• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

About the Omnitrix faile safe speed (downgrade)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's what it says in the Omnitrix profile:

Speed: Infinite attack speed with its fully charged self-destruct mode and failsafe transformation speed

The feat comes from this :

Honestly.......That just doesn't make sense , why does the Omnitrix faile safe have infinite reaction speed when it's best feat was reacting to a Big bang that was so slow to the point that ben Tennyson was able to finish a full sentence before the explosion reached him ? Heck even if we use the instance where the Annihilarrgh was used to destroy the universe we can clearly see that it doesn't start as infinite speed right away and multiple characters (who clearly don't have infinite speed) can react to this shit as well.

If that's the only evidence for the infinite speed rating then I suggest to remove it as it's clearly wrong

Agree: @LuffyRuffy46307 , @Eficiente , @Reiner, @Maverick_Zero_X, @MARVEL_Future_Fight_Gamer, @Quantu,

Disagree:

Last edited:
Here's what it says in the Omnitrix profile:

Speed: Infinite attack speed with its fully charged self-destruct mode and failsafe transformation speed

The feat comes from this :

Honestly.......That just doesn't make sense , why does the Omnitrix faile safe have infinite reaction speed when it's best feat was reacting a Big bang that was so slow to the point that ben 10 was able to finish a full sentence ? Heck even if we use the instance where the Annihilarrgh was used to destroy the universe we can clearly see that it doesn't start as infinite speed right away and multiple characters (who clearly don't have infinite speed) can react to this shit as well.

If that's the only evidence for the infinite speed rating then I suggest to remove it as it's clearly wrong

well, if in fact that's right I agree with downgrading, I've also never seen infinite speed done on the back, so anyway I agree.

I think it's because it was stated somewhere that the Omnitrix's transformations are instantaneous, and that the transformation sequences are only "slowed down" for the audience? Maybe that's why it was rated like that?

I'd fetch the statement myself, but I'm sorta busy and tired atm

We could just list the transformation speed at Unknown if the OP and no one else gives an alternative rating.
There is alternatives.. like as of big bang usual speed/his previous speed before infinite or smth!? It's speed is good enough to be listed as unknown. Possibly will take a clac or smth.

I would say at least MFTL+ Possibly Infinite. Also to be fair the writers might've let him say his sentence just for plot convenience or the fact that it could be impossible for them to show a big bang going at actual infinite speed.

Honestly.......That just doesn't make sense , why does the Omnitrix faile safe have infinite reaction speed when it's best feat was reacting to a Big bang that was so slow to the point that ben Tennyson was able to finish a full sentence before the explosion reached him ?
Even MTFL+ doesn't make sense in that case.
that was a deemed outlier otherwise all aliens would be tier 2 as well. if it's a outlier for them in the first case, then it shouldn't be used as an anti-feat as well.

I would say at least MFTL+ Possibly Infinite. Also to be fair the writers might've let him say his sentence just for plot convenience or the fact that it could be impossible for them to show a big bang going at actual infinite speed.
Even FTL speed still doesn't make sense lmao

If we’re gonna treat it as an outlier for Ben to be able to react to the Annihilaargh regardless of what value it ends up being, then the only issue with infinite failsafe speed is now solved.
Nobody said that we are gonna treat it as an outlier it simply proves that the Annihilaargh doesn't start as infinite speed right away not only this is proven by the last episode but also even during the destruction of the universe we can clearly see that the destruction start slow (some characters reacted to it as well ) and then it start to increase it's speed until it reaches infinite

Last edited:

As for this one then I just..... don't see how using processing speed ( as shown by mention of "yattabytes" ) has anything to do with physical speed or reaction speed but I don't have any knowledge on how to make a calc so whatever

As for this one then I just..... don't see how using processing speed ( as shown by mention of "yattabytes" ) has anything to do with physical speed or reaction speed but I don't have any knowledge on how to make a calc so whatever
a machine has to process what it happening to react to it, no?

Nobody said that we are gonna treat it as an outlier it simply proves that the Annihilaargh doesn't start as infinite speed right away not only this is proven by the last episode but also even during the destruction of the universe we can clearly see that the destruction start slow (some characters reacted to it as well ) and then it start to increase it's speed until it reaches infinite
So we’re gonna treat the beginning of the Big Bang as having human level speed since Ben reacted to it?

So we’re gonna treat the beginning of the Big Bang as having human level speed since Ben reacted to it?
Yeah Ben in the last episode and multiple other characters reacted to it to as seen the universe destruction episode :
8809391-img_20230205_163900.jpg

So whatever it's human level speed or not it's certainly not anywhere near FTL speed much less infinite speed so you'd have to bring an other evidence for the watch faile safe being FTL or MFTL or infinite or else the Omnitrix faile safe speed should be rated as unknown

Okay, well this does sound largely feasible. But couldn't it be explained away as visual misdirection??
Plus, tbh, Ben can't possibly talk at abnormal speeds so I really don't know what the rating would be modified to if not Infinite.
But then again, there was a point in time when Ben wasn't seen while the anihilaargh continually expanded and it isn't exactly known at what time and range the failsafe kicked in.
Factoring the fact that the expansion might have accelerated gradually and eventually hit infinite speed abruptly when Ben was about to hit (cuz again, Ben was also moving toward it) the energy field, which might be the case coupled with the impossibility of visual representation of infinite speed movement without some measurable fraction of time flow, it could be rated at unknown, possibly infinite.

Yeah Ben in the last episode and multiple other characters reacted to it to as seen the universe destruction episode :
Can you prove the speed of the destruction setting of the Annihilaargh is equal to the speed of the creation setting of the amped one?

Can you also explain how an explosion of a universe worth of matter is moving at human level speed?

Can you prove the speed of the destruction setting of the Annihilaargh is equal to the speed of the creation setting of the amped one?
I literally just did, Ben in the last episode reacted to it and other characters from the universe destruction episode reacted to it as well as shown above

Can you also explain how an explosion of a universe worth of matter is moving at human level speed?
I never said it only caps at human level speed, my point was that the Annihilaargh speed start of as slow and then the speed start to increase over time

I literally just did, Ben in the last episode reacted to it and other characters from the universe destruction episode reacted to it as well as shown above
Those characters have relativistic reaction speed, Ben currently doesn’t. This also doesn’t prove the speeds are equal.
I never said it only caps at human level speed, my point was that the Annihilaargh speed start of as slow and then the speed start to increase over time
An explosion starting slow is nonsensical, especially if you argue it starts at human level speed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back