• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

About the speed of various Marvel characters

Status
Not open for further replies.

AidenBrooks999

VS Battles
Retired
We already accepted characters listed at "Peak Human" at Hypersonic+ speed, right?

But what about the Athlete/"Normal" Human?

For example, Hawkeye is listed an Supersonic+, and he has A LOT of feats and calcs that makes him Supersonic+, that's very consistent

So, why no others characters are "scale" from him?

Even the Human Torch has a Supersonic+ feat http://www.narutoforums.com/blog.php?b=22235

Well i wasn't kidding when Endless Mike said that Hawkeye had some VERY consistent feats of being Supersonic+. *Nods*

No, I think that it is probably fine to update the "Athlete" speed level characters based on Hawkeye.

I am currently busy with the daily backlog though.

Take note that these would be the characters listed as "Athlete" level in the Master Edition handbook, not the ones listed as "Peak Human" ( Black Panther), or "Enhanced Human" ( Deadpool), who frequently also get tier 2 ratings in the new handbook, so I will probably have to take a look at it later:

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Category:Marvel_Comics

This would affect characters like:

Dr. Strange

The Punisher

Cyclops

Luke Cage

Emma Frost

Mr. Fantastic

Ghost Rider

Ant-Man

Colossus

Hercules

Human Torch

Right?

I forgot about Ghost Rider. I will have to check that up.

However, I think that Mister Fantastic and the Human Torch were listed at "normal" speed.

Hercules was listed as Superhuman though.

No. Ghost Rider had "Enhanced human" speed.

Human Torch wasn't athlete?

And reed is "swifter" than a human

I dont know what that's suposted to mean

GR is already scaled from Black Panther, and Reed and Johnny were listed as "normal" in speed in the handbook, which makes their speed levels "Unknown" here, as they are hard to rate. However, if we get specific feats for Reed himself, we might be able to use that.

Ok, I will try to find something

But I have a question, Ben has a calc that makes him Subsonic in human form

That could apply to the rest of "normal" speed characters?

I do not know if we can scale to all normal speed characters. "Normal" is what the average citizen is placed at after all.

Antvasima said:
I do not know if we can scale to all normal speed characters. "Normal" is what the average citizen is placed at after all.
And Athletes and Peak Humans arent Supersonic+ and Hypersonic+

Of course, in some outstanding instances official stats might not always be appropriate as always, but as far as a general rule? This seems reasonable enough to me.

ThePerpetual said:
Of course, in some outstanding instances official stats might not always be appropriate as always, but as far as a general rule? This seems reasonable enough to me.
So, you're ok with Subsonic normal speed characters?

I have posted calcs for FTE Reed

But also, I posted Human Ben Calc (when he blitzed the gunman)

Well, my guess would be that normal Ben is athlete level, but I think that Mister Fantastic has better calculated speed feats than that. Or at least I vaguely recall seeing one involving catching a missile.

Endless Mike has made calcs for the Fantastic Four. Though i'm not sure if all of them are legit to what one would say they can do that in the comics or not.

Some are considered outliers (like one having Human Torch having some feat taht Mike calc'd to be around even Large Planet level, others like Ben going no more than Town level or higher usually). That's just for strength.

For speed, it's in the same ballpark as the strength/DC ones.

I was sarcastically talking in general

I mean, subsonic for normal speed characters isnt that bad, considering the Supersonic+ Athletes and Hypersonic+ Peak Humans

ThePerpetual said:
@Antvas I believe that was a High Hypersonic+ feat.
That will REALLY contradict Reed's Level 2 speed

Also, considering the current stats, Subsonic for "Normal" speed characters isn't SO incosistent

Okay. "At least Subsonic" speed it is for Reed.

Well, level 2 in the new handbook contains "normal" to "enhanced human" speed characters, but I do not have the energy to fix all of those Marvel character pages at the moment.

Antvasima said:
Well, level 2 in the new handbook contains "normal" to "enhanced human" speed characters, but I do not have the energy to fix all of those Marvel character pages at the moment.
It's ok, I kinda exhausted too T-T

But at least I want to know is the subsonic speed would now scale to the "normal" speed characters

Like we do with Athletic and Peak

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back