• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah Cmon son, you can't tell me Vergil doesn't have the hair that all men should aspire to have.

Gargoyle One said:
Lol

Anyway, I'm gonna paste again the argument I voted for because it kinda got lost in all...this.

ScarletFirefly said:
I don't see Akame winning this personally. While Akame can probably kill him with her haxed blade, it's worthy to note that Nero's healing powers could prevent that.

Not only does Nero hold the power advantage in this fight due to superior stats, he also holds the versatility advantage. Things get worse if Nero decides to use DT to screw her over.

His sword, The Red Queen, is much longer and broader compared to Murasame, therefore granting Nero a clear advantage when it comes to swordplay. Not only that, but the sword can also create quite the shockwaves. It's Exceed system will also increase it's range by pumping some sort of flaming fuel to it, leaving Akame even more outmatched.

His revolver, Blue Rose, allows him to deal good damage from afar. Considering Nero can imbue his demonic power into the Revolver, the weapon's projectiles create igniting flames as they travel and could be used to limit Akame's moving space, at least for a while. It's interesting to note as well that Blue Rose launches two rounds every time it fires, so blocking both would be more difficult.

Nero is quite adept at using both Red Queen and Blue Rose interchangeably so Akame will find it pretty hard to break his defense without getting hit.

Another good thing Nero has is his devil arm, also known as Devil Bringer. This allows him to extend his right arm to reach greater distances and grab enemies and or structures. He can use this to potentially disarm Akame from afar or, considering the battle environment, to give himself an added mobility moving through the terrain with it.

While in Devil Trigger, his stats are amplified and he summons a demonic aura behind himself that can attack enemies (similar to Susano'o from Naruto). While in this mode ever time he fires his revolver, he creates ethereal swrods that are launched towards the enemy.

All in all, Nero takes this because of versatility and combat advantage due to better equipment.

I still stand by that this is a stomp due to Nero having better....Everything, and he fact that he has instant win arm that makes Murasame look like a joke.

Also, Murasame is a complete joke compared to Yamato.

b-b-ut you're not gil or breinhard unless you are either in disguise *conspiracy thiccens* (i can't help it i'm sorry)

ScarletFirefly said:
Stop it, or I swear to god, I'll pull out SBA and beat you with it.
HA This pathetic fool believes he can pull the greatest tresure of Gilgamesh himself?! HA! I await the arrival of his majesty and punish you personally!

Umm......what happened to this thread......

Anyway I go to Nero via better range with Blue Rose and Yamato alongside it's dimension cutting ability and can he do Judgement Cut and Ricochet? I haven't played for a while.

Hst master said:
Umm......what happened to this thread......
Anyway I go to Nero via better range with Blue Rose and Yamato alongside it's dimension cutting ability and can he do Judgement Cut and Ricochet? I haven't played for a while.
Yeah...

I don't remember Nero using Judgement Cut, iirc that's Vergil's move only. I don't remember what's Ricochet though :(

IIRC, Ricochet is DMC Reboot Dante's ability, not Nero's.

BTW, i'm also giving a vote to Nero due to his range advantage.

Nero uses Drive type techniques outside of Devil Trigger with Yamato as shown in the cutscenes before the Savior fight.

Also, Nero only having Yamato in DT is game mechanics, as he has consistently used it without Devil Trigger.

Akame has nothing she can do to Nero here. He has the the advantages meanwhile Akame has none. I have serious doubts of The Murasame affecting Nero due to his regen. He has a massive range advantage, skill advantage, versatility advantage and has the AP and Durability advantage. This is a stomp imo.

Everything Akame can do, Nero does better, and Yamato is basically a more haxed version of Murasame, which contrary to gameplay, Nero can use without DT and can use it's ranged attacks.

Akame's one trump card is an inferior version of Yamato and Nero has plenty of other weapons aside from that. Also, Nero has fought a master sword fighter in the form of Credo and trashed him in Base without Yamato or DT.

If this gets added, I'll be amazed.

Exactly my point. There's a clear difference between a decisive victory and a stomp. This match is a '''stomp''' in favor of Nero. Akame can't do anything to him.

Ok, I seriously have to address Akame's recurring problem with matchups.

• First of all, speed. I've seen this argument get thrown around in the form of "It's pointless to equalize speed because she relies heavily on it". She does not, at all. She has one of the most haxed swords in existence, especially for her tier, a scratch and you're dead.
  • Second, the poison. It's extremely speculative to say that Nero can regen the damage it causes because as was mentioned before the poison stops the heart. And don't bring me Tatsumi recovering from it because that was a bonafide bullshit moment. Even if he can, tough shit for Akame. Not only that, but we don't call matches with regenerating characters a stomp, and most of Ryuko's matchups are proof of this.
  • Third, Akame in general. Akame is on of those characters that either kills easily or is "outmatched" (see here) How is it any fair for her opponent's if one scratch is all it takes? The recurring argument for this is "well it's a fight, he's bound to get scratched eventually". While that is an "okay" argument, it's extremely repetitive and by it's virtue, literally every Akame machtup would end that way. Which absolutely should not be the case.
  • Fourth, please stop with the switching sides. First there was "Akame is better than Nero in everything except stats", now it's "Nero godstomps the poor thing".
Akame matchups are either she scratches and the opponent dies, or poison doesn't work and cue people calling stomp. Akame is not a one-trick pony, but this kind of debating certainly is.

