• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Aizen regen downgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
How exactly does the Hogyoku regen work?each stage of his evolution regenerated in a different way.And to say he isn't crumbling away is completely dishonest because he is clearly crumbling away.How can you sit there and say he isn't crumbling away?

QJ7j5UN

@Sigurd right, cause the scene where we CLEARLY SEE him being bisected in the aftermatch proves that he was just crumbling away rather than just getting cut vertically by a powerful attack.

That could easily be his wings are disintegrating because the Hogyoku is rejecting him, and reverting him into his Shinigami self.

He still has the bisection cut from Ichigo.

Warren Valion said:
This is also another point against this.

If Aizen had Low-Godly regen, this cut from Ichigo would've been healed quite instantly. Immediately a few seconds to say the least.

Obviously Aizens regen is much better than that but Low-Godly regeners don't leave cuts and scrapes behind.

Warren Valion said:
That could easily be his wings are disintegrating because the Hogyoku is rejecting him, and reverting him into his Shinigami self.
You do know he evolved even further right? it's how he became one with KS.He was literally getting stronger while sealed.

Not immediately.

Ichigo's attack weakens him to the point where Kisuke's sealing Kido was able to work, and returns him to his human-like appearance. He clearly got weaker.

The Hogyoku also left him immortal after rejecting him, so it obviously had some aftereffects on Aizen.

This is also another point against this.

If Aizen had Low-Godly regen, this cut from Ichigo would've been healed quite instantly. Immediately a few seconds to say the least.

Obviously Aizens regen is much better than that but Low-Godly regeners don't leave cuts and scrapes behind.

Not really.

Just because you can regenerate your soul does not mean your Regenerationn has to be quick. It can still be slower yet applicable.

The Beast (InFAMOUS) is more then capable of regening his body from atomization, but it takes time to regenerate his eye

Maybe but for an entire fight it not healing or showing any indication of healing?

At that point, it's either the regen is not applicable for combat or Aizen's is slow enough to make snails look like sprinters.

Plus, higher Regenerationn users should most definitely be able to regenerate such low-level injuries immediately even if they're best level Regenerationn takes time. So for instance, even if someone takes time to use their mid-godly regen, they should definitely be able to quickly heal a cut or a scrape almost instantly as its an injury ridiculously below their Regenerationn paygrade.

He was literally evolving,he merged with KS and even compared himself to the fusion of Ichigo and Zangetsu .His appearance changed but he still kept all of the passive traits.The Novel even implies he wasn't even actually sealed by that hado spell.But Kisuke cut Aura off from spilling the beans.

Urahara then began chanting,

"Beyond the limit of a thousand arms that cannot reach the darkness; hands that reflect the heavenly archer; the path that basks in light; the wind that fuels the embers; do not be distracted; converge where my fingers point; bullets of light, bodies of eight; sinews of nine; scriptures of ten; diseased treasure, great wheel, grey turret; aim, bend the bow and brightly scatter. Hado number 91: Senju Koten Taiho!"

A group of light beams converged in front of Urahara, became a high-density barrage that flew towards the enemy. It was oddly similar to the Gran Rey Cero which Grimmjow had fired at exactly the same time in Soul Society.

Hisagi stared at the majestic sight in front of him; that of Urahara using a Hado of the 90's level along with the eisho-haki spirit chant. In terms of power, it was much greater than that of a Gran Rey Cero; such was the potency of a high-numbered Kido. But Urahara's breathing was ragged.

"Well, well, well.."

A shadowy figure emerged from the wreckage of the red and black smoke. Aura had on her usual smile.

"I see. So you manipulated the soul of the nitrogen in the air to create a solid barrier."

"It was quite troublesome, to tell you the truth."

Urahara observed Aura.

"So I would be correct in assuming that you received little to no significant damage?"

There were a few small scratches on her body and clothes. Her reiatsu, which was supposed to have been perfectly diluted, could now fall under Hisagi's reiatsu-perception radar. Furthermore, Hisagi could also detect a fluctuation akin to something close to exhaustion in her reiatsu. Hisagi judged that the woman in front of him was no longer how she had been earlier.

"I had to use this Kido in order to deal with someone on the level of Aizen Sosuke."

"It appears as though I had underestimated you Shinigami."

"The Kido did its job."

Urahara spoke lightly.

"That was a lie, wasn't it?"

Aura asked with a smile. Urahara remained silent.

"If you had given the Hogyoku to Kurosaki Ichigo, then things would have been different, right? But that was not the result you desired, was it?"

Hisagi did not follow their conversation. Urahara smiled a little, loneliness behind his eyes.

"Yes, I'm sorry, you got me there. If I had handed it to Kurosaki-san, something different might have been made of the Hogyoku."

"Urahara-san?"

Urahara did not hear Hisagi. He asked Aura,

"So how much do you know?"

"Urahara-san? Are you OK?"

Aura turned to Hisagi, who was standing, looking concerned about Urahara.

"He is a journalist, isn't he? I don't think we ought to talk about such matters in front of him."

