• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

About standard battle assumptions

"Victory Conditions: Death of the opponent, removing the opponent from the battlefield for at least one week (BFR), knocking the opponent out for at least one hour, or incapacitating the opponent by putting him in a state in which he can not harm the other fighter(s) for over a day, are to be assumed as victory conditions."

So I have a question about Standard Battle Assumptions. If someone dies, but has immortality type 4 and can ressurect within a few minutes or seconds, would that still count as a loss? Same for immortality type 8 where they die, but will come back as long as something else exists. Because it says death of the opponent is enough. So if you kill someone but they come back 3 seconds later, it already counts as a win? Because death of the opponent is enough, no need for 24 hours.

Same goes for regen like low godly and above, you erase someone , you already win even if they can regen from conceptual erasure. This would make immortality type 4,resurrection, many kinds of regen, like, useless. Or is the phrasing on the SBA post just not good?

It doesn't count since it isn't even a proper death if a person is up and running in a few seconds. This is just common sense so I doubt any rephrasing is necessary..

It doesn't count since it isn't even a proper death if a person is up and running in a few seconds. This is just common sense so I doubt any rephrasing is necessary..
It doesn't say death of the opponent for an hour or minute or anything. Killing for 1 second is still death, by definition

Technically yes but we expect people to have the sense to understand that it doesn't count. But sure, if you want to it to be changed then go ahead. It's just very unnecessary in my opinion.

Technically yes but we expect people to have the sense to understand that it doesn't count. But sure, if you want to it to be changed then go ahead. It's just very unnecessary in my opinion.
I've debated people where they told me my characters immortality and ressurection were irrelevant because once you die, that's the end. This has actually happened to me 3 times iirc.

To be honest, I really do think it does count. After all, its literally on the SBA page itself. Death of the opponent, thats all that's needed to end thr fight. I think it needs to be changed

If a opponent can ressurect, they aren't experiencing true death by dying and coming back IMO.

At worst we'd add "permanent death" and be done with it.

Yeah, this really is fussing over nothing but eh. I suppose we can add that.

If a opponent can ressurect, they aren't experiencing true death by dying and coming back IMO.

At worst we'd add "permanent death" and be done with it.
They did though because they died? So I think it should be changed. Should i make a CRT

Death normally means the end of life or the permanent state of dead, so if you come back shortly after (people IRL have come back longer than that), you never experienced death since your state lasted too little and your life didn't come to a end, but there are other meanings too so whatever.

Again, just add "permanent", that's literally all we need to do, probably can call a staff to see this, CRT are not the only place where changes can happen.

Death doesn't need to be permanent. If resurrection takes a long period of time it counts as an incapacitation.

"or incapacitating the opponent by putting him in a state in which he can not harm the other fighter(s) for over a day"

"or incapacitating the opponent by putting him in a state in which he can not harm the other fighter(s) for over a day"
It says that after death of the opponent, the over a day portion is not talking about death

So yeah, 2 seconds death is still death

That's literally wrong mate. The rules may be poorly worded but it's absolutely not how we do it.

A victory condition means that the opponent can no longer continue to fight. This means most times death is a victory condition. Immortality and regen make death not a victory condition unless they're bypassed because the opponent can still continue fighting.

I agree the wording should be changed, if not for practical reasons then for the sake of grammatical nitpicking. We've changed hundreds of pages over smaller grammatical inconsistencies before.

does that mean a character who attacks his opponent all day without giving his opponent a chance to counterattack counts as a win? if so, that means a character with high speed will easily defeat a slower opponent even if the character can't inflict any damage or overthrow his opponent.

Back