• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Alright, well, analysis

AP and speed are meaningless due to their regen and SE.

Alex can bypass his regen through absorbtion, Carnage can beat his through possesion or eventually beating his biomass which is going too be far too difficult to reliably do.

I'll wait for more input before voting

How in character is Carnage's possession?

Right now it either looks Inconclusive or "Alex Absorbs"

On one situation Carnage can absorb Silver Surfer, turning him into Carnage Cosmic. He is willing to do so provided the chance.

Also, Alex Mercer's regen gets slower and weaker if his biomass storage is lower, whereas Carnage's biomass literally jumps back to him on regenerating.

And Alex does not have effective fire-type attacks iirc.

Carnage could win by stamina, experience and more reliable regen.

"Alex does not have effective fire-type attacks"

That's like a very minor weakness like it doesn't even matter

One more thing about how Alex's consumption works:

Alex at the final stage of Prototype 2 did consume 8 Evolved, but through sneak attack (and arguably with partial consent and plot but that's a different story).

Alex infected James but could not change Heller's team (Alex and James did work together briefly until James learned about Alex's true plot), and Alex would not be able to consume James unless he would have first defeated James and weakened James.

James did defeat Alex in the end, but only at Alex's weakest state (he could not even maintain his Evolved form) could James consume Alex.

Alex's consumption skills work well on allies (to amplify his own stats and gain biomass) but not so on enemies, as shown in the game.

Whereas Carnage can possess Alex's body, or the symbiote would kill/inactivate the virus.

I think that's more of a feat for James then a feat against Alex, as he's the only person in the series to consistently resist it completely. And it won't matter since Carnage doesn't resist absorbtion like Heller does.

What you just desribed is resistance to absorbtion

Also not sure how being hit by a sneak attack means absorbtion works. Sneak attacks (sometimes) ignore Dura, not help absorbtion

Not like it matters as Carnage has not shown resistance against Absorption or Biological Manipulation based from his profile. Mercer was shown to be able to consume ordinary humans just from making physical contact with them in the Prototype comics (which is canon by the way), as well as being able to consume several Evolved simultaneously just by making physical contact with them through his tendrils (and he didn't even weaken them or beat them down into submission in order to do so. Verse Equalisation says that if he can absorb ordinary humans and the Blacklight Infected like the Evolved through physical contact, then he can do so to other characters that has not shown resistance to Absorption or Biological Manipulation).

Carnage's possession would ultimately fail against Mercer as that requires him to make physical contact with Mercer (like spreading his Symbiote to Mercer), which would backfire as Mercer's consume ability (which could work through physical contact like I've said) would end up with the Symbiote being absorbed. Carnage being able to absorb Silver Surfer and turning him into Carnage Cosmic sounds like the work of PIS, and should not reliable to use in VS debates such as these.

And what's this about Carnage having the stamina advantage against Mercer? Last I've checked, Carnage's stamina is only "very high" due to his insanity, and Mercer's is "nearly limitless as long as he's fed" (though Mercer has not shown to physically tire out in the gameplays at all as I've noticed), so I don't think Carnage would defeat Mercer in a battle of attrition. Especially since this battle takes place in New York, full of civilians that Mercer can freely snack on due to the OP not specifying where the location of the fight takes place (and Carnage would not be able to take out all the Civilians fast enough before Mercer decides to either gain enough Biomass sufficient enough to give him the edge he needs to win the fight or if he decides to infect everything in the City due to Prototype 2 Mercer being used for being in a fight with Carnage, who is a Low 7C tier).

I can however accept that Carnage has an advantage against Mercer due to his Regenerationn not being as limited (as he doesn't seem to require a source to continuously sustain the speed of his Regenerationn).

Mercer ftra.
DeathNoodles said:
Verse Equalisation says that if he can absorb ordinary humans and the Blacklight Infected like the Evolved through physical contact, then he can do so to other characters that has not shown resistance to Absorbtion or Biological Manipulation
Do we have a page saying this? Isn't it pure logic?

With Standard Battle Assumption, Verse Equalisation implies that if one thing can interact with something in one setting, then it is assumed it can interact with something in an another setting, just as long as the thing getting affected doesn't show resistance to the kind of thing that it is being affected by.

Without Verse Equalisation, we get things like a Naruto character not being able to influence the character of an another setting through Chakra because that character doesn't have Chakra. In this case, without it, we get things like "Lol Mercer and James can't consume other lifeforms because they've only been shown to absorb humans, crows, and the Infected". Which would pretty much end up in a disaster.

So of course, you could say this is pure common sense.

Ugh... does Carnage even have a win condition though, here?

He can't possess or even touch alex from my understanding.

Carnage could physically beat Mercer into submission, but that'll be risky with Mercer's consume ability.

Attaining victory by luring Mercer out of the city in a place with no nearby biomass (depriving him of nearby Biomass sources), and beating Mercer into submission via using a large rock or boulder (or any inorganic object as a weapon) is possible. But even that's very difficult to do, and the fact that Mercer's consume ability could work on non-biological things, such as consuming the clothes (soldier clothes, which is mainly protected equipments like armour) of a soldier, and replicating their electronic devices. Giving Mercer Limited Matter Manipulation. Sure, Mercer would gain any biomass or benefits of absorbing a rock/boulder (or any inorganic objects), but it should be possible for him to absorb them with no benefits gained.

it's possible for Carnage to win, but it wouldn't be easy. It's probably a decisive loss in Carnage's favour.

I still don't know, he shouldn't know that the consume is even a thing and would probably just throw a punch and proceed to get absorbed.

I didn't say it was easy for Carnage to win in this fight, as I've stated it's a decisive loss for Carnage, but it wouldn't be a stomp as Carnage still has other ways to win. All the possible ways for Carnage to win just isn't easy to achieve for someone as psychotic as Carnage.

Edit: Perhaps when Carnage realises that Mercer is dangerous at close range upon seeing him absorbing a civilian, convincing Carnage that Mercer could potentially absorb him as well? I don't know.

I mean, it just sounds completely impossible and his methods to win are totally out of the question as per his character and knowledge of the situation, but I guess I'll throw a for reasons above.

DMUA said:
I mean, it just sounds completely impossible and his methods to win are totally out of the question as per his character and knowledge of the situation, but I guess I'll throw a for reasons above.
FRA for Mercer or Carnage? I'm asking, just in case.

Back