• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Accelerator vs Midora

Status
Not open for further replies.
Midora stomps.

Midora has Planet level+ AP / DC while Accelerator is Continent level+ when he borrows the Earth's energy. Even is speed is equalizied, Midora is still vastly more powerful, and he has better / stronger hax.

^mostlikely it will always come down to "this is how accelerators powers work" and "no, it isnt he gets roflstomped" and "gt knowledge about accelerator before posting something" and what follows will be a eternal fanboy vs fanboy war...

for the thread: if apetite energy is some kind of unknown energy to accelerator (which mostlikely also means that all of midoras attacks will be out of that unknown energy) than it is midoras win,

if not than accel (all energy-based attacks/stuff will be repelled and etc etc. at least i didnt see a "vector-less"-skill from midoras profile, if he has it than he could still win :)

in short: base accelerator could have a hard time or win easily or lose in one hit, the other versions would mostlikely use the inexplicable force that could cause midora to die after it does something "impossible" ^_^

Gabriel 00 said:
Can't accel's analyze de apetite energy like he did agains't kaikine? With speed equalized i'd say accelerator
he could but im not sure if he would survive a attack of planet lvl+ and than be healthy enough to analyze the energy ^_^

I just want to mention that accelerators ability is to manipulate vectors, not energy. It isn´t really relevant which type of energy is used, because that isn´t what he manipulates, but the vectors and vectors look the same for most stuff. Do with that what you want.

ZERO7772 said:
LordAizenSama said:
I can see Accelerator getting banned from Versus Debates real soon if this keeps up.
LOL why ?
because the stats don't reflect his ability very well(no pun intended), and it will no doubt turn into arguments about the intricies of how his ability works, and it's painful explaining it to people over and over

ZERO7772 said:
LordAizenSama said:
I can see Accelerator getting banned from Versus Debates real soon if this keeps up.
LOL why ?
Many users here are not aware of shows or characters which aren't mainstream (myself included). They will simply look at tiers and say character X wins (look at Swordslayer99 above for example). See how much rage Flash vs Goku created, they had no clue about Flash's abilities. Tiers don't determine every match

I don't read Toriko, so if someone more knowledgeable about the series could explain Midora's Hungry Space in more detail it would be great. From the scan Faisal Shourov posted, his page and the Toriko wiki it seems like a technique that works in his tongue's trail paths. His tongue would be a regular physical object moving, so it would never touch Accel. True, he could spam it to create a small vacuum around Accel, but shouldn't the vacuum fill quickly with the surrounding air? Accel could also just fly out of range and/or move air with his powers to fill the vacuum himself.

IMO it all depends on if his Appetite Energy is close enough to normal physics that it gets redirected with weird results like magic did in WWIII or if its so alien to natural physics and men that its bypasses the redirection like Telesma did. Appetite Energy is a rare form of cellular energy, so I would lean towards the former unless there's some kind of otherwordly power or quality missing from Midora's profile and the wiki.

Anyhow, since my knowledge on Toriko is superficial at best I'll hold my vote until someone explains how Hungry Space works.

Midora's technique don't left a regular vacuum, is his Hungry Space. This works as an "atom eating" area, even able to eat air.

http://www.***********.net/toriko/250/8

http://www.***********.net/toriko/250/9

There is a stronger version too, with an extremely increased range.

http://www.***********.net/toriko/339/4 http://www.***********.net/toriko/339/5

The Wandering Shepherd said:
Midora's technique don't left a regular vacuum, is his Hungry Space. This works as an "atom eating" area, even able to eat air.
http://www.***********.net/toriko/250/8

http://www.***********.net/toriko/250/9

There is a stronger version too, with an extremely increased range.

http://www.***********.net/toriko/339/4 http://www.***********.net/toriko/339/5
So basically going by those scans Midora is shooting something like an invisible beam of Appetite Energy through the vacuum path his tongue created. This Appetite Energy then devours everything down to the atomic level, right?.

Well, then as I said Accelerator should be able to redirect Midora's tongue no problem since it's a normal physical body moving, so Hungry Space wouldn't work as a direct attack. Does he really need the vacuum to activate Hungry Space like the fist scan says? If it wasn't for that he could lay several paths as an invisible trap and wait until Accelerator's body is inside of the paths to use the technique. Then it would fall down to Accel's redirection versus Appetite Energy, as I described in my post. But the vacuum shouldn't last very long, and Accel can just use his powers to fill them out himself.

