• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Akira calculation revision

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking at it again, these panels, it looks like we’re looking at 2 separate things happening. As we can see in the first of the two panels, the explosion looks like it is primarily dust and small rock particles. And in the next panel we can see that a large group of rocks are beginning to rise upwards separate from the initial blast. It looks like what’s actually happening here is that there was an initial blast tetsuo made to crater the moon, but right after tore out extra rocks to form the ring.

This explanation seemingly solves all the questions and checks all the reasons for what we see happening. It has sound reasoning based on what we see, and there’s no anti feats saying he can’t do it. It’s a perfectly reasonable explanation as to what’s happening.

it explains the difference in the sizes of the crater, it explains why we only see a little bit of the debris rain down to earth, and it explains why the ring formed without anyone actual reason for it to.
This doesn't change anything. There is no proof that the rocks are moving at escape velocity.

This doesn't change anything. There is no proof that the rocks are moving at escape velocity.
I’m not trying to say they are moving at escape velocity anymore. It’s entirely different. I’m talking about the speed of the debris in general, because they didn’t fall back down to the ground they must have had sufficient orbital velocity or tetsuo just moved them at a speed which has yet to be calculated.

I’m not trying to say they are moving at escape velocity anymore. It’s entirely different. I’m talking about the speed of the debris in general, because they didn’t fall back down to the ground they must have had sufficient orbital velocity or tetsuo just moved them at a speed which has yet to be calculated.
I don't really care about that. My main issue with this CRT was you trying to apply the second method. Now that you're not pushing for that anymore, I have nothing to say. I will leave it up to the people Ant @ed.

I don't really care about that. My main issue with this CRT was you trying to apply the second method. Now that you're not pushing for that anymore, I have nothing to say. I will leave it up to the people Ant @ed.
Does it make sense that he made the ring with the evidence I provided?

It's headcanon to say he made the ring without solid proof. We are not shown him pulling debris together to form the ring, so there is no reason to assume he created it.

The safer option is to go with what we already have.

It's headcanon to say he made the ring without solid proof. We are not shown him pulling debris together to form the ring, so there is no reason to assume he created it.
We do, I provided a panel in which we see a column of rocks rising for no reason, that was separate the the blast itself.
The safer option is to go with what we already have.
I mean, even if he didn’t create the ring, he still launched them fast enough for the debris to make a ring this big in only a 30 minutes-a few hours.

We do, I provided a panel in which we see a column of rocks rising for no reason, that was separate the the blast itself.
The column is rising because the gravity is much less, and the rocks were being sent upwards from the force of the explosion. It's not him floating the debris up.
I mean, even if he didn’t create the ring, he still launched them fast enough for the debris to make a ring this big in only a 30 minutes-a few hours.
Like I said, I do not care about what you calc. I care about the method and logistics of your calc. So far, all the different methods you've mentioned are flawed.

In order to find kinetic energy, you would need this supposed speed, which is next to impossible.
how so? We could calculate speed by seeing how fast it would need to be to encircle the moon in however long it took. Or we could just find orbital speed and pixel scale the distance to the ring.
The column is rising because the gravity is much less, and the rocks were being sent upwards from the force of the explosion. It's not him floating the debris up.
Except the explosion itself was already fading away, and even in the close up shot we don’t see that much rock flying upwards. Only after the explosion is disappearing do we see the rocks flying up.
Like I said, I do not care about what you calc. I care about the method and logistics of your calc. So far, all the different methods you've mentioned are flawed.
Ok

Except the explosion itself was already fading away, and even in the close up shot we don’t see that much rock flying upwards. Only after the explosion is disappearing do we see the rocks flying up
No matter what you say, it takes too much assumption to say that he created the ring, when we aren't shown it and there are 0 statements saying he created them AFAIK. There's no point in using this method.

No matter what you say, it takes too much assumption to say that he created the ring, when we aren't shown it and there are 0 statements saying he created them AFAIK. There's no point in using this method.
Ok then him creating the ring is null, but they still had enough velocity to encircle the moon pretty fast, which is actually quite fast.

Do you know the timeframe?
At most a few hours, considering his fans weren’t bored or angry and it was still night time. At the very least 15 minutes considering some time had passed though the crowd was still going crazy over what had happened to the moon by the time he returned.

