• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I for one, think this is a great matchup. Akame is cool and Nero is underused with cool powers so I like it.

Also nah screw Erza, I really love the character but she's insanely overused and you'd need to restrict her strongest armors to make the fight fair, which takes away the fun.

You want me to make some points for Akame or not?

Feel free to make them.

Trish I would prefer to be honest, also I said Erza was a more even match, not that I would prefer her because....Yeah.

ScarletFirefly said:
Also nah screw Erza, I really love the character but she's insanely overused and you'd need to restrict her strongest armors to make the fight fair, which takes away the fun
No you wouldn't, she'd High7C with her strongest armors.

WALL OF TEXT INCOMING

Okay then, I'm basing this on my own initial argument for Nero.

While Akame can probably kill him with her haxed blade, it's worthy to note that Nero's healing powers could prevent that.

I already established that this is extremely unlikely due to the nature of Murasame.

His sword, The Red Queen...

Yeah that's nice and all but here's the kicker. Red Queen may be longer and broader but that also makes it more sluggish in movement and less versatile when it comes to offense patterns. Akame has a smaller figure and is quite nimble making her harder to strike. Red Queen's Exceed system, while a good way to attack, revving it up takes time, time that Akame isn't gonna give you. And Nero's non-boosted sword attacks are gonna be weaker therefore giving Akame an even playing field. Yes the Red Queen does create shockwaves, but so does Akame. In the fight with Zank, she was sending stuff flying from clashing with him.

His revolver, Blue Rose...

While a good weapon, the revolver is mostly used for small damage and again the charge time is something that's likely to give Nero problems. Also need I remind you Akame can efficiently weave through machine gun fire effortlessly?

Another good thing Nero has is his devil arm, also known as Devil Bringer...

An over glorified grappling hand mostly. The argument that only Dante manages to dodge that is highly fallacious. As said above, Akame is quite agile so it's not gonna be a walk in the park grabbing her. And even if he does grab her, he risks quite a lot as Akame can just impale his arm right then and there, killing him instantly.

About all the Yamato crap

Yes it's a haxed sword, but Nero doesn't like to use it and certainly doesn't open with that. To my knowledge he didn't even use it's dimensional-slashing attacks, but whatever. Yamato vs Murasame is gonna be a skill matchup.

Akame is the best assassin in the AgK verse. Period. She has had a nightmarish training that has steeled not only her resolve to kill, but also her skills. If someone can say the same about Nero, please go ahead.

She's highly effective at erasing her presence, to the point the likes of Esdeath cannot feel it at all. The moment she's out of Nero's field of vision, it's quite the dangerous game he'll be playing.

He's cocky, a showoff, underestimates his opponent's and doesn't really like to take things seriously. Akame is the literal opposite, she means business and is in it for the kill since the beginning. Understimating her and fooling around will prove a fatal mistake.

Time to debunk said points. WALL OF TEXT RIGHT HERE.

Red Queen being sluggish in movement is just a weakness of using the sword, a weakness that Nero has long since overcome with his training, he's incredibly flexible with it whenever he's fighting demons and is especially good at using his other weapons to make up for the weaknesses, also DMC characters do not give a crap about whatever weakness a sword might have, in this same series a dude managed to beat a master Yamato wielder using a freaking broadsword, weaknesses don't hinder anyone in DMC at all.

The revolver itself isn't too impressive, but the homing swords it makes in Devil Trigger are the real kicker, those will follow Akame and upon contact, they'll explode, ending the fight.

Devil Bringer, to say Akame can impale the arm is wrong, Nero very frequently uses this thing on multiple occasions to block attacks, or god sakes he literally blocked a full on Stinger from Dante in the very beginning of the game, and uses it to block Rebellion in the boss fights, there is that Totally not an outlier, where Yamato pierced his arm but when you consider it ignores durability with spatial Manipulation and Nero was completely defenseless during that time, to say Akame can impale it doesn't make sense.

Nero DOES lead with Yamato though....It's the first sword he uses when he fights Dante in a rematch, it's the first sword he uses in both of the Savior fights, that's his weapon of choice by the time he gets it, show me a moment post Yamato where he doesn't have the thing out and ready, it's his weapon of choice by the time he gets it.

The second point is kinda meaningless, unless you believe Akame will do a stealth tactic in the forest which, she rarely ever does if at all.

Now about skill, Akame may be around Equal with Nero but let's just compare. Nero, completely trash stomps demons of the underworld multiple times in the game, and his former trainer, Credo he managed to defeat in his base form before he required Yamato or Devil Trigger.

In his second fight with Dante, Nero used Yamato's slash only once and Dante dodged it effortlessly. He then used it as a normal sword which Rebellion could block easily.

