• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

About Stomp matches

I was going to edit my actual response into my last comment, but I got distracted...

Anyway, the expansion on the current rule is fine by me. I don't see anything wrong with it.

Gonna be honest I thought your recommendation was sarcastic. That's why I didnt respond

It seems a bit too heavy handed, and assumes too much malicious intent. A stomp match should not be based on intent, nor should their reasons for being claimed to be one term or the other be correct or incorrect based on intent

Nothing in those changes is new though

If someone says a match is a stomp others in the thread try to debate and see if it is a stomp

If it is the thread is closed if not then we continue

The character not being able to retort with their own abilities just means they are slower to the draw not that they get stomped

To summarize my points

A character not using their wincon fast enough doesn't make it a stomp

A character not using their wincon because of a character flaw is not a stomp

A character not having a wincon at all is a stomp

If someone really wants to complain about someone not using their wincon because they are in character that's why bloodlust exists

And fairness can't be used for a match fair is an arbitrary term you can't use it to see if a match is a stomp

If a character not using their wincon in character is a stomp then all of gils loses are stomps because he doesn't use stronger nps in character and all of reinhard's loses are stomps because he doesn't pull out llt fast enough see why this is stupid

Paul Frank said:
If a character not using their wincon in character is a stomp then all of gils loses are stomps because he doesn't use stronger nps in character and all of reinhard's loses are stomps because he doesn't pull out llt fast enough see why this is stupid
1. Gil matches aren't stomps because even with his CIS he still has decent chances to win

2. Reinhard as no losses, only 2 inconclusive matches

No his loses aren't stomps because he could win if not for cis so he still has a wincon

Reinhard has lost matches but no one adds his matches

Looks like the changes won't go through, considering Overlord and Dragonmasterxyz's insistence on leaving this to a vote.

Votes Stomps

Ryukama said:
WeeklyBattles said:
If one or both characters have to act out of character for one character to have one scenario in which they win that is not decisive that is exploiting astronomically low odds to call a match fair.
I agree with this
^ Can we add this since like 12 people gived a kudo to Ryukama's responce ?

Personally, I think we need to just reword what can be considered a stomp. Something like:

A stomp thread is a matchup in which one character will utterly dominate another or will ultimately win no matter what their opponent does. Traits of such matchups can include a character being able to immediately win before their opponent can ever retort with their own abilities, a character lacking a viable method to win against their opponent or one of the characters having a disporportinate number of ways to win when compared to their opponent.

Overlord775 said:
People voted against my proposed changes, not the ones proposed by others
Pretty sure people voted against changing the definition in general

The God Of Procrastination said:
The number of ways to win doesn't matter
It kind of does.

If two characters have a multitude of abilities but character A has like 10 different ways to actually win but character B has only 1, that's kind of lopsided.

Naturally, there can be more to it than that (character's style of combat, who goes for what first, etc.).

Use All Fiction on him. Use Bookmaker on him. Hit him.
Istant death killed the heavely record eater, who's 2 infinities faster than Yogiri, before it could kill him

So nothing of that works fast enought to counter Istant Death and allowing Medaka to kill Yogiri

If one character can erase or seal their opponent, and the other can only make them implode, then the former is just as likely to win as the latter.
Also, if the latter has resistance to existence erasure, then the former is less likely to win.

If one character can erase or seal their opponent, and the other can only make them implode, then the former is just as likely to win as the latter.
The amount of ways of a character can win, will always be a factor. Not always the definitive factor, but a factor. If a character has only 1 way to win against an opponent but doesn't go for it immediately for whatever reason while their opponent has numerous methods, the chances of the former winning are rather low.

Again, there can be much more to a matchup than just the number of ways a character can win, but that doesn't mean you dimiss that in every scenario. Just because it's not important in one match, doesn't mean it won't be important in any other.

Paul Frank said:
There was already a vote and the overwhelming majority voted no I'm pretty sure this is done
Not really

My porposed changs were voted agaianst, but that Weekly propesed seemed way more liked

Back