• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Adding a possible weakness to Echoes Dark Samus

I probably should have brought this up in the last thread I made on Dark Samus, since it involves the regen, but it kinda slipped my mind.

To clarify, this isn't about the actual regeneration, more how viable it is in a standard vs setting.

Essentially, Dark Samus could survive the events of Dark Aether, and reconstruct herself into an incorporeal form. However, she didn't actually regain a corporeal body, or do anything of note, until the Colossus picked up the phazon containing Dark Samus's essence, and collected it into a concentrated phazon store.

So for Echoes Dark Samus, perhaps there should be a weakness for the low-godly regen saying "Cannot regenerate fully without absorbing high concentrations of Phazon", since the scattered particles in Aether's atmosphere seemingly weren't enough to accomplish that.

I don't know if this applies to Prime 3 Dark Samus as well, but if it does then maybe the weakness could extend there as well.

Not much, a lot of this is just statements or log entries.
What we do know is that at the end of Prime 2 in the secret ending, Dark Samus is shown reforming in an incorporeal form.

Then, according to Prime 3 log entries, an unknown sometime between Prime 2 and 3 (a gap consisting of around 6 months), the space pirate ship Colossus and a Galactic Federation ship showed up to collect the Phazon in Aether’s atmosphere, likely to start their Phazon trooper program, with the Colossus picking up the Phazon that the Federation didn’t. The second Phazon batch contained Dark Samus’s essence, and it’s described that DS used the collected Phazon of the pirates in order to reform her corporeal self.

The important ones are “Our Mission” and “Stowaway”

The secret ending of Prime 2 that’s an unknown time before these log entries:

And basically every site notes how Prime 3’s intro is 6 months after the end of Echoes, so all the above events happen in some amount less than that timeframe.

I don't see why she needs Phazon to regenerate. Especially since she's shown regenerating without Phazon in Torvus Bog.

The part with Dark Samus regenerating from absorbing Phazon from the Colossus is probably more to do with evolving further into the Prime 3 version of her suit rather than just regeneration. Especially since she could have just gone back down to Aether and absorbed whatever scraps were left.

If she could regenerate fully on her own, then I think she would have done it using the Phazon in the atmosphere.

And well, the log entry says she used their Phazon to regenerate.

Also, even with the Torvus Bog thing, she never had to regen from essence destruction or whatnot until that final battle in the Sky Temple grounds. So judging her regen based on that scene seems kinda off, especially when there was a period of more than a day, maybe a month, until the Colossus came around, and she never regenerated until then. Unless she knew the ship was coming, but nothing indicates that either.

Last edited:
Oh, uh, I guess I also have a couple unrelated questions I figured I should ask:

1. Is Dark Samus' intangibility always active?
2. Is it possible Dark Samus teleported out of Dark Aether before it vanished?

So, looking at the scene of DS regenerating in the beginning of Corruption, she definitely used a lot of phazon to do it, at least 10 tanks. So, the phazon is definitely playing a part, especially when DS couldn't regain a corporeal form in Prime 2 after Dark Aether's destruction, but could in Torvus.

Oh I kinda forgot about this.

I interpreted that scene more as DS willing her spirit back but not being able to do much else, hence why she was still in the atmosphere a couple months later. But what you’re suggesting also seems feasible.

Back