This is the new argument I made so this should be evaluated if it can be.
Im not sure this is at all what is happening, but if it is, that shoots the second calc method dead as you are saying the ripped up rocks are separate from the initial blast. As for the rocks hitting earth, it is also just as likely he moved them there with him as next we see him choose to return to earth as lightning, so most likely tk'd the debris to earth's atmosphere and then turned to lightning to descend

Im not sure this is at all what is happening,
I mean, it looks like it, but if it wasn’t we can still calculate the speed of the debris because it entered orbit.
but if it is, that shoots the second calc method dead as you are saying the ripped up rocks are separate from the initial blast
I know. I’m aiming for accuracy and to me that’s what it looks like.
As for the rocks hitting earth, it is also just as likely he moved them there with him as next we see him choose to return to earth as lightning, so most likely tk'd the debris to earth's atmosphere and then turned to lightning to descend
That makes sense.

Not that it matter much anymore, but looking at the original calc, it uses V Frag, when it seems to be normal Frag. Updating it, the calc becomes 1.14 petatons.

Now I’m not the best at calculating and I don’t really know whether this would require pixel scaling or angsizing or whatever but here
And if this is correct it technically adds to proof he created the ring. It literally changes nothing about his stats and it explains how the rocks can move at escape velocity speeds but not leave the moons gravitational field. It also isn’t really that headcanon, it’s just how I interpreted the scene. It makes more sense to me that he ripped out the crater and used the debris to make a ring than a dissipating blast blowing 800 more km of rock into orbit.
Not that it matter much anymore, but looking at the original calc, it uses V Frag, when it seems to be normal Frag. Updating it, the calc becomes 1.14 petatons.
i mean I’m not even sure using those values would be correct because it seems more like tearing out the crater and not making an explosion. I personally believe using KE would be better in the end because he’s lifting these rocks and pushing them out(and even if it was an explosion it looks more like pulverization because it is mostly tuned into dust).

And mostly for review, my arguments have kind of been spread out far and wide. I want to reiterate all my points so I can make myself clear.

I personally believe Tetsuo made the ring around the moon for a number of reasons. Starting off, the difference in size between the two craters we see is one of over 800km. The “explosion” itself was disappearing at the time, shrinking in comparison to the crater it left behind. Just after that though, we see rocks fly up around the dissipating explosion and immediately after form a circle above the moons surface. Now this already brings us are first reason and second reason.

• The explosion was no longer destroying the moons surface, yet more rocks were torn out of it by an unknown force
  • Why would a ring begin immediately forming? Not only does this not make sense but also how could a ring form if the debris was shot straight up?
Moving forwards, in the same page we see Tetsuo riding the rubble looking down at Earth. We then see a fraction of the debris rain down to earth and Tetsuo comes along with it. Not even 10 pages later we see this panel, with the new crater and full ring. Now this brings us the 3rd and final 4th and 5th reason as to why I believe he made the ring.
  • How could a explosion that was disappearing after blowing 450km wide crater, then after magically create a 1300km wide crater? It doesn’t make any sense.
  • The ring itself isn’t even on the same tilt as the crater. It’s literally tilted opposite as the crater.
  • If the debris itself really was never touched and also never reached escapes velocity, it would’ve just fell down to the moons surface. Instead it somehow was shot straight up(not at escape velocity supposedly)changed its angle(not at escape velocity)and then formed a ring all the way around the moon that never fell back to it. This to me personally doesn’t make ANY sense.

So at the end, this explains how the debris can travel at speeds above escape velocity, but remain in orbit. It explains all the inconsistencies seen in the event, and itself matches the description of “tearing” a hole into the moon.

You could say that him making the crater is never explicitly mentioned, but neither is the ring, or the rocks that rained down to earth, it isn’t mentioned because it doesn’t change much however the crater is because it does change the story. You could say that we aren’t explicitly shown him creating the ring, there fore he didn’t, but using the context it really makes a lot of sense.

I am confused as to what you are asking. The mass is already there from ugariks calculation? All I did was find the speed and use KE.

Question on shot 2.

Why would the crater be on the larger side? On these types of calcs, you would find the average, 97.5km, if not much info is given on the crater.

Updating the results gives:

Low End of 4.30085468 km/s

Mid End of 8.60170937 km/s

High End of 17.2034187 km/s
Oh I just said it would be on the larger end because it looked a lot bigger than the others, but thank you.

Question on shot 2.

Why would the crater be on the larger side? On these types of calcs, you would find the average, 97.5km, if not much info is given on the crater.

Updating the results gives:

Low End of 4.30085468 km/s

Mid End of 8.60170937 km/s

High End of 17.2034187 km/s
If this calculation gets accepted and my new arguments are rejected than we can just use these values and calculate KE? If the math checks out then the debris were literally traveling at these speeds. And if all else fails, I’ll recalc the original feat and use pulverization instead of v.frag

Last edited:
Look, at some point you just have to rest your case, move on, and stop wasting other people's time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back