• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

About storms and lifting strength

I know this may sound like a dumb question but if a character creates a storm via wind manip and proceeds to move that storm around later with winds would their Lifting strength scale to the storms weight?

Just gotta be sure before I make any bold statements in a CRT

For the actual mass the wind in question can lift, you’d need to find acceleration of the storm, use that to find force, then divide out surface gravity, not just use the direct mass of the storm.
That being said, I’m not sure lifting strength via wind is reasonable to use, since that relies heavily on the target’s surface area and air resistance, rather than just mass.

Also, is the character only able to move clouds or is that character able to move anything else at such potency?

Also, is the character only able to move clouds or is that character able to move anything else at such potency?
The character didn’t get that much screentime but the only other lifting feats they do are tossing around buildings with casual wind and someone else with the same powers claiming they could shred all of New Zealand with their hurricane although I think that’s more so attack potency

It’s only really feats with moving clouds and storms that are notable for them

Back