• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Acausality Question

This isn't just "keeping your memories after a time reset" or "being unaffected by changes to the past". This is "being unaffected by time being rewound to an earlier point".

Basically, what if time suddenly goes backwards, but you continue to act as if it is moving forward? Would that be Type 4?

KingPin0422 said:
This isn't just "keeping your memories after a time reset" or "being unaffected by changes to the past". This is "being unaffected by time being rewound to an earlier point".Basically, what if time suddenly goes backwards, but you continue to act as if it is moving forward? Would that be Type 4?
I think that this could be counted as a reistance to Time Manipulation.

I mean... it could be that. But Type 4 is operating on an abnormal system of causality, no?

How do I put it... a Type 1 acausal is still affected by time resets, right? They just get to keep their memories from before the reset. What about if you're not affected by time resets at all?

If any change in the past happens and anything happens to you is Type 1 Acausality (unless nothing would have happened to you regardless of the changes, but that depends of how the verse treat time travel); if something happens in the past but you still conserve the memories of the previous timeline (any "physical" change still happened) then that qualify as Temporal Protection.

Back