• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Akuma's island calc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
idk about that the calc i saw had him at 830 megatons which is just shy of High 7-A

simply put his alpha version is one of his earliest forms and his SFIII version is much stronger considering the bad ending isn't canon and therefore we don't know how powerful his true power would be if bison won, therefore SFIII ryu is better in every aspect from lifting a giant boulder to beating alex casually(and maybe him going toe to toe with akuma though i don't know where the feat is).

A bad ending doesn't mean it can't be used at all as it's even close to what Bison wanted to do in the canon of that game itself.

yeah but as i stated previously there were no specifics on how powerful and the bad ending never happened in canon, this is just stuff i've said before and i don't really see a good argument as to why we should use a non-cano ending for ryu.

Since this matter has become about how to treat the cannocity of the series perhaps you should make another thread to discuss it?

I would also recommend contacting some staff as this issue doesn't seem to be focused on the actual series but instead how to treat non cannon elements, an issue that is easier to understand and discuss without in depth knowledge on the series on the whole. This thread was focused on akuma's feats being recalced they have been all thats left is for them to be approved and applied.

i'll make the ryu CRT after the akuma revisons go through but yes we should stop getting off track and wait for the calc to be evaluated.

Absaddie said:
Honda's arcade ending also doesn't imply in any way he's stronger than Akuma does because he did something better than the island punch.
I talked this matter with you before, Honda having a mountain level feat compared to Akuma which is at the level it is majes the feat questionable, if you cant see his feat is large town, yet Honda way higher and its casual, its an outlier

I would still prefer if Alex could take a look at the Honda and Haggar feats, along with any others that are deemed relevant, and if we could all try to determine if any of them are reliable to scale from.

i think that should be handled after all this akuma stuff is finished so that we don't have to focus on two things at a time.

Yes, it seems like the calculation has been accepted.

It would be preferable if some other calc group member verifies this though.

He is busy IRL. It is better to ask somebody else.

BlackDarkness679 said:
Jasonsith didn't posted rge pixelscaled picture, so I don't know if there is a mistake with it or not.

But I can the part of: "It seems to be looked from E.Honda's head from an angle of 60 deg, 45 deg or 30 deg." is totally uncesessary, to find the size with the method that is used needs to be like I did here, finding the angle regarding the object itself, not Honda's heads and stuff like that.

I could say more stuff about the calc because there are some other things wrong, but that alone invalidates the calc if the angle of the meteor is different than those 60, 45 and 30, which by themself are only assumptions and not calculated ones that you need to do like I did with the tree in the calc I linked.

it seems everyone agrees with the calc including two calc members so should the akuma revisons get applied to the profiles that scale to him?(Gouken,Gen,Oro,Gill) or should we wait a bit longer?

I think that the results can probably be applied. Just remember to update the tier categories at the bottom of the pages as well.

Do any hierarchically lower Street Fighter characters have to be scaled down from this?

i don't think so the lower tiers are scaled from chun-li while the mid-tiers are scaled from ryu,really only the god tiers would be affected.

I meant if the low tiers or mid tiers have higher ratings, but alright then. That should probably be fine.

low tiers are low 7-C and mid tiers are 7-B so they wouldn't be affected to clarify. so akuma and the people who scale to him should be downgraded to 7-B.

Maybe they should be downgraded to "At least 7-B" instead then, given that they are stronger than the others?

Akuma's supporting feat should probably also be mentioned somewhere.

The pen or the sword said:
We still need to talk about the noncannon ending and it's scaling but thats for another thread...
already got the CRT written just waiting for the akuma stuff to be done and then i'll link it here.

@ant

yeah they should have "at least 7-B likely far higher"

maybe a note for the supporting feat?

"Likely higher" should be enough.

A note is fine, yes.

would anyone be willing to apply the changes to the profiles? i only have really basic knowledge of source editing and i feel like i would mess up the pages and ant is overworked enough.

I will unlock his page. Tell me here when you are done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back