• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Accelerated Development for various characters

DontTalkDT

A Fossil at This Point
VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Administrator
Bronze Supporter
I wrote the Accelerated Development cause I thought a decent amount of characters have something like this.

So I made this thread to start putting it on profiles.

Kumoko has abilities such as Pride, which would qualify her for the ability with "(Leveling; Physical Stats, Abilities)"

Darquesse basically already has it on her page, but as reactive power level. That isn't quite correct, because as the explanation on her page states, she simply grows stronger by being active, battle not necessary. Likewise she learns very fast and uses this knowledge to quickly develope her magic abilities. Hence she should qualify for "(Passive, Training; Physical Stats, Intelligence, Abilities)"

To name the last I put on the page as example:

Naruto has in the past used his shadow clones to learn at multiple times the normal speed, like when he developed rasen shuriken. Hence he should qualify for "(Training; Abilities; via training with shadow clones)"

Bell Cranel already has an explanation on his page, so adding it seems fine. Looks like (Leveling; Physical Stats), I think?

Kagutsuchi also already has it mentioned on the page, which means that adding it would be ok with me. It would be (Passive; Physical Stats) for him, I guess?

Hmmm... thinking about it, it would probably have made more sense to just call it "Stats" instead of "Physical Stats".

This one is a bit of a stretch, but Han Jee-Ha can learn any technique for as long as said technique is recorded in a "skill book" (which can be any text detailing how to use a specific technique or techniques, but not general theory).

He can also grind monsters to raise his level and dumps his stats into Intelligence, but he plateaus after a while.

Should rimuru have this as well? He's pretty much capable of learning and mastering anything he wants with great sage/raphael/ciel

I believe the Saiyans and many other DB characters would qualify for this.

Reppuzan said:
This is Bell Cranel's entire shtick.
This might be a bit off-topic, but...

...looking at Bell Cranel's page, his explanation for his Accelerated Development ability states "But these stats only apply after a status update, making it useless in a combat situation".

Possible grammar issues aside, what is a "Status Update" in this context? Is it when he levels up? When he becomes subject or free of a Status Effect? Is it when his statistics change? After he tells people about his most recent romantic experience?

I think his explanation for his Accelerated Development, or what a "Status Update" for Bell is could be improved.

This might be a bit off-topic, but...

...looking at Bell Cranel's page, his explanation for his Accelerated Development ability states "But these stats only apply after a status update, making it useless in a combat situation".

Possible grammar issues aside, what is a "Status Update" in this context? Is it when he levels up? When he becomes subject or free of a Status Effect? Is it when his statistics change? After he tells people about his most recent romantic experience?

I think his explanation for his Accelerated Development, or what a "Status Update" for Bell is could be improved.

I'm not late at all. A status update is when Hestia updates his status.

Back