"Just what are you talking about?"

For those who keep bringing up the Novel, can we actually start posting links to them please?

That way there's something to read and go off of so we know where its from. Mentioning implications from the novel....without actually posting links to said novel, aren't much to use.

Maybe but for an entire fight it not healing or showing any indication of healing?

At that point, it's either the regen is not applicable for combat or Aizen's is slow enough to make snails look like sprinters.

Plus, higher Regenerationn users should most definitely be able to regenerate such low-level injuries immediately even if they're best level Regenerationn takes time. So for instance, even if someone takes time to use their mid-godly regen, they should definitely be able to quickly heal a cut or a scrape almost instantly as its an injury ridiculously below their Regenerationn paygrade.

....Except it did regenerate his body like we said dozens of times

Except no it doesn't have too, Regenerationn is how much you can regenerate your body, not how fast it is.

If a character takes 30 minutes to heal an eye would but 45 minutes for his entire body, why would we ignore both?

The answer is we don't, hence my example, hence Aizen

The time it takes to regenerate is irrelevant.

What is relevant, is the fact that Aizen did not regenerate a completely new body. He didn't even regenerate the wound that was afflicted on him by Ichigo until after he crashed onto the ground.

Saying he created an entirely new body from nothing makes no sense in what was shown to us.

Yeah, Aizen wasn't getting weaker, the only thing that happened was that the Hogyoku was rejecting him. Aizen in fact got stronger since he fused with his Zanpakuto and we are told in the final arc that Aizen is even stronger now despite just having sat down for 18 months straight.

I don't know where Aizen getting stronger has to do with this though, but I will back up what Gargoyle said. The speed of the Regenerationn doesn't have to be instant for it to have it's tier, it just needs to meet the qualifications.

On top of this I'm noticing more confusion on things.

Aizen's regen and immortality is not based on the Hogyoku, he doesn't have it anymore, it's based on his Reiatsu. In my comment above I even provide information on this that it stems from his Reiatsu and Reiatsu stems from the soul... so it's not related to the Hogyoku.

Following this, for some reason we are just ignoring that Aizen is crumbling away and wasn't just bisected. He was cut in half and then crumbled away and wasn't visible in the following two scans afterwards. We see that his crumbling effect is similar to what Quincy do when they destroy Konpaku (Souls) and that he was hit by a Quincy composed attack.

With Mugetsu being Quincy based, it having the same effects as Quincy Konpaku (soul) destroying attacks, Aizen's Regenerationn isn't based on the Hogyoku, Aizen's Regenerationn is stemmed from his Reiatsu which stems from his actual Soul and Aizen wasn't getting weaker since we are told he's getting stronger.

It seems disingenuous that we would claim Aizen doesn't have Low-Godly because of him being two halves... when the two halves weren't visible in the previous two scans and when we saw that Aizen was crumbling and then no longer on scan and not visible in a scan where Mugetsu has already dissipated: https://i.imgur.com/m0crexP.png

Warren Valion said:
Saying he created an entirely new body from nothing makes no sense in what was shown to us.
Aizen's Regenerationn stems from his Reiatsu, it's not from nothing. The thing is that his Reiatsu stems from his real actual Soul as the Soul produces it. So you need to destroy Aizen's soul to stop the Regenerationn. Destroying the Konpaku (soul) is the equivalent of destroying the body per Bleach mechanics.

Warren Valion said:
The time it takes to regenerate is irrelevant.
What is relevant, is the fact that Aizen did not regenerate a completely new body. He didn't even regenerate the wound that was afflicted on him by Ichigo until after he crashed onto the ground.

Mmm...

IMadeThisOn8-1-2017 said:
Aizen's Regenerationn stems from his Reiatsu, it's not from nothing. The thing is that his Reiatsu stems from his real actual Soul as the Soul produces it. So you need to destroy Aizen's soul to stop the Regenerationn. Destroying the Konpaku (soul) is the equivalent of destroying the body per Bleach mechanics.
By nothing, I meant no matter (Reishi in this case). Not non-existence or completely nothing.

And what?

Aizen was able to be sealed after Mugetsu because he was weakened from the Hogyoku rejecting him, Kisuke states this.

And Aizen's immortality was a remnant ability from the Hogyoku that Aizen maintained even after it rejected him. The Hogyoku might not be the thing regenerating Aizen since it rejected him, but it is because of Aizen's temporary fusion with the Hogyoku that he obtained and retained the ability to regenerate in the first place.

Also, I did mention Aizen's dissolving. It is most likely his wings are dissolving because he is losing them when he returns to his human-like state after the Hogyoku rejects him. Notice how he doesn't have his wings after Mugetsu.

And all the shots in where you don't see Aizen are enormous landscape shots in where Aizen is likely being covered by the remnants of Mugetsu, which is like a skyscraper-sized energy attack that easily dwarfs human sizes.

The manga shows Aizen disintergrating (althouhh a bit harder to tell, but the anime clearly shows it.

This was the accepted conclusion of the last thread.