@Sheoth : If it actually gets to effect his body not. For his reflection it doesn´t really matter wether it is atomization or even breaking things down on the quantum level or hiving them vanish completly.

DontTalk said:
@Sheoth : If it actually gets to effect his body not. For his reflection it doesn´t really matter wether it is atomization or even breaking things down on the quantum level.
Well he could just create a wall of hungry space around him and trap him there. And if he doesn't know what it is, then he would likely die I would imagine.

Well, stationary things could work, I believe. One could question wether accel would run in it or take the time to figure out how things work to find an active counter, though. He isn´t all that stupid after all. Then again invisible killing cage can be quite suprising.

The Wandering Shepherd said:
@LazyHunter You said it before, Midora can just eat the space surrounding Accel. This is not a slow technique after all, look what he did in 0.01 seconds http://www.***********.net/toriko/338/10
Yes, but the speed creating the vacuum doesn't matter that much, especially since it's speed equalized. The vacuum he can create, which seems to be his only way to get through Accel's redirection, wouldn't last very long and Accel can hold his breath long enough for him to fly thousands of meters into the air to get more air; or he could just fill the vacuum using his air manipulation powers.

About your second post: for second link you mean this one? I know that he's using Hungry Space and not his tongue, but the scans you linked, his profile here and the wiki all say that he activates Hungry Space in the vacuum trail path formed by his Hungry Tongue. His tongue can't touch Accel, so the path is not touching Accel as a direct attack. Air filling the vacuum should prevent it being used as a trap.

@Sheoth

Accelerator doesn't need to know what something is to redirect it, he redirected magic in WWIII despite having no idea what it was. The problem is if the attack is something otherwordly that doesn't follow the rules of physics like Telesma. From what I read Appetite Energy is special cellular energy, nothing that sounds that far removed from nature, so he could probably redirect it. Also, could somebody tell me what's preventing Accel or natural air filling the vacuums created by Midora's tongue?

For now, my vote goes to Accel, as his wings should be enough to kill Midora. Best Midora could do is a Hungry Space cage around Accel to physically trap him but that would just give Accel more time to analyze Appetite Energy, which as shown with Kakine is not a good idea.

@LazyHunter: Note that it is less about not following the laws of physics to breach accelerators defense, as it is to not follow the laws of typical vectors, something more mathematical. Breaking the laws of physics in fiction is quite easy, but breaking the laws of math is still hard.Mana in to aru seems to have some quite complicated vector properties as it seems to reflect similar to esper teleportation. Telesma probably has even more complicated ones.

Probably because accels reflection only works up to c, so that characters faster then that just blitz. (at least 2*c in angel mode IIRC)

@DontTalk I don't remember Accelerator having a set speed limit for bouncing back things, I get that we can't just have him blocking MFTL+/Immeasurable Characters, so we just use light as the best thing he can reflect but yeah. I'm also not sure where you got the 2xC limit for Angelmode though

Accelerator couldn't stop a hungry space vacuum because hungry space continues to eat the atoms of whatever enters the space until he deactivated the ability. Whatever Accelerator does it won't get rid of the vacuum, since it would just keep eating away at the new air that entered the space.

Accelerator wins imo as his hax is better and pretty much what Aizen and DontTalk said sounded logical to me

Accelerator doesn't need to know what something is to redirect it, he redirected magic in WWIII despite having no idea what it was. The problem is if the attack is something otherwordly that doesn't follow the rules of physics like Telesma. From what I read Appetite Energy is special cellular energy, nothing that sounds that far removed from nature, so he could probably redirect it. Also, could somebody tell me what's preventing Accel or natural air filling the vacuums created by Midora's tongue?

well FTL attacks obviously don't follow the rules of physics so any FTL (like Midora) should be able to ignore his "shield" right?

L5V7M5L4D5 said:
well FTL attacks obviously don't follow the rules of physics so any FTL (like Midora) should be able to ignore his "shield" right?
it is actually FTL+ that doesnt follow the rules, FL is pretty "logical" in the sense of "accelerator has already reflected this fast in canon" (UV rays) ^_^

if midora has FTL+ attacks than he would win, with appetite energy (if it is unknown enough, which i doubt right now beause the objects creates by this energy seem to have real world properties) he should maybe manage to do some damage too :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back