• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Alex Mercer in Your Favorite Verse

XSOULOFCINDERX

They/Them
Taking a page out of Wright Way's book and stealing his idea.

Basically same as his Cole McGrath in your Favorite Verse thread.

Round 1: Alex Mercer literally the day after P1 ends so he doesn't act like his P2 self is thrust into your verse randomly.

Round 2: Same as above but he has to help the Main Character at the time succeed in their adventure/campaign/story/etc, then he can do whatever.

Round 3: Same as Round 1, but with P2 Mercer.

Round 4: redo all the rounds but with Force Multipliers and Prior Knowledge on the whole verse.

Speed Equalized or not is up to whether it'll be fair or not.

Should we also simulate all cases with speed unrestricted and with speed equalised?

most of my favorite verses stomp him to death in rounds 3-4

round 1,2

marvel: becomes a street level cleaner like punisher and deadpool

DC: becomes a redhood type anti hero

dark souls: gets yeeted by pyromancers

bloodborne: might become a great one (or goes insane trying to but thats unlikely)

gta: smashes all rounds ain't nothing in that verse stoping this man

bioshock: gets neet new power but other then that nothing is stopping him from steam rolling the verse in all the rounds

Cthulhu Mythos: heheeheh i don't even need to say anything

elder scrolls: eh any mage worth a lick of solt would oblitirate him

Aight I always enjoy these kinds of threads

Hokuto No Ke

R1: Considering the worst of mankind is on display Mercer prolly goes off the deep end again.

R2: He's joining Kenshiro on his journey here, he'd probably end up respecting Kenshiro after all is said and done. Probably after it travels the land blowing up bandits where he goes. I can see Mercer actually contending with the fighters of this verse besides the god tiers.if they can't handle the regen?

R3: Mercer makes the world even more worse, eventually he meets Ken who Muso Tensei's and erases em.

R4: Pretty much all of the above.

Dragon Ball

R1: He just wanders around and takes in the sights of the weird anthropomorphic Animal people, maybe runs into Goku & Co. If he hears about the Dragon Balls he's gonna want to see that shit just to see if it's actually true or not. Probably gets wasted by any competent Ki User later on, unless he abuses his consumption ability on a saiyan or something.

R2: Well now Team Goku is unstoppable for quite a while, especially after Alex sees how Ki is used and tries to Consume a Ki User. When Raditz Shows up, he's gonna get consumed, which kinda hampers Goku's progress a little bit, but gives Alex Access to Saiyan Biology which means he can probably abuse the Zenkai Boost without nearly dying due to controlling his own biologydown to the Molecular Level, which means Infinite Zenkai Boosts and literally no limit to his own power.

R3: Same as R2, but much sooner if he runs into Goku during early Dragon Ball or he might make him into an evolved or Infected, which doesn't end well for anyone seeing as Mercer would again abuse Saiyan Biology for Bullshit Power Gains.

R4: Same as the Above but even easier for him.

Mortal Kombat

R1: Mercer likely ends up getting involved with the events of the series one way or another. I can see him being a wild card of sorts considering it's him just after P1.

R2: So I'm just gonna assume it's him at the start of MK, so he'll be on Team Earthrealm for this. Likely does well in the tournaments though later on it becomes iffy, that said Alex will not be a team player I don't think. Still fighting for Earth might give him a purpose and something to believe in. Not to mention he'd be able to absorb his foes after beating them.

R3: Alex makes Earthrealm a real nightmare, Raiden and co step in and end him somehow.

R4: This gets even worse. Raiden probably goes Unrestricted and ends him. Worst case Shao Khan tells him he's a wimp.

Low Godly prolly says no to Mercer though so there is that. Speaking of souls I'll need to think about Soul Calibur next

Okay we're going with Soul Calibur

R1: Depends on when he gets jumped in, heck it could probably be during the evil seed thing that Mercer shows up. Probably wanders around wondering how he time travelled and then gets involved as a wild card.

R2: Again the title of protagonist varies a lot in Soul Calibur, you can argue its Kilik or Siegfried and no we don't count SCV for obvious reasons. I can see him being a good asset for the heroes, Kilik would probably be a good moral compass for him though.

R3: Mercer makes the world a really, really bad place. Soul Edge I've got no clue, Mercer has no soul but he can still be corrupted if he gets sent to Astral Chaos.

R4: See above

Puella Magi Verse

All rounds: eventually gets trapped in a barrier and becomes a plaything of a witch, in round 3 likely gets whished away by a girl wanting to stop the virus

Can you imagine a Nightmare possessing Mercer? He would never have to worry about his body getting Injured again.

You know what? I'm adding a new rule to Round 4 where he not only has Force Multipliers, but also Prior Knowledge on the Entire Verse.

One question: How to treat Alex Mercer when he was in a virtual world?

Like, Kazuto Kirigaya was playing Sword Art Online but he was playing as a game character Alex Mercer instead? Or Alex Mercer would be playing Sword Art Online as Kirito?