They have comparable stats, debatable experience and debatable skills. Not to mention the whole poison thing which is also debatable. But if you people actually bothered to create an argument for her instead of jumping ship and calling stomp, you'd see that. Calling stomp in every Akame matchup because the opponent is more skilled or has better weaponry is just being bitter.

I'm sorry if this came off as harsh, but this needs to be addressed as it is not the first time her matchups go in this direction.

She's one of my favorite characters, but you people really need to chill with the stomp calling, she's a weird case, deal with it and learn to take the L once in a while.

Actually for the purpose of this match, Murasame=Yamato because the former can kill with a scratch and the latter could cut Murasame in half (due to spatial manip).

Surviving your heart stopping its more along the lines of type 2 immortality than regen, unless you start going into very high level of Regenerationn.

There is also the fact that as Scarlet said, Akame doesn't loses instantly if Murasame doesn't work.

Also the point is, stomp matches are the matches where you look at the pages and you are like "there is no way in hell this character can win". If debate is needed, then it's not a stomp

Rin Rokudo said:
Ah man, what has this come to :( If people are getting upset, I could remove the match :(
No, don't. We don't negotiate with terrorists joking, don't kill me

For real though, if you guys are still convinced this is still a stomp, by all means, come and let's talk. I'll even play the devil's advocate just to show there's arguments to be made.

Nah I'm lazy af and headed to bed. But yeah I guess you have a point so this isn't a stomp. Perhaps my bias was getting the best of me and I can openly admit that.

Fair enough. I will still make sure this remains open for some more time in case you, or anyone else, wants to debate this.

Kaltias you missed my point.

I'm arguing how Yamato itself, is basically a better version of Murasame which it is, both ignore durability and to Murasame's credit it only needs a scratch while Yamato needs a semi decent strike....That's where it stops.

While not nearly as good with Yamato as Vergil once was, Nero still has many techniques with it, such as combining it with red queen to do a drive like attack, doing single blade beams which he can do in cutscenes without Devil Trigger as shown in the Savior fight. Also worth nothing he can make multiple blade beams from once at a distance as shown when he freed Kyrie.

That's her one weapon beaten out by Nero, if this was the only thing, I'd be okay with this, but it's not.

Red Queen Scarlet already pointed out.

Devil Bringer is basically an I WIN button, the moment he grabs Akame, just slams her in the ground twice and it's over, not like she can dodge when the only one shown to do it was Dante who as Boomeyang explained is>>>>>Akame (All of AGK for that matter)

There is no way in hell she can win here. This simple.

Now on to Scarlett points.

1. I myself don't have a problem with speed, but to say she doesn't when it's literally stated she's using her speed while fighting Wave is well...Yeah, but whatever, disregard it's the least important and wasn't even brought up here.

2. This is irrelevant here, but Ryuko matchups have been closed on multiple occasions, hell there was one deemed a stomp less then a week ago. Ban is another example of a matchup being closed because the poison doesn't work, to say their proof we don't deem a match a stomp if the poison doesn't work is incorrect.

3. Okay this I agree, Akame is generally a pretty boring character to debate, either X opponent is much more skilled and defeated her or will eventually get scratched, the former is okay for a loss, when said character isn't so insanely versatile and has a weapon that does everything Akame can but better, I myself was the one to get the Assasin match added. And I wonder why the OP didn't go with Erza or Kurome or Suifon or anyone who matches his stats with other stuff.

4. Too my credit, it was very early in the morning when I typed that comment and I didn't consider many of Nero's abilities, hell I forget he had DT and Yamato as I read it as only in Base form. But I agree.

I'm making my point but this gets added, whatever.

Okay then, apparently Gargoyle is still in the game. Hold tight then while I make my points. I will debate in favor of Akame now, just for the heck of it.

I just want to prove Akame is not as boring and one dimensional as you guys are making her look like :( And if you tried, she could actually have won this match. While she's not exactly the poster girl for versatility, she's still really cool and a good waifu

Maybe it's just me, because I'm getting bored of Akame appearing over and over and over and over and over, when we have literally 3 other 7Cs in AGK worth using aside from her, and many others in other series, hell Erza would have been a better match, then you don't need to Equalize speed and have a character in the same tier as each other.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back