• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Alex Mercer (Prototype) vs Aya Brea (Parasite Eve)

Schnee One said:
What can Aya do to Alex
For start, it seen unlikely she would be able to use her Mitochondria control to Alex, since the Blacklight Virus converted his entire body into biomass, including his mitochondria as well.

Meaning she would be limited to use only abilities that relied to her own Mitochondria instead, which still give her several options in this fight, which are listed all here.

https://parasiteeve.fandom.com/wiki/Parasite_Energy

https://parasiteeve.fandom.com/wiki/Over_Energy

She can scan Alex for weakness, heal herself, create forcefields, boost her physical stats or her weapons, generate energy beams/explosions, generate fire or electric attacks (which is useful since Alex is vulnerable again electicity), generate shockwaves, resurrect, transform into her super form, immunize herself to toxin/disease.

None of this allows Aya to stand even a sliver of chance against Mercer though.

Her ability to cure herself of toxins/diseases is useless against the Blacklight Virus, especially due to the lack of feats of curing diseases of Blacklight's caliber (it can infect both living beings and inanimate objects, right down to their very molecules). Also, Electricity is not Mercer's weakness like Kryptonite is to Superman, he just isn't invulnerable to it (albeit he is actually a little less vulnerable to it compared to an ordinary human getting electrocuted anyways).

Also, viruses lacks Mitochondria by nature. Mercer is literally a sapient virus. Aya's Biological Manipulation is useless against from the start, and I recall even her Possession involves Mitochondria manipulation (so that's also ineffective). Also, her Scan ability isn't even in this fight as the abilities she possesses in PE2 and Third Birthday is different to what she has in PE1, though not like she can find any weaknesses from Mercer she can exploit anyways.

Even with Mercer's current placeholder AP/tier (he's likely going to get higher tier once the calcs for Mercer comes in, as the CRT for Mercer's later keys is still in-progress) and his Regenerationn being Low-High, Aya does not have anywhere near enough AP to get past his Regenerationn. Meanwhile, Mercer can just outhax her and kill her through Absorption via touch or infecting all of her molecules. Aya's Resurrection is ineffective as it does not have any evidence of allowing her to come back from the scale of hax that is either Mercer's Absorption or Disease hax.

Stomp.

DeathNoodles said:
Her ability to cure herself of toxins/diseases is useless against the Blacklight Virus, especially due to the lack of feats of curing diseases of Blacklight's caliber (it can infect both living beings and inanimate objects, right down to their very molecules). Also, Electricity is not Mercer's weakness like Kryptonite is to Superman, he just isn't invulnerable to it (albeit he is actually a little less vulnerable to it compared to an ordinary human getting electrocuted anyways).
True, but Alex would requid physical contact to infect her, which may be not as ease as you think.

Since Aya tend to fight at a distance with firearms and her powers rather than close combat like Alex, also her magnetic/energy forcefield could prevent her from becoming infected, Haste could also be very useful (since their speed is equalized) as it would momentanery boost her speed.

He may not be weak again electicity, but he can still be affected by it.

DeathNoodles said:
Also, viruses lacks Mitochondria by nature. Mercer is literally a sapient virus. Aya's Biological Manipulation is useless against from the start, and I recall even her Possession involves Mitochondria manipulation (so that's also ineffective). Also, her Scan ability isn't even in this fight as the abilities she possesses in PE2 and Third Birthday is different to what she has in PE1, though not like she can find any weaknesses from Mercer she can exploit anyways.
Like i say, i also do think that her Mitochondria control would be limited to her own.

The Thread say that Aya has access to all abilities/powers from all the games, so yes she can use Scan.

DeathNoodles said:
Even with Mercer's current placeholder AP/tier (he's likely going to get higher tier once the calcs for Mercer comes in, as the CRT for Mercer's later keys is still in-progress) and his Regenerationn being Low-High, Aya does not have anywhere near enough AP to get past his Regenerationn. Meanwhile, Mercer can just outhax her and kill her through Absorption via touch or infecting all of her molecules. Aya's Resurrection is ineffective as it does not have any evidence of allowing her to come back from the scale of hax that is either Mercer's Absorption or Disease hax.
The feat is most likely going to be anywhere from Small Building level to Building level, so it may upgrade him or not, it all depend by the actual calc, anyway it is irrilevant for the current thread.

I wouldn't be that sure, Aya's AP is still high enough that she can vaporize her enemies with her Pyrokinesis, and she has able to fight and defeat superpowered mutants like Eve or the Ultimate Begin, monsters who scale above creatures like the Giant Slime Monster (who can collapse a portion of the sewer, casually destroy attack helicopters and fighter jets and could grew to the size of the Statue of Liberty).

