• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

About Void termina's corruption | Possible Soul Manipulation

Void termina's page currently says his corruption "needs to be manually activated through omnidirectional shockwaves" and isn't passive/Type 3 unlike the dark hearts that void is made out of. I beg to differ.

A tip box claims that the Shockwaves Specifically affects the soul of Kirby's friend opposed to the dark hearts that affect the body of a victim. When the shockwaves affected the D. Friends, they are enveloped in an heart shaped aura signifying that their is soul being controlled opposed to the dark heart causing victims to get a purple aura with a change of eye color. My point is the Shockwaves were some form of Soul Manipulation from Void and it wouldn't make sense for Void to not be able to use passive Corruption like the The things that he's made out of.

Last edited:
It's weird, the kanjis for soul also mean heart and mind, so while the text legit points out Soul Manip the rest of the context in the game with Friend Hearts & Jamba Hearts and people getting their mind corrupted would make more logical for this to go as in heart or mind. Or maybe their lack of difference between the 3 words should mean he should have both powers, idk.

You can tag other staff for help.

so while the text legit points out Soul Manip the rest of the context in the game with Friend Hearts & Jamba Hearts and people getting their mind corrupted would make more logical for this to go as in heart or mind
That seems reasonable but If those waves were meant to corrupt their minds, weren't they just resist it? They are constantly in the presence of dark hearts in most Cutscenses but aren't effected. The waves must of been using a different ability to affect them. I.e, soul manip.

Last edited:
That seems reasonable but If those waves were meant to corrupt their minds, weren't they just resist it? They are constantly in the presence of dark hearts in most Cutscenses but aren't effected. The waves must of been using a different ability to affect them. I.e, soul manip.
Not necessarily, it would make perfect sense to argue that the scale of the Mind Manip Void Termina has is higher than that of the individual Jamba Heart pieces, which he's made of dozens upon dozens of.

Powers can be lost when fusions happen, and he didn't even lose the ability but he uses it in another way. That makes perfect sense on their own and so we have no reason to say that Void not having Passive Mind Manip/Corruption are Game Mechanics. The Jamba Hearts also may only be able to do that aside from some other animalistic stuff, so it makes even more sense for Void to not always do that now that he's more complex.

Then I guess those two powers are out the window. He still needs a justification as for which type of corruption he has.

Back