• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Adamantium in Marvel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Golden_Void

VS Battles
Retired
Since Logan is 4-B with his claws, well then should that scale to anyone who can weaponize adamantium or stronger materials? Cap's shield is stronger than Wolverine's claws, even though Logan is stronger, Cap can still weaponize a much stronger object.

This should also scale to X-23, Black Panther has anti-metal claws that can destroy adamantium, etc. then? Though I assume this would only count for the Marvel verse. There are OV characters that can use/destroy adamantium.

Although I agree with what you said, I do not see why I would only tell in the Marvel universe, to break adamantium you need to have a force greater than Solar System level or something that ignores the durability and this exists in other versions

Well in his profile it says his claws would dissolve it, so he's breaking it down on a chemical level rather than just ignoring it's dura.

Question since we are on the topic of marvel metals why is black panther durability considered unknown

Captain America's shield is not nearly as sharp as Wolverine's claws, and has not regularly demonstrated the ability to significantly harm 4-B beings. It can withstand attacks from them however.

Question regarding Wolverines AP: does adamantium negate durability? I'm sure this question has been asked before, but how does someone with wall+ level AP and Striking damage more durable opponents, even with the claws? For example, what if we gave someone like Captain America or Daredevil an adamantium sword, could they do the same and injure Thor, Hulk, etc.?

According to Marvel's near complete lack of rational power-scaling, apparently yes, Daredevil could technically kill Thanos if he had an adamantium sword.

Wait are some of these Bendis feats? He's pretty infamous for ignoring the power-scaling. It's hard to rationalize that in a VS match, Wolverine could shank somebody like (current) Superman or Silver Surfer without adamantium having some kind of durability negation or durability bypassing like @RoyGundam suggested.

Most Marvel writers tend to treat Wolverine as being able to harm characters on that level. Bendis is a considerably more severe offender though. He once let Cyclops almost beat Dormammu.

Anyway, since the question has been answered, should we close this thread?

Because the Panther's suit is very thin, and we do not know its exact resistance levels, beyond that Iron Fist was able to shred it and severely damage him.

Yeah I heard that iron fist could destroy it. But can't we just scale it to iron fist (If he was going all out) or is his armor to inconsistent to put a rating

Black Panther isn't nearly as durable as Cap's shield.

However, I have seen Cap shield decapitating Ultron. That's its best cutting showing me thinks.

I know black panther doesn't have solar system durability but I would think it would be a bit higher then small building level+

Huh, you're right, he did cut King Thor. I was focusing on Thor's eye beam melting the Adamantium.

Yeah, that's way too high for Wolverine. I would consider it an outlier.

So, is there anything left to discuss here?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back