I've already explained this before but it keeps getting repeated.
Screenshot 2018-10-21-07-59-37
Screenshot 2018-10-21-08-00-11
Screenshot 2018-10-21-08-01-44
Screenshot 2018-10-21-08-02-10
Screenshot 2018-10-21-08-02-44
Screenshot 2018-10-21-08-03-10
From this scans,it shows aizen being cut then next he slowly disintegrates and turns into nothing.

As for the "his body was still intact
Screenshot 2018-10-21-08-05-12
Screenshot 2018-10-21-08-03-58

>The second to the last of the scan shows the body of aizen before,which is god form aizen,but the last scan shows a completely different body from what was shown before,after mugetsu hit him.which debunks the notion of his body still being in tact.A cut in half aizen wouldn't get a new body but still retain his normal body.

As for the" the next scan shows him regenerating a cut.

>It's certain logical that it was aizen's middle that took the most impact,and that's where the hogyoku was,so it's possible it would be the last place to regenerate. As an aizen being cut in half doesn't follow the criteria's that was shown above.

The only thing I have a problem with is the way the Regenerationn is portrayed.

Note: if I'm wrong, my bad.

Azien apparently gets his body erased. Yet it doesn't make sense that when we see him getting up after crashing, he's regenerating part of his upper body.

Where's the problem you ask?. Him falling is the problem. Your telling me that Aizen regenerated his legs and most of his upper body in the air very quickly but then for some reason he falls and crashes, then his body attempts to regenerate the last bit?.

It's just odd that he regenrate fine of screen but then for some reason falls when he's almost done he just let's gravity take him. It makes it seem like he wasn't completely destroyed, got his upper half split, fell and crashed, then tried to regenerate the damage.

Just my thoughts, not a Bleach expart so I'm likely wrong on how it was shown.

I fully agree with this downgrade, I was planning on making the thread myself eventually.

Just because an attack has Quincy properties does not mean it automatically destroys the soul.

If the downgrade goes through, then what would Aizen's Regenerationn be?

I think he regenerated from cellular death from Gin's Bankai's poison, right? It caused him to evolve again if I remember correctly.

Other than that I can't think of any notable feats. The only other Regenerationn feats, that I remember anyway, Aizen has is him regenerating from a few deep diagonal slashes from a sword.

Damage3245 said:
I fully agree with this downgrade, I was planning on making the thread myself eventually.

Just because an attack has Quincy properties does not mean it automatically destroys the soul.
I'm not sure that's the reason why.

I still don't see what the argument for the downgrade is as it seems to be entirely based on the fact that Aizen fell to the ground. As discussed above, a slow regen speed doesn't negate the tier of the Regenerationn.

Mugetsu is composed of Ichigo's Quincy Powers, this is extremely important given how Quincy Powers function. Quincies destroy souls, it's actually a severe issue that they are able to do this since we are repeatedly told that Quincies destroying souls upsets the balance of souls in the worlds.

The initial issue in the thread that gave Aizen Low-Godly was the belief that this was Mid-Godly. It was in that thread that the properties and mechanics of Bleach souls were finalized. To quote Matthew Schroeder from the thread that gave Aizen Low-Godly:

Well, the souls in Bleach aren't exactly incorporeal protoplasm or whatnot. They are molecules and cells, and they age and need to eat (The Shinigami at least), and they react to cold exactly the same as our particles do.

So it ain't exactly fair to give Mid-Godly to something that is so demonstrably physical in practically every way.

However, if Mugetsu does fully erase, then yeah Low-Godly seems fair.

Which is all true. Souls (Konpaku) and Spiritual Bodies in Bleach do function like real bodies when in the Spiritual World (Soul Society) or in Hueco Mundo or against other Souls. The difference is the interaction of a Soul (Konpaku) / Spiritual Body with non-spiritual things in the World of the Living.

Thus, as Matthew put it, the destruction of Aizen's Soul (Konpaku) by another Spiritual Being (Ichigo with Mugetsu) is seen as full body destruction given how Spiritual Bodies function like real bodies agaisnt other Spiritual Bodies.

What is also being left out is how Aizen's Regenerationn functions, many seem to be under the impression it is from the Hogyoku or biological. It is neither because Aizen's is based directly from his soul. Aizen's Regenerationn explicitly stems from his Reiatsu (Spiritual Pressure) still being produced through his heart. Reiatsu is the the pressure from one's Reiryoku... their spiritual energy made from their soul. Destroy the soul, you destroy the Reiryoku which turns off the Reiatsu being produced which kills him. Destroying the body does not turn off the Reiryoku and thus the Reiatsu is still being produced.

Warren Valion said:
If the downgrade goes through, then what would Aizen's Regenerationn be?
I think he regenerated from cellular death from Gin's Bankai's poison, right? It caused him to evolve again if I remember correctly.

Other than that I can't think of any notable feats. The only other Regenerationn feats, that I remember anyway, Aizen has is him regenerating from a few deep diagonal slashes from a sword.
As the OP said, Mid seems appropiate via the severe head wound. Anything beyond that does not fit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back