• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

About The Many Worlds Theory

Status
Not open for further replies.
In order to understand even more regarding the Parallel Universes sub-theory, we go onto the kinds of Parallel Universes:

Alternative realities made possible by time travel: Science fiction writers relish the intricate plots woven by introducing time travellers into a story. Einstein's general theory of relativity does not distinguish between space and time and hence hypothetically permits travels to the past, though the mechanics of such a journey are still largely beyond us. In recent decades, backward time travel ideas have been explored in serious articles published in reputable physics journals. If journeying back in time is possible, what would happen if someone changed history? Would they launch a new timeline, and hence a new universe, in which the chain of events was different? The answer won't be known until backward time travel is either developed or ruled out.

Sum over histories : Physicist Richard Feynman had a practical, no-nonsense approach to physics, supporting notions that are potentially testable. Yet his approach to quantum field theory introduced the startling concept of reality as a weighted sum of alternative histories. For example, according to Feynman's formulation, if two electrons approach each other, deflect and scatter, their overall behavior from start to finish must take into account every possible intermediate path—weighted according to each path's likelihood. It is like assessing how tired someone will be after taking a walk in the woods by assuming that they somehow split up and took every possible route from entrance to exit—assigning more weight to the shortest (and therefore likeliest) paths, but still taking all of them into account.

Copycat regions of the universe : We now turn from the exceedingly small to the incomprehensibly large. If the universe is infinite, as many cosmologists surmise, then if you travel far enough you will eventually reach regions nearly identical to ours. That's because if you take a finite number of elements and mix them into an infinite number of combinations, eventually chance will reproduce one of the previous arrangements. It is like playing tic-tac-toe—play enough times and you are bound to repeat yourself. Hence somewhere, by pure chance, there could be a near-parallel Earth where a nearly-identical version of you is reading this article on a parchment scroll illuminated by a glowworm.

Bubble Universes and Baby Universes : In general relativity, an energy field of the right variety can trigger space to grow explosively. Researchers use this phenomenon to explain how the universe expanded so rapidly during the inflationary era. However, they've come to realize that if explosive expansion took place in one part of space, it probably happened elsewhere, too. Hence, myriad bubble universes could have emerged from the primordial cosmic sea of energy. We would never have access to other bubble universes, though, because they would have since moved away from us well beyond the limits of observation. Baby universes represent a related idea, in which universes would be seeded in the extreme conditions of black holes. The embryonic regions of space would then grow into successor universes in their own right.

Many Worlds Interpretation of quantum mechanics/Higher Dimensions : For this type of parallel universe, we move beyond the three dimensions of space itself and consider the possibility of a higher, unseen dimension. While such a scenario sounds a bit like "The Twilight Zone," higher dimensions are a vital part of string theory and other attempts at unifying the natural forces. If a higher dimension exists beyond space and time, why can't we travel through it? Theorists hypothesize that the particles of matter and light cling to our three-dimensional space, preventing us from entering or even observing the extra dimension.

The 1 associated with the Many Worlds Theory is the last 1, which explains my own point to an even more clear view.

Reading all of this makes me glad that I stopped reading Pop-science... This stuff seemed to make a ton of sense years ago, and now half of this stuff is literal nonsense in its description. :/

The Parallel Universes sub-theory in the Many Worlds Theory focuses on the Brane Multiverse description, focusing on the fact that parallel worlds to our own universe are just like upper layers of cake, each layer is above the lowe layer, and depending on the number of layers stated, it would determine the cosmology of the fictional verse you are in.

But Branes are different from the Layers that we are talking about. The Mathematical concept would in no way whatsoever qualify as anything past 1 Plane. As how they are mathematically explained it would not have such an absolute transcendence on a level that it is conceptually superior to lower levels.

I never said that Layers of Existence are physical. I placed the Parallel Universes sub-theory's explanation, along with it focusing on the Brane Multiverse description when affiliated with the Many Worlds Theory.

No. The Everett Parallel universes are something completely different then what M-Theory says.

Provide some Peer-Reviewed paper or Textbook on this matter... The more this conversation goes, the more Pop-science I'm seeing from here. It's not really accurate.

Exactly, it is quite inaccurate, and also assuming that Branes = Planes. Despite Planes being far superior to Branes. All Branes exist on one Plane. Even 11-D is one Plane. As Planes are superior on a Metaphysical level, beyond the Physical level of Branes.

And? The Sub-theory of Parallel Universes when stated in the Many Worlds Theory states that the existence of parallel worlds means higher planes of existence above our own universe, and depending on the number of said universes, the verse's cosmology would vary.

"The Sub-theory of Parallel Universes when stated in the Many Worlds Theory states that the existence of parallel worlds means higher planes of existence above our own universe, and depending on the number of said universes"

It does not say that. As I've already said, M-Theory and the Everett Parallel Theory are two entirely different things. MWI is an interpretation of Quantum Mechanics, it's not something in which is derived off of M-Theory in any sense. It makes no mention of higher planes of existence above our own.

Well the thing about branes is they don't exactly work like that. We live in a brane that is inside a higher dimensional bulk, which would be 10 dimensional. And there are many more branes around us, potentially infinite, comprised of various dimensionality and we wouldn't be able to interact with them, although they're not exactly hierarchical. So a brane cosmology would cap out at High 1-C, not High 1-B.

A parallel world does not only mean a universe that is beside ours. This term is only used when we assume things like time travel. When someone time travels, they go backwards or forwards, depending on whether they want to travel to the past or the future, which in turn means that 1 has to move "left" and "right".

However, when using the Many Worlds Theory with it, it would mean higher planes of existence above us, which in turn means that instead of going "left" and "right", you go "up".

Giygas3 said:
"The Sub-theory of Parallel Universes when stated in the Many Worlds Theory states that the existence of parallel worlds means higher planes of existence above our own universe, and depending on the number of said universes"
It does not say that. As I've already said, M-Theory and the Everett Parallel Theory are two entirely different things. MWI is an interpretation of Quantum Mechanics, it's not something in which is derived off of M-Theory in any sense. It makes no mention of higher planes of existence above our own.
https://www.space.com/18811-multiple-universes-5-theories.html

.... What? Okay seriously, actually provide reliable sources for these things, such as Textbook's or Peer-Reviewed papers.

Space.com is a Pop-science source, it's not a reliable source at all when it comes to talking about what Physics or Astronomy actually says. I've asked you twice now to provide a reliable source, I don't know why you aren't doing that.

I think you're misunderstanding that article. A 3-brane exists in a higher dimensional bulk, which has multiple other various dimensional branes within it. They're parallel to each other in arbitrarily directions, maybe even millimeters apart from one another, but they aren't actually hierarchical. The only hierarchy there would be the dimensional one, which would be capped out at 10.

I will close it. Regular users can only remove threads, not close them.

Be careful in the future, you removed the thread instead of closing it, which basically deletes the thread.

I'll close it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back