@Stefano4444

He doesn't need to make contact with her to infect her (that's mainly for his Absorption, though that can be extended through his tendrils so he's probably not limited by merely arms length for his Absorption anyways). The Prototype 2 version of Mercer has a goal of infecting humanity and replacing them, and has been shown to be the direct cause of the second outbreak in Prototype 2 along with causing the civilians/soldiers in the public to get infected by viral gasses. This means that this Mercer would unleash gasses on Aya and infect her at around the beginning of the fight, and these gasses has been shown to cover the entirety of Penn Station and infect people around it in Prototype 2 the moment it was unleashed (I think it was estimated that the distance of the entire Penn Station is 200 meters somewhere, so that should be the range of the gasses from what I can see). Also, unquantifiable statistical stat amplifications with no particular values are not really reliable for Versus matches in this site, so there's no grantee that these boosts (like Haste) would provide any notable advantage to Aya outside of gameplay mechanics (for all we know, it could just be a mere 5% speed boost or even less).

>He may not be weak again electicity, but he can still be affected by it.

Which would do no more damage than any other of Aya's attacks as he is not particularly weak to it than any other attacks.

>The Thread say that Aya has access to all abilities/powers from all the games, so yes she can use Scan.

I don't know why you would give Aya access to all of her abilities when Aya explicitly has different powersets from PE1 to PE2/Third Birthday, which Aya's profile has reflected as such, so you would basically be non-canonically giving Aya every single abilities in her arsenal and make this thread no longer be able to get added to both of the characters' profiles, but alright then.

>The feat is most likely going to be anywhere from Small Building level to Building level, so it may upgrade him or not, it all depend by the actual calc, anyway it is irrilevant for the current thread.

The calc is relevant for this thread as Aya is likely not going to go beyond 9-A for her feats, while Mercer's calcs has a likely possibility of being bumped beyond the 9-A tier if the calcs has good enough results, but whatever.

>I wouldn't be that sure, Aya's AP is still high enough that she can vaporize her enemies with her Pyrokinesis, and she has able to fight and defeat superpowered mutants like Eve or the Ultimate Begin, monsters who scale above creatures like the Giant Slime Monster (who can collapse a portion of the sewer, casually destroy attack helicopters and fighter jets and could grew to the size of the Statue of Liberty).

Aya's justification for her AP in PE2 is through a vaporisation calc of human bodies. We don't even know if the creatures she has vapourised has the same body components as humans (nevermind the fact if many of them actually has feats of being far superior to humans in durability), so the best she's getting is human vapourisation. That is nowhere near enough to vapourise a 9-A target such as Mercer if we even assume that Vapourisation via higher AP applies here (though we do not have any exact calcs to estimate the vapourisation/atomisation of superhuman characters), especially seeing as the energy it takes to vapourise a human is actually millions of times greater than their durability. Assuming that this same ratio somehow applies for the vapourisation of human characters, Aya would still not have anywhere near enough AP to vapourise Mercer as she is in the same AP range as he is currently.

Also, I'm pretty sure the Giant Slime Monster was regarded as a creature whose presence requires the Statue of Liberty to support their size and is regarded as no more than 9-A at best in that one Parasite Eve thread, so I doubt any of these feats go beyond 9-A when the best we've seen it do is destroy small buildings. Either way, Aya is not vapourising an another 9-A character with AP alone, and she does not have what it takes to get past Mercer's Regenerationn.

No matter how I think of this match, this is a stomp in Mercer's favour.

DeathNoodles said:
I don't know why you would give Aya access to all of her abilities when Aya explicitly has different powersets from PE1 to PE2/Third Birthday, which Aya's profile has reflected as such, so you would basically be non-canonically giving Aya every single abilities in her arsenal and make this thread no longer be able to get added to both of the characters' profiles, but alright then.
Since it was stated that the powersets from PE1 and PE2 is no longer the same? I can see this be valid for Third Birthday at most, but not with PE2.

Yes, she doesn't have the same abilities and the magic system is different, but storywise she is still using Parasite Energy like in the first game, unlike with Third Birthday where she use Over Energy, but even that the abilities show in the latter game are still canonical to the series (the difference is that they come from a different power source), unlike the Force Multipliers for Alex.

It would be like saying that Vincent Valentine's abilities show in Dirge of Cerberus are not canon, because the game doesn't have the same gameplay as FF7, but gameplay is not what make a game canon or not.

@Stefano4444

The Third Birthday explicitly has the protagonist who is actually Eve in disguise, not actually Aya, and the Third Birthday isn't even a canonical sequel from what I can see - it's a spin-off from what I can tell. You might be able to argue that PE2 Aya can possesses her powers from PE1, but her Third Birthday self possessing her previous PE1 abilities sounds like a stretch. If you want to argue that she still has the abilities she possesses previously, then whatever, I guess it isn't a complete impossibility.

My stance on this matchup being a stomp remains unchanged though. I doubt Aya's Scan ability would help her in anything other than figuring out how screwed she is and how little her chances against a being like Mercer is, based on the points I have established above.

(I'm going to bed. I'll probably get back to this later)

Back