Darkest Dungeon

R1: Wanders near the hamlet, hard to say really. He might join up with the heroes considering he's got nothing else nearby.

R2: I assume he arrives at the hamlet with the heir and his group, considering madness hax is all over the place its not gonna end well for Mercer. But he'll likely do some work before he goes down.

R3: He probably just mucks over the entire hamlet, the Heart gets woke. The farmstead traps Alex across space and time etc.

R4: He gets nothing that saves him from the above I don't think.

It's Type 3. Basically the "Look at it and you go bonkers" type and also gassing the farmstead won't work as iirc it's basically got a mini lavos in it

Iirc Type 2 is but Type 3 isn't as that directly affects one's sanity. I'd wager Alex can resist Type 2 but you'd need direct feats for 3 I would imagine

Either way Mercer won't survive Darkest Dungeon but man him vs Ancestor was epic back in the day.

Sekien no Inganock

There's several places Mercer can act in due to the different locations of the verse Inganock is a part of, but this one seems to fit Mercer the closest to what I see...well I might add in the others but I'll stick with this one.

Keep in mind that I don't really know much about Mercer aside from old vids of the and Tv Tropes so bear with me on this one.

R1: With how much of a shit place of hell Inganock's been by the time the story takes place, I think Mercer would just lay low while trying to understand where and what the hell kind of place he got into. Depending on his actions and movement, he may end up running into the MC or a certain wandering murderer.

R2: He'll definitely fit into the oddball group of Gii's friends/associates given who and what he really is. Gii may also try to want to heal him if he checks up Mercer with his Right Eye but IDK if that'll agitate Mercer or not if Gii tries to "heal him". As an ally of sorts, Mercer really...can't do much against Critters cuz of their Abstract nature. But he can help with fighting out Fantasy Monsters and against Upper Tier Soldiers during one particular moment. I would say at the end of everything that happens, Mercer will come to respect Gii for trying to always lend a hand to everyone in the city.

R3: He'll just make Inganock even more of a hellhole place than it already is. His only opposition then is just Critters, Kikai, and Grimm=Grimm which he has no way of really ever be able to kill.

R4: Pretty much the same as above.

Jojo

R1: Depends on which part, if he's not at the right spot or time he could easily just not be a part of any of it really. Can't really say much here tbh but if he does get involved in parts he could be a wild card.

R2: Now this is more like it. He'd be a great asset to any Jojo, that said Part 2 would be interesting in particular with the Pillar Men. Plus Alex might somehow get a kickass stand so there's that. Would it be possible for him to learn hamon?

R3: Ouch, this is gonna get messy. He will likely take over the world in Part 1 and maybe Part 2. Part 3 and 4 is possible. Part 5 is where he hits a brick wall, he never reaches truth. The later parts are probably the same.

R4: He can do better but he still won't reach truth

Shikkoku no Sharnoth

R1: He's gonna be in London but not the London he would have gone to in his time. Nothing really much except get into knowing where he is while looking like an odd one in the city. At some point he'll run into a Meta=Critter and despite possessing the similar name, it's not like the Critters of Inganock. Still, their nature as fantasy beings born from human thoughts and being unable to be harmed conventionally means they have some kind of intangible existence which on top of them having some kind of fear/terror hax might make them difficult for Alex to escape them even if he's stronger and durable than them. Ofc then there's the matter of being monitored by Moran and M...

R2: He'll be that awkward aquintance of Mary, going along with her everyday life while also dealing with the Meta=Critters if he also gets sucked into Sharnoth during the minigame portions. Though given he's sorta good still, he at least won't get eaten by M as some strange snack like how he eats up the Meta=Critters...assuming M either isn't interested in him or doesn't find him as an obstacle to his plans to bring Sharnoth to the world.

R3: Becoming a threat to London as he is will definitely make him one of the top gossips on earth. Though he's more than likely to get killed by M and Moran, or just M really, just for being a pain in the ass to his Sharnoth plan. Especially if Mercer ends up getting to Mary and all.

R4: Same as above. Much stronger and faster and more abilities, but will still be nothing next to M.

World of Darkness

R1: Probably wanders around, goes off the deep end and then dies

R2: Well the main protag is up for debate considering this verse is tabletop and that. I guess he could be a companion of Caine? Either way he gets yeeted as I doubt absorbing a mage is gonna work, if it does feel free to correct me.

R3: Mercer causes so much havoc that the city he is in will have all supernatural communities banding together to hose his sorry butt.

R4: Same as above, though he might be approached by the Tizimice clan who are keen to learn about him and vice versa

InFAMOUS

Round 1: He will likely try to help humanity by assisting Cold in either helping the city like in 1 and troes to defeat the Beast in 2, Im unsure how this Alex would react to Beast trying to save humanity his own way though.

2. Same as above only he chooses to help Cole at the end.

3: This Alex would easily do the opposite and try to either destroy everything 2 style or try to assist the Beast.