Training to overcome the weakness is irrelevant. The weakness is still there and Nero doesn't have much experience to begin with seeing as he's mostly slicing mindless demons half the time.

The revolver in Devil Trigger would be more of a problem, but as I said, Akame can dodge and weave through small stuff easily. And I seriously doubt the fight's gonna end if she's hit.

Yes Devil Bringer blocked Rebellion's strikes, but it should be noted Dante is ******* around at an unquantifiable amount, so extrapolating Devil Bringer's defensive power from there is dubious at best. With close stats, Akame just needs to strike his hand once or twice to break the skin and apply the curse.

I made my second point because Akame is not stupid. If she's out of Nero's field of vision, she essentially stop existing, he can't feel her anymore which allows her to strike blind spots more easily. A master assassin against a cocky brawler is not gonna end well.

Question....If Nero goes for a ranged grab and Akame dodges....Can't she scratch him? IIRC you can still hit it in it's astral form.

Yes half the time, just like Akame...You literally stated in your comment towards me that, and I quote "Has not battled anyone noteworthy except Esdeath".......Which I'm sorry, if you consider Wave, Kurome, Zank and many other's to not be note worthy, you're objectively wrong.

Thinking it over, aside from mindless demons, who has Nero fought that was noteworthy barring the Savior and an unserious Dante?

F-it, I'll vote for Akame, also Yang switched her vote.

I'll try to break this down point by point.

- I don't think this first point stands, as it's not known if his healing factor can, in fact, cancel out Murasame's poison. Also (and correct me if I'm wrong) I think Akame was still able to kill someone with an immunity to poisons.

- Red Queen does have an ability advantage, but I don't believe it being a bigger, broader sword is a viable advantage. Akame has gone up against and even defeated foes with "bigger" swords. Zank the Executioner even had two swords, and Akame pretty casually defeated him.

- Using Blue Rose in tandem with Red Queen could pose a challenge for Akame, but from afar, Akame will have no problem dodging. She's a pretty extreme bullet timer, having dodged gunfire from three machine guns at once in only the first chapter/episode.

- About the Devil Arm, Akame has dealt with foes that can stretch their limbs (though maybe not on the same level as Nero), but it's not anything she hasn't seen before and came out on top of.

- Also Devil Trigger is disabled for this match.

So all in all I think Akame counters a lot of his potential advantages by sheer experience. And of course there's the fact that Akame could take multiple hits from Nero, while Nero could only take one hit from Akame.

So I go with Akame.

I know you can hit his hand, but as long as his arm is concerned, I dunno if you can hit the astral blue thingy.

While I don't consider Wave as exceptionally worthy, he is better than the generic demons that offend your mother casually in DmC -_- Also I completely forgot about Kurome lol. Experience and skill is debatable but I'd say they are pretty close to each other.

You got me here, I haven't played DmC in a long time so I can't help with this. Didn't he battle Gloria? Or was that Dante? Can't remember.

Gargoyle One said:
What? Bruh, Gloria is Trish in discuss, she never fought either.
I know, I'm just saying I vaguely remember her fighting someone. Apparently not... Who the **** did Nero fight else ....

Rin Rokudo said:
How could you? :(
Lol sorry but Red > Black :)

Literally no one else aside from fodder demons, hell he LOST against the priest dude first time and his expierience are what kept him alive in the second fight.

Actually I think Devil Trigger is kind of an unfair advantage. Nero can use his power up, but Akame can't use hers? I know that'd make her exponentially stronger than Nero, but I think in that case Devil Trigger should be disabled.

Nero's power up is within the same tier unlike Akame's...

Okay that is kinda bullshit, but we're a little too far...

Anyway 6-3

Ah okay. Hmm, I think my vote still stays with Akame, but Devil Trigger will definitely cause her some problems. So I say mid-high difficulty with Devil Trigger involved.

Small yes.

I also never actually mentioned ANY of her fights in Zero, hold on a second.

1. She fought someone who could literally redirect any damage she took right back to the opponent, and had to slowly scratch this guy up overtime to weaken him while taking the pain, this is without Murasame.

2. She defeated Green in a sparring match, a dude who has a blade that can stretch and attack in multiple directions, again, no Murasame

So...The only person Nero has ever defeated that was worth a shit he needed his expirience in a previous fight to win, this won't apply here.....

I believe this was covered in the DMC3 manga.

Also, if it didn't have a set limit, we would always see DT active in game, multiple examples in DMC3 prove it isn't infinite.

ScarletFirefly said:
1. How did that ****** die first lol

About that 30 seconds thing, isn't that game mechanics?
Completely incapacitated and couldn't move, did a suicide bomb before he passed out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back