• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Albert Wesker vs Dio Brando

Does Wesker have anyway out of Dio's eyes? If not, Dio just hypnotizes Wesker and Wesker becomes his personal punching bag, as people hypnotized by Dio swear complete loyalty so I doubt he would fight back.

I know wesker dealt with viruses and parasitic pathogens that causes hypnotism and such(theres like a lot of viruses that wesker resist/immune to that produces the same outcome). But if Dio is more of magical means than biological then probably yes. Else he would adapt to it and gain immunity.

How does dio hypnotism works since i only remember his cells mind controlling people and turning them into superhuman vampire
👁️ Gimme a good reason why it should.
No reason i just like the idea of wesker swimming in a volcano again before dying

I think its 3 or 4 for Dio Brando. Me, DaReaperMan, James, and potentially TheGreatJedi, depending on what they meant by "i just like the idea of wesker swimming in a volcano again before dying"

Wesker could resist hypnosis but unless the virus of his tentacles acts near instantly, he just can´t do anything to Flash freeze

Weirdly, Scorpion doesn't have any resistance towards ice hax 'sides his fire despite the fact that his (former) rival was literally a dude called Sub-Zero.

So Do I uh...vote Dio FRA or this thread gets changed to Dio vs Scorpion.

Edit: Dio FRA

I know wesker dealt with viruses and parasitic pathogens that causes hypnotism and such(theres like a lot of viruses that wesker resist/immune to that produces the same outcome). But if Dio is more of magical means than biological then probably yes. Else he would adapt to it and gain immunity.

How does dio hypnotism works since i only remember his cells mind controlling people and turning them into superhuman vampire

No reason i just like the idea of wesker swimming in a volcano again before dying
Are you voting for Dio?

Dio can win via numerous means.

Hypnosis: Wesker doesn't resist, and worse yet Zeppeli stated that the hypnosis was effective against those who were already evil particularly well.

Vapourizing Freeze: Wesker doesn't resist ice, and Wesker grappling or physically attacking Dio will allow Dio to freeze him on contact, nullifying any physical attack from Wesker except really quick ones, and even that isn't fool proof.

Stingy Eyes: Wesker will die if Dio decapitates him and won't anticipate eye lasers.

Meanwhile Wesker's gun is limited to useless against Dio's regeneration and his physical attacks are basically suicidal as described above. This seems like a stomp, but if not Dio certainly wins.

It doesn't help that Wesker is particularly fond of grabbing his enemies and even holding onto them for a few seconds monologuing or just silently gloating. If he does that to Dio, he'll be frozen and shattered before he can even start gloating.

Now for a different contest: Which one commits the overconfident monologuing villain trope worse? Wesker who points a gun at Chris' head after Chris has poisoned him, and then monologues until he gets interrupted, or Dio who stops time for a few seconds then spends most of those seconds boasting about his ability to stop time to an enemy who can't even hear him?

It doesn't help that Wesker is particularly fond of grabbing his enemies and even holding onto them for a few seconds monologuing or just silently gloating. If he does that to Dio, he'll be frozen and shattered before he can even start gloating.

Now for a different contest: Which one commits the overconfident monologuing villain trope worse? Wesker who points a gun at Chris' head after Chris has poisoned him, and then monologues until he gets interrupted, or Dio who stops time for a few seconds then spends most of those seconds boasting about his ability to stop time to an enemy who can't even hear him?
Wesker, Dio in part 3 is ridiculously ruthless and cautious, he only gloats in time stop because he can safely do so. Without reprimand

Wesker, Dio in part 3 is ridiculously ruthless and cautious, he only gloats in time stop because he can safely do so. Without reprimand
True, that was literally what I thought too, I just wanted to ask other people's thoughts rather than just tell mine. Admittedly Dio wasting his time stops is a weakness, and he proceeds with the assumption that he's invincible by default, but as soon as he thought of any reason to be concerned (Joseph's Hamon, Jotaro resisting the time stop) he became extremely cautious. Whereas Wesker did his aforementioned monologuing when already poisoned, a time when he should have been thinking "shit, this guy actually made me pretty sick, I have to get rid of him", and he's instead doing stupid things.

Now I think of it, outside of intentional parody villains like you'd find in Scary Movie or something, I don't think I know any villains who embody the overconfident monologuing villain trope better than Wesker. Wesker was wasting a chance to kill Chris so he could instead monologue at Chris, with blurry vision and unsteady coordination, and with Sheva, another dangerous enemy, nearby and outside his field of vision. That makes it far worse. And again, this is after they've overwhelmed him and injected him with poison.

Back