4: Changes nothing

I like how everyone forgets about the one force multiplier that just turns people around the player into zombies without you having to even touch them or anything. What would that be considered, Reality Warping? Because they don't go through the Infection animation for when they get exposed to Whitelight, they just instantly turn into Zombies.

Just before Cole sacrifices himself to end the beast I can just picture Alex speaking with him before it.

Alex: Cole, its the end isn't it?

Cole: Fraid so, do me a favour Alex. Keep the world alright for me.

Alex: Got it.......

Stillwinston said:
Just before Cole sacrifices himself to end the beast I can just picture Alex speaking with him before it.

Alex: Cole, its the end isn't it?

Cole: Fraid so, do me a favour Alex. Keep the world alright for me.

Alex: Got it.......
Prototype 2 happens

Cole: You had one job. One. Job.

Hmm well, overlords an intersting verse for him, several of the realm of heros characters are above him in ap but don't have much in the way of abilities to beat him. I honestly see alex keeping to himself round 1/2 he'll probably eat some ogres/other monsters, I suspect he might even try to hunt down a dragon just to see what he can get from them.

Saying that he hits a hard cap due to hax and magic not being a genetic trait he can just steal. With his regen and absorbtion he should make it to the peak of the realm of heros but the second he runs into ainz or any of the other denizens of nazerick I don't see this going well. Outside their massive ap advantage ainz and co bring a good deal of hax to bear I doubt alex can deal with...

Not much changes with force multipliers as ainz isn't exactly a close qaurters fighter. WIth prior knowledge alex knows where not to go and who's toes not to step on, I see him robbing several admantite teams and flying away in red drops gundam power suit.

Honestly best bet for alex round one and two is probably trying to hook up with ainz and swearing his loyalty, his orgins and abilities will at the very least interest ainz and I could see him keeping alex on as a subordinate.

round three and four alex tries to infect the world and again hits a hard cap, only now ainz gets to claim the credit for defeating the evil plauge bearing monster.

With prior knowledge I give alex better odds, he knows where to step and that he needs to play the long con...still even with that Im not sure he has the means to do it...

Considering both died in Part 2

Cole: What did I say?!

Alex: Hey did you see the kickass powers Heller got?! Can you say that about Delsin?

Cole: Bruh.......

Also it would be pretty funny with Mercer and Ainz and Co, considering their attires and Mercer looks like a pale and sick guy off the street lol. XD

Assassin's Creed: Everyone gets assimilated no matter which version or round you choose. The end.

Yakuza: Same as above

Hokuto no Ken: Musou Tensei GGWP

Witcher: Djinn wishes Alex away with High 6-A storm GGWP

Ourai no Gahkthun

Same case of being in Europe like Sharnoth but instead of London, he's in France...or well, an island off the coast of France.

R1: Pretty much the same as Inganock and London (Sharnoth). Goes on the down low, figuring out his whereabouts and what to do. Even if he doesn't quite do anything, sightings of him will likely rose up shortly after and he'll end up being confronted by the school's Disciplinary Police or even one of the council members or Tesla himself no less. Whether that leads to a fight or not depends on the interaction, but it might be so depending on either sides way in the encounter.

R2: Becomes the odd-one out of the MC's group of friends/acquaintances just like in Inganock and London. Should he join up in any major fight, it'll practically be a stomp for his and Tesla's favors, although he'll want to try not to kill their opponents since that's what Tesla is there for in the VN. As long as he does that, he'll be on Tesla and even Neon's good side. Although he really won't be much of help against GK as he'll get atomized right away. But if he's not present for that but helps out with everyone on the island during the chaos that would have had everyone atomized, then he survives and goes on his way while respecting Tesla's work just like with Gii and even Mary for their respective parts.

R3: Same as the last two VN's but this one is where he might actually be able to pull off, since there's not quite anything except Nightingale with her Critters and Tesla (on his good day) being able to stop him. GK might also come in as well if it means for him to have Mercer not get in the way of his plan (although considering Mercer could also just kill Tesla and any and everyone else on the island that could potentially bring him back to the world, GK might not even have to interfere). Should he manage to get everyone under his control and of the island, then he can go on to the other parts of the world. But that's also where he'll get various armies and likely secret societies come into the play, of which he may or may not also succeed in that.

R4: Not much is changed for here, except the Force Multipliers likely gives him a better shot at ruling over or destroy the world on this one.

Funnily enough, he might even have this world put into such chaos to have Edison look on in amusement (to anyone curious about this, Edison is one of the Nyar's of this world and acts pretty much like classic Mythos Nyar would). Probably even get picked by Edison and dropped onto other worlds for Mercer to bring to ruin and chaos.

Stillwinston said:
considering their attires and Mercer looks like a pale and sick guy off the street lol. XD
Aside from the complexion and hooded attire, Alex Mercer is actually portrayed to be have a physically attractive appearance in-verse (albeit vaguely at that) ironically. Just saying.

Back