best it said she actually had to step three times. I do see what you are saying though. Also due to you knowledge on the series, feel free to edit the Dorothy or othe wizard of Oz profiles in the Fables and Fairytales. As to address what you have said, yes teleportation seems like stretching it for the shoes. Though flight also doesn't seem to be what it is saying, though due to the excerpt that is possibly it.

Whoever hits first, Alice has a bunch of stuff that could potentially kill Dorothy (unless her magic resistance helps, but I'm not sure about that), while Dorothy could potentially transmutate her.

True true. Really depends who will most likely come to anger or aggression first, which I assume would be Alice ...but I don't know if she would be prepared or not. Rn I'm thinking inconclusive till we get more thoughts on the matter.

Back