• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
No, I originally voted for Nero. Some people lost hope and started calling "stomp" for Akame and I presented those points just to prove she can actually win the fight. I'm still standing by my original argument.

Byakushiki Setsura said:
I vote for Akame due to Scarlet's and Gojira's reasons
As Scarlet said, he's standing by his original argumant and I didn't see Gojira to bring up any direct points why Akame should win.

RebubleUselet said:
As Scarlet said, he's standing by his original argumant and I didn't see Gojira to bring up any direct points why Akame should win.
Then read what I wrote those are my reasons.

Gojira1234 said:
Ah okay. Hmm, I think my vote still stays with Akame, but Devil Trigger will definitely cause her some problems. So I say mid-high difficulty with Devil Trigger involved.
That's what you said after countering Scarlet's points. But even If these counter arguments were supposed to be your reasoning, you still didn't explain why exactly Akame should win.

I did in my original post. My conclusion overall hasn't changed, it's just that when I initially wrote it, I thought Devil Trigger wasn't allowed. But since it is, I admitted it throw a wrench in things, but he stays within his tier, so my overall conclusion was Akame would still win.

Okay bullshit, to say Akame's sword breaks in contact with it is one of the worst NLFs I've ever seen, keep the wank out of here please.

You have to actively attempt to cut S/T with Yamato for it to actually do it. Which is why Rebellion, Red Queen, etc. don't get destroyed.

Yamato never came in contact with red Queen and rebellion is a Devil arm.

If it really can cut through Murasame, and if Akame so much as a trampling to block it gets her killed, then I retract what I said, this is a mismatch, because Yamato is basically an I win button Akame has no way around....

I mean, if he is using the spatial cutting powers, it should cut trough Murasame with no real issue

Kaltias said:
I mean, if he is using the spatial cutting powers, it should cut trough Murasame with no real issue
How does spatial Manipulation cut through a blade of Murasame's caliber?

Because spatial manipulation ignore durability. Either Yamato's is really bad, or it should be able to do it

Thinking it over, it does tend to cut through weapons on occasion, as it cuts right through scythes used by demons in multiple occasions.

However, if this truely is the case, then as much as I'd hate to bring this up yet again, but this is a mismatch if Akame's blade gets broken in contact with Yamato.

But I thought durability only meant the durability of the character not the weapon.

RebubleUselet said:
Yeah, I just realized how dumb it sounds, no need to tell me that.

Actually, after re-watching both of their profiles, I'm starting to think that with speed equalized and Nero and Akame having the exact same amout of stamina, this is a stalemate. But since it's Nero's first proper match up, I would really like to see him win...

Ah, screw it, changing my vote to Inconclusive.
It's back to 7-5 then. So far inconclusive

I myself consider an inconclusive to be a small win to both characters if they tie with someone strong, obviously not as much as a win but you get my point.

Nah, spatial manipulation works on weapons. Durability negation trough death manip, soul hax and the likes obviously doesn't, but trough spatial manip, void manip, atom hax etc does.

It's basically "it works against weapons unless it's obvious that it doesn't"

Well, seeing how things are turning out, I'd like to change my vote back to Nero with the same points minus Yamato cutting through Murasame (since I'm still not sure about that one)

Also, sorry for my inablity to vote properly. That's just me fighting with my bias towards my favourite characters.

@Rebuble

There is no problem in changing votes. And the fact that you are debating properly instead of simply leaving a "Nero for reasons above" is already proof in itself that you aren't acting biased.

I'll leave it to Scarlet to make the call, if so much as blade clashing with Yamato either kills her or eliminates her only weapon, then I retract what I said, this IS a mismatch....

If Rebellion could block Yamato, Murasame can as well. Either Nero doesn't bother using Yamato's powers, or the power itself is wanked.

Akame. Getting slashed by her looks more likely to me than him hitting her several times enough to kill her. Also Gojira makes fair points.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back